Precision Castparts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Engineer Interview

Part Engineer
Milwaukie, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Precision Castparts in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 3 people (2 of who have either quit or been fired). Afterwards, there was a group/panel interview with the other part engineers. Then I toured the plant. Took about 3 or 4 hours.

Negotiation Details – They matched my salary that I was getting as a production supervisor. I wanted to get more vacation, which they declined. I needed the job, so I accepted.

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview Details – Coming from a University that PCC does not recruit from I had to attend a career fair at a neighboring university to get face-time. Step one was an online prerecorded video interview. A few weeks later this was followed by a very informal hour and a half interview on site with an HR representative. A week later I was asked to complete an online personality profile. Next, weeks later, came five half-hour one-on-one onsite interviews with former MDP participants with current jobs from HR to Management. The final step was a quick phone interview with the program manager, this seemed less like an interview, and more a check to make sure I understood the scope and purpose of the program.

The process was long, but the interviews are not difficult if you have leadership experience, and can provide specific examples of ways you will provide value to the company.

Interview Question – Do you have a plan for dealing with the unexpected challenges that come with moving to an unknown location?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of the salary, which was fine, as it is market-competitive.

Manufacturing Co-op Interview

Manufacturing Co-op

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Precision Castparts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through college and was approached by HR manager subsequently to fix a telephonic interview with the area manager. The interview was basic and was asked about my previous work experience. Only major thing was being asked to work in a heavy industry and ability to handle various on floor situations.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected it was all basic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Co-op Interview

Accounting Co-op
Mentor, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Precision Castparts in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was emailed about an accounting co-op position. I was interested and scheduled an interview. I interviewed with four different people in the accounting department. Not many behavioral based questions, mostly just learning more about my past experience and my personality.

Interview Question – What kind of supervisor do you enjoy working for most?   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Precision Castparts in February 2014.

Interview Details – I walking through my career fair looking at different industries and a PCC recruiter came up to me with a very infectious positive attitude and asked me about my degree. I hadn't heard about PCC and I was upfront about this. The recruiter then told me that they are the most famous Fortune 500 company that no one has heard of, then she started giving me the talk about working for them and how many opportunities there are with the Management Development Program. At the time, this was a very attractive talk and I was interested in knowing more. Once she saw this interest, she asked if I wanted an interview. I hadn't gotten any yet, so I said sure!

I got a spot for the next day at local hotel where they used a conference room. The interviewer came to get me 10 minutes before my designated time. I was interviewed by a manager at a local plant and an engineer who had been working in the program for awhile. Most of the interview was going over my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The manager spent a lot of time wondering why I was interested in the position given my background that didn't include manufacturing. This ate up a lot of my interview time and I only had time for one question before he cut me off and said thank you.

The manager was very upfront that it was a high stress environment and wanted to know if I strive in that sort of thing. He mentioned that in most of his interviews, he convinced people that this was not the job for them. He certainly did that with me.

Interview Question – At the very end, the engineer told me: "Convince me that you can handle interaction with the rough necks in the factory and manufacturing setting.   Answer Question

Drafter Interview

Drafter
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Precision Castparts in February 2013.

Interview Details – Hired through "hire principle". It's a very quick process. It took me about 3 weeks to get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Huntington, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2013.

Interview Details – I talked with Precision at an on campus career fair. They talked to me then, almost like an interview process and honestly tried to scare me off. After that failed, they invited me to a second interview the next day. This was with the same engineer I had talked to before, the HR manager, and a current employee in MDP. I then got invited to travel to one of their plants for an on-site interview. This day consisted of a plant tour, lunch, and two one hour interview slots with three people each minimum. They asked several behavioral questions and then moved on to the more technical. They questioned my GPA, saying it was lower than their normal, but that I had made it as far as I did for a reason.

Interview Question – Safety, quality, cost, delivery. Rank these 4 from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After interview at the plant, I had some second thoughts. It was really intense and one of the questions I usually ask is what they like least about their job. Two of the three in the one interview session said that it was that they had to leave. I feel like this is too focused on work and not so much on anything else. I feel like I would burn out quickly.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Auburn, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Precision Castparts in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening by HR, on-site interview with manager and asst. controller, corporate office interview with controller. Very nice people at each interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle upset employees that don't understand their paychecks?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was acceptable. I was pleased.

MDP Interview

MDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview Details – Hired from a on campus career fair. Initial interview followed by an interview at the nearest plant to your location.

Interview Question – Be prepared with a real-life experience to tell and how you overcame a difficult situation in a manufacturing or team based environment in a leadersdhip position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. As a newly graduated college student, I didn't negotiate the salaray because the compensation was excellent.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview Details – Company took part in an on campus career fair. I went up to their booth and talked about the company and talked about my goals as a student (I was a freshman with no experience). The recruiter asked about my SAT scores and my high school class ranking. I got a call the same day to schedule an interview for the next day. Most of the questions I was asked revolved around why I interested in their company and what I wanted to do with my studies.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Precision Castparts

Worked for Precision Castparts? Contribute to the Community!