Precision Castparts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.9

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple of days was emailed for a date and time to set up a phone interview. Had my phone interview within a week of applying.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Precision Castparts in February 2015.

Interview

The process was very effective and efficient. HR called and gave a phone interview first. Then, I was called in to interview with a manager. Two weeks later, I was called in to do two more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that you worked on where the outcome was not what you expected   Answer Question

Information Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Precision Castparts (Roanoke, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very difficult interview. Expected me to code in interview without warning. I am not even a CS or Engineering major. Probably my worst interview experience. Make sure you have coded before going into interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you reported something wrong that was happening.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Interview

I met the recruiters at a university career fair and was schedule for an interview at the fair. Interview was with two recruiters and an HR representative. Following the interview, I was scheduled for an on-site interview, for which they flew me to a plant in West Virginia. Interviewed by two separate panels over the course of 4 hours, and received a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a time where you failed to meet a project goal/deadline.   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Really great team to meet with. Great interview Process and meet alot of great employees. You will meet with employees from all spectrums of the company. The employees are all very nice and you will enojoy talking to them!

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Precision Castparts (Bothell, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and gave him my resume. About a month later I got a call to set up an interview. I received an offer on the spot after my interview.I was interviewed by three members of the purchasing team, it was friendly and conversational. They mainly focused on my resume and past experiences. I asked a lot of questions - which they seemed to appreciate. To prepare I thoroughly researched the company and came up with a list of questions related to my specific job functions. Drug test and background check required.

Vice President of Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Very fair and professional interview process. I was initially contacted by one of their HR Recruiters via LinkedIn. The arrangements and scheduling of interviews was very professional. The recruiter was very responsive and communicated with clarity on any next steps. Once I was determined as their #1 candidate the job offer and compensation process was more than fair.

Interview Questions

• How will someone like yourself with no manufacturing background adapt to PCC's strong emphasis on manufacturing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very fair

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Met through a career fair. The people at the booth were very friendly and invited me to a information session later in the day. After arriving at the info session the recruiters immediately signed me up for an interview. The interview was only behavioral and i believed that i was a strong candidate.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed at an on-campus career fair. After about a week I was called to attend an on-site interview and plant tour. The tour was very informative and the interviews were not overly difficult. Review information about the company before going into the interview to be prepared. The questions were mostly STAR related and situational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters at university career fair, had a follow up interview the next day on campus. Was invited (~2 weeks after the career fair) to a nearby manufacturing facility for a final interview (~2 weeks after the invitation). I had a number of hour-long interviews with large panel-type groups.

Interview Questions

• Was asked for a very specific instance of an ethical situation that I had faced, the reasons why I felt it was unethical, and my actions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the salary was much higher than anticipated, based on data for my major from my university.