Praxair Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in July 2014.

Interview

A representative from Praxair contacted me on a Monday after viewing my resume on CareerBuilder. The representative described the position to me, asked me a few general questions about my background, and then asked me if I would be interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview was the Thursday of that week. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and a member of the HR team. The phone interview was a chance for me to verbally discuss my resume and then a few behavioral questions were asked. After the phone interview was complete the hiring manager told me that I should hear from them within the next week or two. I was emailed the following Monday that I was selected for an in person panel interview. My in person panel interview was held at The Woodlands office the following Wednesday. I was then contacted on the next Tuesday to schedule one last phone interview with the Executive Director for the next day. I was called and extended an offer on Thursday.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were directly applicable to the job or my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was acceptable, I did not have to negotiate anything.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Questions

• Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   Answer Question

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview first, then face interview with a Board of 4-5 people, need to make a presentation of your experiance.Friendly atmosphere
    It took a lot of time for a background check, about 3 weeks

Negotiation

asked for more beenfits and better salary

Standard Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the area manager via phone two days after submitting my application. We discussed my background and what I was looking for from a career with Praxair. We scheduled an interview for the following week. I was offered the job the Monday after I interviewed. The process was quick for me. The interview consisted of visiting one of the plants and getting a brief overview of the process. Looking through P & IDs and more discussion on my skill set. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the pay and benefits were at what I desired.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Danbury, CT).

Interview

Took over 3 months and I had already written off them company as a potential employer when the call came. IT was least expected. Drove up, met with staff and went back twice for on site interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was straight forward. But they go through an in depth hiring process.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

Interview

On campus interview.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult question was "Tell us whne you just jumped into making a decision"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with manager - basic interview questions, behavioral

2nd phone interview with another manager (works closely with who you're gonna work for) - really casual, basically just chat about your interests

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, it's just about what you like to do, etc.   Answer Question

Development Associate R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed on-campus by a manager of an R&D unit and was invited to interview on-site. They flew me up to Buffalo, and I had a very nice dinner with a manager I was interviewing with the next day. On the day of the interview, I gave a 45 minute presentation which turned into an hour since the audience was very active in asking questions throughout. My schedule included a mix of managers and Development Associates from the R&D units where I could possible fit in. The two associates that I had lunch with were actually from the unit from which I got my offer so maybe there is a game here to see which unit is especially interested in you. Overall, the interviews were congenial without gotcha questions. I was just myself and stayed engaged the whole time. I did not take advantage of the opportunity to stay on another day and tour Buffalo with a realtor, but I wish I had in retrospect.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a new application where Praxair could use your research.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus recruit on September 2013, met with two technical staff in campus job fair. Followed up with a onsite interview one month later. The night before interview day, the associate director who I will work with have a dinner with me (Praxair has this great tradition). Causal conversation and very delicious food (do not order too cheap or too expensive food for yourself. check out the menu before you go to the restaurant). The associate director is a nice guy and he shown me the list of peoples I will meet tomorrow during my interview day and what their background, which I found out very helpful. In the meantime, show him some passion of the relative works, but do not say too much.

During onsite interview day, first I gave a one hour technical presentation from 8 AM and answer some questions from them (total 8 peoples in the meeting room). Then individual meeting with department director and two associate director (each of them for 45 min, rest 15 min)... Have lunch break with two technical fellows who will work with... Afternoon met with 3 more technical fellows and HR manager. Left the company around 5 PM.

Got the call from the associate director after one month later and confirmed the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. A behavior question from HR manager, "How can you handle the disagreement raised from your audiences when you are presenting your works on stage?"
      2. A technical question from department director, "Please work me through the knowledge that inspires your accomplishment?"

1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer is very good, no negotiation was made..

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

Meeting with senior management, IT team and HR.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate