Precision Castparts

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.9

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Applied online and within a couple of days was emailed for a date and time to set up a phone interview. Had my phone interview within a week of applying.

Management Development Program Interview

I met the recruiters at a university career fair and was schedule for an interview at the fair. Interview was with two recruiters and an HR representative. Following the interview, I was scheduled for an on-site interview, for which they flew me to a plant in West Virginia. Interviewed by two separate panels over the course of 4 hours, and received a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an example of a time where you failed to meet a project goal/deadline.   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Precision Castparts.

Really great team to meet with. Great interview Process and meet alot of great employees. You will meet with employees from all spectrums of the company. The employees are all very nice and you will enojoy talking to them!

Vice President of Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts.

Very fair and professional interview process. I was initially contacted by one of their HR Recruiters via LinkedIn. The arrangements and scheduling of interviews was very professional. The recruiter was very responsive and communicated with clarity on any next steps. Once I was determined as their #1 candidate the job offer and compensation process was more than fair.

Interview Questions
    • How will someone like yourself with no manufacturing background adapt to PCC's strong emphasis on manufacturing?   Answer Question
    very fair

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Met through a career fair. The people at the booth were very friendly and invited me to a information session later in the day. After arriving at the info session the recruiters immediately signed me up for an interview. The interview was only behavioral and i believed that i was a strong candidate.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2014.

I was first interviewed at an on-campus career fair. After about a week I was called to attend an on-site interview and plant tour. The tour was very informative and the interviews were not overly difficult. Review information about the company before going into the interview to be prepared. The questions were mostly STAR related and situational.

I did not negotiate.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2014.

Met with recruiters at university career fair, had a follow up interview the next day on campus. Was invited (~2 weeks after the career fair) to a nearby manufacturing facility for a final interview (~2 weeks after the invitation). I had a number of hour-long interviews with large panel-type groups.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked for a very specific instance of an ethical situation that I had faced, the reasons why I felt it was unethical, and my actions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, the salary was much higher than anticipated, based on data for my major from my university.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Precision Castparts.

First interview was a short on campus interview. I was then sent to one of the manufacturing faciities for a second interview. The interview was 4 hours long and very structured. It included a lot of walking and unexpected bursts of interview questions in the middle of the plant tour. After the interview was over I received an email with a link to take a personality test. Roughly 3 weeks later I received my job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very typical interview questions, but they did ask if I made any observations about their current facilities I was willing to share.   Answer Question
    They sent a job offer that was exceptional compared to others I have received so there was no negotiation necessary.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Precision Castparts.

Coming from a University that PCC does not recruit from I had to attend a career fair at a neighboring university to get face-time. Step one was an online prerecorded video interview. A few weeks later this was followed by a very informal hour and a half interview on site with an HR representative. A week later I was asked to complete an online personality profile. Next, weeks later, came five half-hour one-on-one onsite interviews with former MDP participants with current jobs from HR to Management. The final step was a quick phone interview with the program manager, this seemed less like an interview, and more a check to make sure I understood the scope and purpose of the program.

The process was long, but the interviews are not difficult if you have leadership experience, and can provide specific examples of ways you will provide value to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a plan for dealing with the unexpected challenges that come with moving to an unknown location?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation of the salary, which was fine, as it is market-competitive.

Accounting Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Precision Castparts in March 2014.

I was emailed about an accounting co-op position. I was interested and scheduled an interview. I interviewed with four different people in the accounting department. Not many behavioral based questions, mostly just learning more about my past experience and my personality.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of supervisor do you enjoy working for most?   Answer Question