Praxair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

Interviewed at Praxair

Interview Details – Meeting with senior management, IT team and HR.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Logistics Planner Interview

Tonawanda, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Praxair in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had a pretty normal phone screening then invited on site for a long interview with 4 different logistics managers. They show you the software they use to plan and expect you to learn a little bit about it and then ask you to show them what you learned. Two of them were the west planning team and two of them were south. All in all a very enjoyable interview, everyone seemed to actually want to interview you. I received the offer but had to decline.

Interview Question – It was mostly general questions, why are you interested in praxair, why are you interested in logistics, tell me a time when you had to implement something that wasn't very popular. Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined due to personal reasons and moving to Colorado. I would have accpeted under any other circumstances.

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Tonawanda, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – Applied online. Resume reviewed by HR in Tonawanda, NY. Telephone interview with couple of managers followed. Then was asked to come in for a face to face interview at the office. Interviewed with several engineering managers over a period of 5 hours. Final interview with HR. Got the job!

Interview Question – Behavioral questions are tricky. Be consistent in your answers. Situation given and was asked what would you do if you were to take a decision and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pretty good since I already had a job offer from another company. Take advantage of multiple job offers and ask for "sign on bonus" and relocation package.

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Praxair in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a on-campus interview opportunity. The interview place is in my university. First, I was asked to apply online. After roughly a week, I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an interview on campus. THe interview took about one hour. I was talking to hiring manager one-on-one in the career service. After two more weeks, I was turned down for further hiring process.

Interview Question – Do you have any industrial experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard....got a called for an interview then less then a week got a offer. Background and drug test took about 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and then explain the things on my resume. basic stuff   Answer Question

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Tonawanda, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – The process overall was well structured. But too drawn out in terms of schedule. Thee was a gap of more than 3 months between the initial phone screen and the on site interview, and a further 4 weeks after the on site interview until I got an offer.

Interview Question – A difficult situation that you came across at former job(s) and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Praxair

Interview Details – Application on-line, receive call from recruiter, pass phone screen. Had a lunch/office interview. Offered followed following week

Interview Question – none, basic knowledge about job applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – The first one was a phone interview with the dept manager. After 3 weeks, I received an communication from the recruiter saying that I was going to a person interview. The company was paying for the interview trip. The next one was a panel type interview with 4 people. One of the Directors, two managers and a HR representative. The presentation and questions took an hour. The people were very very nice. Knowledgeable and interesting to talk. They made all to make me feel comfortable. Overall, from the first interview to the final offer took 2 months.

Interview Question – No trick questions. Be careful what you put on the presentation. Most of the questions are coming from your presentation. Many of the questions were situational questions and behaviour based questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was in a different city that I applied for.

Plant Engineer Interview

Plant Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a 15-20 minute panel interview with Q&A followed by a plant tour.

Interview Question – What would you do to become familiar with the plant systems?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – Very standard process. Spoke with a representative at a career fair, was invited to an on campus interview, and then for an onsite interview. Very standard process. Questions not very difficult, few technical questions.

Interview Question – everything is straightforward no surprises.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Praxair