Precor

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP Master Data Analyst Interview

SAP Master Data Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Precor.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and was contacted by the HR recruiter by email to set up a time to talk. The initial phone interview was with the HR recruiter followed by a phone interview by hiring manager.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Director Level Position Interview

Director Level Position
Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Precor.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and was asked to come in after that. I completed an online assessment prior to the interview that took a few hours and consisted of math and vocabulary problems, personality questions followed by a long list of word problems.

I got invited in for an interview, which lasted all day and was given a boxed lunch at noon. A mix of panel style interviews and individual interviews that included several levels of their staff, including peers and subordinates for this role. The interviewers read directly from a script of behavioral questions that they prepared in advance, which was a bit different than I have experienced in the past. They also asked for several examples of past work in exhausting detail and it quickly became apparent (IMHO) that to fit in at Precor, you really need to be super hands on.

Overall the people were nice but a bit quirky and I felt that one interviewer was a bit condescending at times and tried really hard to trip me up and bait me. Worth noting that the facility is smaller than I expected and a bit fragmented being in four or five different warehouse looking buildings. There isn't a cafe onsite and the gym is a bit small in the main building with mostly cardio equipment.

Interview Question – Do you delegate or are you more of a doer?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Woodinville, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Precor in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen and interview with the HR manager and my current development lead. The development lead was not a technical person so the interview questions focused on interpersonal relationships, prior experience and, my then, current position.

Interview Question – Given a pointer to a vector of characters, assign that pointer to cell 4 bytes away.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I usually don't negotiate but I asked for a better commute option.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

Interviewed at Precor

Interview Details – I did not hear back until three months after submitting my resume. When I did, the recruiters were very professional and everyone involved in the interview process was great to work with. They gave helpful feedback when I did not get the job and have stayed in touch afterwards. They were prompt to reimburse my expenses.

Interview Question – Technical questions about fatigue strength and stress testing   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Marketing Position
Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Precor in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially received a phone call from HR in regards to my resume that I submitted online. We setup a time for a quick phone call to talk about the position, my experience and skills. At the end of the phone call HR wanted to schedule me for an in person interview. We exchanged several emails and decided on a day & time.

The in person interview was your average interview. Met HR in the lobby, talked to them for a bit and then led me into a conference room. HR left and the two other interviewers joined me in the room. We talked about my experience, skills, what I would do to help the company, etc. Standard interview questions. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and then I was on my way.

PROS:
HR gave me a bag with Precor swag
HR and the two interviewers were really nice
HR actually called (most just send canned emails) to tell me that I didn't get the position. Very nice of them.

CONS:
Precor is in an industrial area of Woodinville with almost no sidewalks.
Using public transportation to get there would be a hassle.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Precor in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied from out of state for a position with Precor in 2010 and never had a response . I reapplied in 2013 after relocating to the Pacific NW and was contacted. Interview consisted of 2 phone interviews, the first a screening through HR. The HR representative was very informative and a wealth of information concerning the company culture and the benefits of being a Precor employee were covered. Second interview was also very pleasant and informative with the manager of the department. The interview onsite was a bit overwhelming for me in that I met with 14 people over a course of 4 hours. It was well organized and I enjoyed everyone I met and got a very positive feeling about the company, and the job. I unfortunately did not sell myself. Overall, they appeared to be a great company and I hope to speak with them again in the future.

Interview Question – Questions were not unexpected or overly tough. I handled many like a deer in the headlights, but the toughest for me was most likely describing my greatest failure?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Research and Development
Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Precor.

Interview Details – The interview process was well organized and streamlined. After a presentation, I spoke with different team members regarding different parts of their own core functions. Everyone was impeccable in their approach and pointed out different difficulties and obstacles that could have occurred.

Interview Question – The unexpected question dealt with how to overcome technical difficulties in a context of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very swift.

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Woodinville, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Precor in November 2008.

Interview Details – When I started working there, it was temp to hire possible. After 7 mos. I was asked if I'd like the position open. I found all the professional people plesant, caring and open to suggestions. I enjoyed working all the different work stations and for the most part, everyone I worked with.

Interview Question – I was never asked any difficult questions. My work spoke volumes, or I'd of never been hired. Again, I started temp to hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My Lead was very good about letting me know the raise in pay upon accepting the offered position, as well as directing me to HR for any and all information I required.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Senior Technical Program Manager
Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Precor in January 2010.

Interview Details – Precor's interview loop is very long and intense with several phone interviews (3-4) followed by at least one whole day in person, meeting several people in their office.

I had 2 phone interviews with this emplyer, the first one was more of a screening.
The second interview was rather long (about 1 hour) and most of it was just a conversation about project management techniques and tools. My project management certification is a few years old and I felt I had to read up on the tools, which turned out to have been a really good move. It was despite the high level not very formal but nice, we discussed business challenges.

I wasn't qualified for the job, but had written an excellent personal letter which made them give me a shot anyway. A nice experience, but I wish that I would have received feedback when I asked why I didn't make it.

Interview Question – What PM tools did you use?   View Answer

Customer Service Technical Representative Interview

Customer Service Technical Representative
Woodinville, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Precor in July 2009.

Interview Details – After applying online (Monster.com) for the position, I was contacted by Peter Hartzell from Precor HR. We set a time and date for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 45 mins, during which we discussed the company, the role for the particular position I had applied for, my related skills, etc. It was a very low pressure, friendly interview and I appreciated the courtesy shown by Mr. Hartzell. In the end, the position didn't really seem a good fit for me and I didn't have all the qualifications that Precor was looking for in a job candidate. Would highly recommend them to anyone with the necessary credentials!

Interview Question – How would you solve a signal distribution problem customer call?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Precor? Contribute to the Community!