Precision System Design Junior Recruiter Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Basking Ridge, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Precision System Design in May 2012.

I had a phone interview first with a woman who quotes me $45k to start as a junior recruiter. Asked why I wanted to move on from my current company (my learning experience plateaued with for the past year, want a new challenge). She referred me to the director of HR who offered me am interview.

It was at a satellite office that shared space with a tax attorney and a personal trainer. It was not a nice office, they put no effort to making it look respectable. I was overdressed compared to her (and I was not in a suit, but a dress and a sweater). Job was actually for 35K (less then currently making). No negotiation cause she'd been burned before. She said corp had 30 employees, but when pressed admitted there was only 10 who permanently stayed there. Two jr recruiters just quit at the same time, wouldn't say why. She liked the sound of her own voice, asked me a lot about my daily return. She seemed disturbed that I got work calls on my cell phone (not during the interview, just in my description about my daily routine).

There is no human resources, the people in the field are on their own. The title of the Job was misleading too. It actually takes between 10-18 months to be a junior recruiter and start making commission. When I asked her how she handled discrimination/harrasment/general hr questions, she got very flustered and said they never had that issue before (translation: they have no procedure in place). Biggest client is Peogressive Insurance. They only do phone interviews with the field to place consultants, found it odd that I suggested Skype as an interview method (like they wouldnt have a webcam - this is a technology recruiting firm).

I made it clear that I couldn't take such a decrease and that this place wasn't a good fit for me. She still insisted on telling me she'd call next week with a decision. Received an email (with misspellings) saying that they declined. Overall negative experience, I wouldn't have worked there if they offered me 50K+. Seemed shady and disorganized and not nearly large enough to feel comfortable there (think like the office, but smaller, seemed like everyone was up in each others business at corporate).

Interview Questions

Worked for Precision System Design? Contribute to the Community!