Praxair

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

3.1

R&D Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

Signed up for interview through campus. Met them at career fair. There was an info session, which was useful. Got an on-campus interview three weeks later. Still waiting for an offer

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your major? Tell me the time when you have to make a decision when there is little information provided. Tell me the time when you solved a problem that others can't. Describe a time when you seize an opportunity. Any disagreement at work and how you solve it.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

interviewed at Praxair in October 2014.

We were first required to apply through our university's online job portal. They shortlisted candidates from those applications and then called for an on-campus interview. They were very amiable and friendly. The interview went on for 45 minutes. At the end they described about the further procedure.

Interview Questions
    • Most of it was based on the kind of research I had been doing. They talked about the projects and internships. They want to know if your background is well suited to their needs.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair.

There was one phone Interview and one Onsite Interview with 3 teams . The questions were from the internet and interview was very 4 hrs . The interview was very easy .

Interview Questions
    • how to link one database from another databse   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in July 2014.

A representative from Praxair contacted me on a Monday after viewing my resume on CareerBuilder. The representative described the position to me, asked me a few general questions about my background, and then asked me if I would be interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview was the Thursday of that week. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and a member of the HR team. The phone interview was a chance for me to verbally discuss my resume and then a few behavioral questions were asked. After the phone interview was complete the hiring manager told me that I should hear from them within the next week or two. I was emailed the following Monday that I was selected for an in person panel interview. My in person panel interview was held at The Woodlands office the following Wednesday. I was then contacted on the next Tuesday to schedule one last phone interview with the Executive Director for the next day. I was called and extended an offer on Thursday.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were directly applicable to the job or my experience.   Answer Question
    Offer was acceptable, I did not have to negotiate anything.

Process Engineer Interview

Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   Answer Question

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

Phone interview first, then face interview with a Board of 4-5 people, need to make a presentation of your experiance.Friendly atmosphere
    It took a lot of time for a background check, about 3 weeks

asked for more beenfits and better salary

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair.

Took over 3 months and I had already written off them company as a potential employer when the call came. IT was least expected. Drove up, met with staff and went back twice for on site interviews.

Interview Questions
    It was straight forward. But they go through an in depth hiring process.

Research Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

On campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question was "Tell us whne you just jumped into making a decision"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in January 2014.

Phone interview with manager - basic interview questions, behavioral

2nd phone interview with another manager (works closely with who you're gonna work for) - really casual, basically just chat about your interests

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, it's just about what you like to do, etc.   Answer Question

Development Associate R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair.

I was interviewed on-campus by a manager of an R&D unit and was invited to interview on-site. They flew me up to Buffalo, and I had a very nice dinner with a manager I was interviewing with the next day. On the day of the interview, I gave a 45 minute presentation which turned into an hour since the audience was very active in asking questions throughout. My schedule included a mix of managers and Development Associates from the R&D units where I could possible fit in. The two associates that I had lunch with were actually from the unit from which I got my offer so maybe there is a game here to see which unit is especially interested in you. Overall, the interviews were congenial without gotcha questions. I was just myself and stayed engaged the whole time. I did not take advantage of the opportunity to stay on another day and tour Buffalo with a realtor, but I wish I had in retrospect.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a new application where Praxair could use your research.   Answer Question