Praxair Development Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

One hour presentation and day long 1:1 sessions with the managers of the groups. Application was to one specific division in R&D. I was hired in as a specialist due to my research in the area they were looking to hire in which meant a higher initial offer. Overall the process was very similar to other companies. Prepare by giving a direct easy to follow presentation of the work you did and its impact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Praxair

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at Tonawanda. They asked me to give a presentation on my research topic. Day long process. The interviewers were very friendly and asked many behavioral questions. Mostly focussed on the topics listed in the resume. No information yet regarding offer.

Interview Questions

• Main questions were on the research projects that I had listed in my resume. Why did you use so and so method? What was the underlying reason behind choosing this university for pursuing graduate studies? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Burr Ridge, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Very nice and professional format, technical seminar showing past work. Technical questions will come at the seminar. Behavioral questions STAR style in the one-on-one sessions. Took about a month after the interview to get offer.

Other opportunities in my area where equally challenging but there were financial discrepancies in the offers so I took the other one.

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview 30-40min. Received invitation to site interview within one week. Dinner with hiring manager the night before site interview which lasted for one whole day. Gave a 45 min presentation. Talked to 7-8 people for 45 min each person. Got final result in one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Campus interview, then on-site interview, which is pretty tough since have to make a 45 minutes talk and meet many individuals

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to say, normal

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Campus interview. General behavioral questions. Interview lasted for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when did not get along well with co-workers in your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First, I was selected for 1:1 interview and the interview questions were mostly based on my research work. Within 4 days I received invitation for site Visit & interview at the Praxair Technology Center in Tonawanda NY. I was given 2 weeks time for preparation. The day before onsite interview, Praxair personalities took me to a restaurant for dinner and discussed about Praxair's area of work. Interview day began with a short benefit introduction discussed by the HR persons. Then 6 persons interviewed me individually. each 45 minutes. Besides, I had to present my research work in-front of the interview panel. Overall the interview experience was very nice.