Praxair

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Praxair

Interview Details – Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Question – Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Praxair.

Interview Details – The first one was a phone interview with the dept manager. After 3 weeks, I received an communication from the recruiter saying that I was going to a person interview. The company was paying for the interview trip. The next one was a panel type interview with 4 people. One of the Directors, two managers and a HR representative. The presentation and questions took an hour. The people were very very nice. Knowledgeable and interesting to talk. They made all to make me feel comfortable. Overall, from the first interview to the final offer took 2 months.

Interview Question – No trick questions. Be careful what you put on the presentation. Most of the questions are coming from your presentation. Many of the questions were situational questions and behaviour based questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was in a different city that I applied for.

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!