Praxis Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.9

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

Very thorough. Not only met with management (hiring manager and VP) but also the team I would be working with. Got a clear sense that it was important that in addition to being capable I would fit well with the team.

Interview Questions

• If you did not have access to the internet, how would you source your candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a fair offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

I was initially recruited by a co-worker who worked at Praxis. I submitted my resume to HR and was contacted by email for a phone interview within 2 days. I had a fac-2-face interview 2 days later that included 2 technical interviews, a benefits overview, and 2 management interviews. Had an offer the next day. Every person involved was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Please step up to the white board and write a routine in C to solve this problem...   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

You get a call from recruiting and then if they have something they interview you in person. Don't mess around with these guys if you don't know your stuff they will demolish you. Every question they ask they use your answer to then further ask you another question. One of the hardest interviews I ever had. However I knew leaving there that I nailed it.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you anything about everything. Make sure however you answer the question every topic brought up in your answer you know completely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered I countered and approved.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

When I interviewed I met with the majority of the Contracts Team at the time. Each interviewer was extremely friendly and able to ask very specific questions as to my personal work experience, to explain the details of the Job Description and the tasks I would be performing, as well as the opportunity for myself to grow professionally with their Contracts Team and Praxis as a company.

When I originally applied, it was for a position that was contingent upon award of a new Program. The award was delayed, so I paused on the interviewing process for a few weeks. Ultimately, I checked back and due to perfect timing of the new award, the position re-opened and I resumed the process. Overall, it took a casual 2.5 or so months.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

First interviewed as an intern through a referral. Pretty basic and straightforward interview process. Had a few phone conversations with the recruiter followed by an on-site interview with multiple employees/managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on goals, interests, and skills. Nothing unexpected given it was for a summer internship.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Praxis Engineering (Annapolis Junction, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people including the president of the company. They were so open and honest. They described the skills and tasks very well. I was made to feel comfortable immediately. I was also told about the benefits and the company philosophies. They spoke to me as if I was already a part of their team. Overall a very impressive experience.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Praxis Engineering (Hanover, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewing with Praxis is a 3-4 hour event, where you will meet with various Program managers and Technical experts.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but expect a few technical questions on items on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward. They made an offer, I made a counter offer. They sent a final offer and I signed it.

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Praxis Engineering (Annapolis Junction, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

It was a while ago, but they had me come in and meet with the Vice President, Jeremy, and recruiting. They also brought in their senior Configuration Mangers to conduct a technical interview of my software configuration management knowledge and skill set. They gave me a case study and asked for my opinion on solutions, etc.

Interview Questions

• They had a complicated branching and versioning question, which required thought to keep versions reproducable but managing the trunk merges appropriately   Answer Question

SharePoint Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Praxis Engineering.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very informal and comfortable.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Praxis Engineering in February 2010.

Interview

As it was not feasible for me to attend multiple face to face interviews at the time, I had several phone interviews, the second of which was the more technical where I actually had to speak with an engineer who had a position on the team I would be working with. Since I was applying for an internship position, most of the information I was asked about was based more on amateur and school knowledge than anything else.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding my knowledge of Java. While I don't remember specifically what the question was, I do recall it was regarding OO programming in Java.   Answer Question