Praxair Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

Meeting with senior management, IT team and HR.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Praxair (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus Interview

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Burr Ridge, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Very nice and professional format, technical seminar showing past work. Technical questions will come at the seminar. Behavioral questions STAR style in the one-on-one sessions. Took about a month after the interview to get offer.

Other opportunities in my area where equally challenging but there were financial discrepancies in the offers so I took the other one.

Program Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager called me to schedule an interview for a position that I didn't apply for initially. She came across my resume and thought I might be a better fit for the Program Development Manager role. The interview process was professional. Travel and accommodation were arranged well. Interview started with overview with hiring manager, followed by a series of 45-min sessions. Lunch in company-owned cafeteria. However, after a few days I received a rejection email from Praxair for the original position that I applied for. I was confused and wondering if I was turned down for the one I interviewed for, or the original one so that I could be considered for the latter. I emailed the HR representative that I met during my interview process. However, he was completely not responsive to my voice mail and email. This is totally different than what he said to me when we met face to face, that he was available any time if I had any question regarding the company or the position. I eventually realized that I wasn't being considered for either position and the HR representative simply didn't want to waste any time on me. This unpleasant and rather disappointing incident changed my prospective of Praxair and decided not to pursue any career opportunity with them. The hiring manager was nice enough to provide feedback upon my request afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What was my past experience working with end customer?   Answer Question

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a pretty normal phone screening then invited on site for a long interview with 4 different logistics managers. They show you the software they use to plan and expect you to learn a little bit about it and then ask you to show them what you learned. Two of them were the west planning team and two of them were south. All in all a very enjoyable interview, everyone seemed to actually want to interview you. I received the offer but had to decline.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly general questions, why are you interested in praxair, why are you interested in logistics, tell me a time when you had to implement something that wasn't very popular. Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

I declined due to personal reasons and moving to Colorado. I would have accpeted under any other circumstances.

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Resume reviewed by HR in Tonawanda, NY. Telephone interview with couple of managers followed. Then was asked to come in for a face to face interview at the office. Interviewed with several engineering managers over a period of 5 hours. Final interview with HR. Got the job!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions are tricky. Be consistent in your answers. Situation given and was asked what would you do if you were to take a decision and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pretty good since I already had a job offer from another company. Take advantage of multiple job offers and ask for "sign on bonus" and relocation package.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Praxair.

Interview

It was pretty standard....got a called for an interview then less then a week got a offer. Background and drug test took about 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and then explain the things on my resume. basic stuff   Answer Question

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY).

Interview

The process overall was well structured. But too drawn out in terms of schedule. Thee was a gap of more than 3 months between the initial phone screen and the on site interview, and a further 4 weeks after the on site interview until I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• A difficult situation that you came across at former job(s) and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Praxair in March 2013.

Interview

One interview was scheduled after applying for the position. Interview was a presentation given to a panel of ~10 persons who then asked questions following the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions regarding employee interactions with followup questions probing for more detail   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation , as is typical within this organization. The job offer was more than I had expected initially and I was satisfied that it was a fair offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Application on-line, receive call from recruiter, pass phone screen. Had a lunch/office interview. Offered followed following week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none