Praxair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Sales/Service Representative Interview

Technical Sales/Service Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – I applied online and started off with a phone interview. It involved general behavioral questions by the hiring manager followed by an online skill test the same. This was followed by an in-person panel interview with 6 people at the corporate HQ in Burr Ridge, IL. It consisted of a 15 min corporate presentation followed by 3 one hour interviews with the panelists. It went well and the hiring managers were all impressed with my skill set and the overall performance on the interview day. Unfortunately, they did not extent the offer because other candidate with relevant experience was selected.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Praxair in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail to schedule the phone interview. I thought the interview would be a real interview with the hiring manager. However, it was not. Some person on the phone just asked me behavoral questions and typed up my answers. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Can't recall, but one question was "Tell me about a time you had to do something outside your responsibilities. What did you do?"   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Tonawanda, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in April 2011.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was ran smoothly with a phone interview and a corresponding onsite interview.
In the onsite interview, I was asked to meet four different people for 30 minutes each. The first one was HR associate, asked me something about personality and behavior. The three corresponding people are from engineering department. They asked me some questions like what kind of projects have u done? How do you think you can improve the efficiency of the plant?

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can improve the efficiency of the plant?   Answer Question
  • How you improve the operating efficiency of the distillation process? What are the critical parameters?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in February 2011.

Interview Details – Company tests your knowledge of engineering fundamentals. Behavioral skills matter for engineers

Interview Question – What does the company do?   Answer Question

Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in November 2011.

Interview Details – on campus interview

Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Praxair in October 2011.

Interview Details – First, I was selected for 1:1 interview and the interview questions were mostly based on my research work. Within 4 days I received invitation for site Visit & interview at the Praxair Technology Center in Tonawanda NY. I was given 2 weeks time for preparation. The day before onsite interview, Praxair personalities took me to a restaurant for dinner and discussed about Praxair's area of work. Interview day began with a short benefit introduction discussed by the HR persons. Then 6 persons interviewed me individually. each 45 minutes. Besides, I had to present my research work in-front of the interview panel. Overall the interview experience was very nice.

Interview Question – How will u differentiate Engineering from Science?   Answer Question

Tonawanda, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Praxair in December 2011.

Interview Details – Campus interview, then on-site interview, which is pretty tough since have to make a 45 minutes talk and meet many individuals

Interview Question – How to deal picky customs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to say, normal

Buffalo, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in November 2011.

Interview Details – Campus interview. General behavioral questions. Interview lasted for an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when did not get along well with co-workers in your previous job.   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Praxair in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very friendly

Interview Question – Do you have any leadership experience?   Answer Question

Engineer LTOP Interview

Engineer LTOP
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Praxair in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by email to set up a time for the phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly. She asked generic interview questions and gave me the chance to ask my own questions. The second interview is a 5 hour on site interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Praxair