Praxair Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in September 2012.

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and was signed up for a interview on the spot, interview was scheduled a week after career fair. Interview was about 45 min long with the original recruiter i met representing the mechanical side and an additional interviewer representing the chemical side. Interview was both behavior and technical, the behavioral was standard, nothing unexpected or challenging. The technical was very challenging, I was asked to read graphs, explain flow charts even recite equations and troubleshoot a potential problem.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult aspect of this interview was that i was never told the actual position (and responsibilities) i was interviewing for. I asked several times for more information and was simply told it was a general engineering position and the responsibilities were vague. However when interviewed almost all the technical questions were geared toward a equipment engineering position. All the questions focused on being able to size and choose the correct equipment for a situation, such as sizing a heat exchanger or compressor or choosing the correct type equipement for a given application. Had I known this i would have prepared for the interview much differently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Praxair

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in May 2012.

Panel interview that was focused on the interviewee than what the company was offering. A presentation of project experience was required. This presentation was requested with adaquate time to prepare prior to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How was the communications between the applications interfaced?   View Answer
    Minimal negotiations occurred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Praxair in June 2012.

Applied online and received an e-mail to schedule the phone interview. I thought the interview would be a real interview with the hiring manager. However, it was not. Some person on the phone just asked me behavoral questions and typed up my answers. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall, but one question was "Tell me about a time you had to do something outside your responsibilities. What did you do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in February 2011.

Company tests your knowledge of engineering fundamentals. Behavioral skills matter for engineers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in November 2011.

on campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Praxair in July 2010.

process started with a phone interview, followed by a full day of interviews. Two 1-1 interviews, then a presentation, then more 1-1 interviews. Very organized agenda. People very knowledgeable.

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in March 2012.

simple process, can not remeber

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Praxair in May 2011.

Applied online; received a phone call for a phone interview; scheduled and completed phone interview. Was invited onsite for an interview with plant manager and others; completed panel inteview and plant tour. overall interview process was average.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in May 2011.

phone interview with the hiring manager, asked simple questions about my experience related to the job applied. Declined for further interview chance because of visa problems.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in October 2010.

I applied for the position through the corporate website. Their website is rather antiquated and the resume system they use is nearly impossible to use correctly. I received an email from organization roughly two-three weeks later.

The interview process was rather straight forward however I was not expecting the significant technical questions asked. This may be unusual since I did not interview with an HR person but a potential manager. However, the interviewer was calm and laid-back and did a very good job walking me through the interview. The interview took about 50 minutes.

I have not received an offer for an onsite-interview yet but I am in contact with the interviewer. The interviewer hinted to me that the process is slow and will take its time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your approach to convincing and informing non-technical stakeholders about a particular technical/engineering decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!