Precision Drilling

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Floorhand

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Precision Drilling.

Interview Details – Put in an app online, got a call back in 3 days. They then scheduled me to come to their office 2 days later. Went, talked to a guy, mostly about football but just good conversation. Sent me to take drug test and physical that same day and was on a rig about 5 days after that. I have a year rig experience at the time.

Interview Question – Why did I have to be a LSU fan?   View Answer

MWD Engineer Interview

MWD Engineer

Interviewed at Precision Drilling

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed. It lasted a couple of hours, and was very straightforward. There wasn't much beating around the bush; just asked about career aspirations, what we know about measurement while drilling, how we work in a team, etc. One of the interviewers was a bit abrasive, although that may have been because I was one of the last to be interviewed that day. The other two were pleasant.

Reason for Declining – The position didn't have enough to do with the branch I want to get into.

Very Easy Interview

Williamsport, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Precision Drilling in February 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, received call to schedule an interview. You then go into the office for a 1 on 1 Interview with district manager and or his assistant to speed up the process since there are usually five interviews per hour. If hired, a drug test and physical are conducted across, and orientation follow immediately after.

Interview Question – when can you start?   Answer Question

Williamsport, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Precision Drilling in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call to set up an interview on a Friday and interview was on a Tuesday. Interviewed by HR (woman had no personality) and HSE (very encouraging). I went through the beginning stages of being hired the same day as the interview.

Negotiation Details – I would not take the offer. This company has little concern for its employees. The company told me everything looked good after the physical was completed and sent me home with work clothes. I was to start in 2 weeks. Called in the next day as requested by HR and was told I did not get the job and had to return the work clothes. The HR woman was condesending and did not apologize -no I'm sorry you no longer will be able to work with the company or anything. I would expect a reputable company to be considerate of people but I would say that Precision does not possess the characteristics of company anyone would want to work for. They are out for #1=them.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Precision Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Precision Drilling interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Precision Drilling employees and interview candidates.