Praxair

Praxair Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in March 2013.

One interview was scheduled after applying for the position. Interview was a presentation given to a panel of ~10 persons who then asked questions following the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions regarding employee interactions with followup questions probing for more detail   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation , as is typical within this organization. The job offer was more than I had expected initially and I was satisfied that it was a fair offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application on-line, receive call from recruiter, pass phone screen. Had a lunch/office interview. Offered followed following week

none

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair.

The first one was a phone interview with the dept manager. After 3 weeks, I received an communication from the recruiter saying that I was going to a person interview. The company was paying for the interview trip. The next one was a panel type interview with 4 people. One of the Directors, two managers and a HR representative. The presentation and questions took an hour. The people were very very nice. Knowledgeable and interesting to talk. They made all to make me feel comfortable. Overall, from the first interview to the final offer took 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions. Be careful what you put on the presentation. Most of the questions are coming from your presentation. Many of the questions were situational questions and behaviour based questions.   Answer Question

The offer was in a different city that I applied for.

Plant Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

The interview process consisted of a 15-20 minute panel interview with Q&A followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to become familiar with the plant systems?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

Very standard process. Spoke with a representative at a career fair, was invited to an on campus interview, and then for an onsite interview. Very standard process. Questions not very difficult, few technical questions.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair in December 2012.

Praxair was on campus. I talked with them at the job fair and submitted my resume. I was asked to sign up for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was very different from other companies.

The first question I was asked to talk about something that was not on my resume. Since I was a PhD, we spoke a lot about my doctoral research and other research experiences (about 20-25 min). No behavioral questions at all. The last 10 minutes, we talked about football! It was a great interview. I got the impression that he was testing me on personality and fit in the organization, in addition to technical competency. It was a very genial atmosphere and a pleasant experience

I got an invitation for the on-site about a month after the on-campus. The night before, there was a dinner with two researchers. They weren't from the group I was interviewing with, which I thought was strange, but they both had worked with my hiring manager before. The interview day was long . Started at 8am. One on one interviews all morning, with others members of the group. Had a lab tour and then lunch. After lunch was my research presentation which was very well attended - by everyone from the Executive R&D Director to other R&D Directors. Lots of interruptions and questions.

Following the presentation, there were more interviews. Now with upper management. Most of the interviews were with multiple people - all Associate R&D Directors and above. This was sort of intimidating, but went well. The last interview was with the hiring manager.
    All interviews were a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

The day after the interview, they had arranged an area tour with a realtor.

I received an offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical: I was asked about some specifics on my topic of research and was asked to go to the white board and summarize a 10 minute talk that I had heard at a conference years ago!

Non-Technical: They wanted to see what kind of sense of humor I had

Answer Question
    It was the best offer I had. HR called me before sending me a formal offer and asked me what I wanted. They gave me everything I asked for.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair in November 2012.

Contacted by Engineering hiring manager who also arranged travel to Chicago site. 3 separate panel interviews with 3-4 persons each. interview panel lasted 30-40 minutes each. Initial panel included two other interviewees, you are given a technical problem to solve together and present the solution.

Interview Questions
    • Initial group technical problem to solve and present was more to judge how you worked as a group, who took lead, who contributed what to the process. Trying to stand out in this first impression moment was unexpected.   Answer Question

Mechanical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Praxair in October 2012.

It was an on campus interview, I was asked a couple of technical questions regarding my research and general behavioral questions. They focused on Internship experience and the challenges faced in Intern/Research

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your adviser/boss and what did you do to resolve it ?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair in October 2012.

It was a long tough day. Eight people are scheduled to meet. Many behavioral questions were asked, for example, describe a case when there are different opinions in your group and how did you handle them, and what was the overcome. A seminar was given to mixed audience with tech and non-tech background people.

Interview Questions
    • Give you half a million dollar, how will you keep doing your existing work to make further progress.   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxair in October 2012.

Phone interview 30-40min. Received invitation to site interview within one week. Dinner with hiring manager the night before site interview which lasted for one whole day. Gave a 45 min presentation. Talked to 7-8 people for 45 min each person. Got final result in one week.