Precor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Precor.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen prior to onsite panel interview. The recruiter was pleasant and provided all details on the position. Only had one on site panel interview and was told I would have 2-3 more that did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions (how do you handle difficult customers, etc...)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Full-Stack Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Precor in January 2015.

Interview

Was approached by their head HR person who saw my credentials and talked to me over the phone. Had a conversation about my background at Amazon and his; he stated he worked there PRIOR to me (95-98) but gave the wrong location for their original office (which struck me as odd). He said I seemed like a PERFECT fit for this position and that I met all their requirements to which I said 'I know this is why I applied'.

Eventually they got back to me and said the job was being outsource. Then that week and the next three, I had recruiters from three different companies try to hire me for that role. I got back in touch and let him know what was going on and asked if this was being outsourced or if this was still open.

He then told me that he lied to me about it being outsourced and that regardless of being the creator of the Grails API toolkit, a speaker at SpringOne, an early adopter of Grails and spring-boot and the FOUNDER of the Seattle Grails User Group (prior to moving to Bay Area) , the manager felt I didn't have enough experience with these technologies.

At that point I told him lying is NOT the way to establish relationships in the development community and I wished him the best of luck in recruiting for that position.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions. Just initial getting to know me, going over my qualifications and my background.   Answer Question

SAP Master Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Precor.

Interview

I filled out the application online and was contacted by the HR recruiter by email to set up a time to talk. The initial phone interview was with the HR recruiter followed by a phone interview by hiring manager.

Director Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Precor (Woodinville, WA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and was asked to come in after that. I completed an online assessment prior to the interview that took a few hours and consisted of math and vocabulary problems, personality questions followed by a long list of word problems.

I got invited in for an interview, which lasted all day and was given a boxed lunch at noon. A mix of panel style interviews and individual interviews that included several levels of their staff, including peers and subordinates for this role. The interviewers read directly from a script of behavioral questions that they prepared in advance, which was a bit different than I have experienced in the past. They also asked for several examples of past work in exhausting detail and it quickly became apparent (IMHO) that to fit in at Precor, you really need to be super hands on.

Overall the people were nice but a bit quirky and I felt that one interviewer was a bit condescending at times and tried really hard to trip me up and bait me. Worth noting that the facility is smaller than I expected and a bit fragmented being in four or five different warehouse looking buildings. There isn't a cafe onsite and the gym is a bit small in the main building with mostly cardio equipment.

Interview Questions

• Do you delegate or are you more of a doer?   1 Answer

Interview

I did not hear back until three months after submitting my resume. When I did, the recruiters were very professional and everyone involved in the interview process was great to work with. They gave helpful feedback when I did not get the job and have stayed in touch afterwards. They were prompt to reimburse my expenses.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about fatigue strength and stress testing   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Precor (Woodinville, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen and interview with the HR manager and my current development lead. The development lead was not a technical person so the interview questions focused on interpersonal relationships, prior experience and, my then, current position.

Interview Questions

• Given a pointer to a vector of characters, assign that pointer to cell 4 bytes away.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I usually don't negotiate but I asked for a better commute option.

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Precor (Woodinville, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially received a phone call from HR in regards to my resume that I submitted online. We setup a time for a quick phone call to talk about the position, my experience and skills. At the end of the phone call HR wanted to schedule me for an in person interview. We exchanged several emails and decided on a day & time.

The in person interview was your average interview. Met HR in the lobby, talked to them for a bit and then led me into a conference room. HR left and the two other interviewers joined me in the room. We talked about my experience, skills, what I would do to help the company, etc. Standard interview questions. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and then I was on my way.

PROS:
    HR gave me a bag with Precor swag
    HR and the two interviewers were really nice
    HR actually called (most just send canned emails) to tell me that I didn't get the position. Very nice of them.

CONS:
    Precor is in an industrial area of Woodinville with almost no sidewalks.
    Using public transportation to get there would be a hassle.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Precor in April 2013.

Interview

I applied from out of state for a position with Precor in 2010 and never had a response . I reapplied in 2013 after relocating to the Pacific NW and was contacted. Interview consisted of 2 phone interviews, the first a screening through HR. The HR representative was very informative and a wealth of information concerning the company culture and the benefits of being a Precor employee were covered. Second interview was also very pleasant and informative with the manager of the department. The interview onsite was a bit overwhelming for me in that I met with 14 people over a course of 4 hours. It was well organized and I enjoyed everyone I met and got a very positive feeling about the company, and the job. I unfortunately did not sell myself. Overall, they appeared to be a great company and I hope to speak with them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not unexpected or overly tough. I handled many like a deer in the headlights, but the toughest for me was most likely describing my greatest failure?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Precor (Woodinville, WA).

Interview

The interview process was well organized and streamlined. After a presentation, I spoke with different team members regarding different parts of their own core functions. Everyone was impeccable in their approach and pointed out different difficulties and obstacles that could have occurred.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question dealt with how to overcome technical difficulties in a context of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was very swift.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Precor (Woodinville, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Precor's interview loop is very long and intense with several phone interviews (3-4) followed by at least one whole day in person, meeting several people in their office.

I had 2 phone interviews with this emplyer, the first one was more of a screening.
    The second interview was rather long (about 1 hour) and most of it was just a conversation about project management techniques and tools. My project management certification is a few years old and I felt I had to read up on the tools, which turned out to have been a really good move. It was despite the high level not very formal but nice, we discussed business challenges.

I wasn't qualified for the job, but had written an excellent personal letter which made them give me a shot anyway. A nice experience, but I wish that I would have received feedback when I asked why I didn't make it.

Interview Questions

• What PM tools did you use?   1 Answer