Preferred Hotel Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Something-rather Interview

Marketing Something-rather
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Preferred Hotel Group.

Interview Details – I applied, did the necessary personality test, and after a week got an email from the HR rep asking to set up a phone screening. The only dates they had available were over a week away. I obliged, and waited.

Phone screening comes and goes. A week afterwards, I get an email from HR asking for an in person interview... ten days from now. The interview went well; it was very informal, relaxed, they didn't ask any curveball questions that threw me off. They said it would be a week from Friday before they knew anything at the earliest. This was on a Tuesday.

Two weeks later, on Tuesday, they email back to set up a second interview--a week from Thursday.

Then, three days before the interview, I get a phone call. MInd you, this is the first phone call I've ever gotten from them. An HR woman I've never met (different from my other HR contact) tells me that my second interview has been cancelled and the company is "going in a different direction" and promptly hangs up the phone, never to be heard from again.

Interview Question – Nothing too ostentatious.   Answer Question

Manager Customer Relations VIP Desk Interview

Manager Customer Relations VIP Desk
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Preferred Hotel Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on-line for a manager position at PHG's Chicago location. Few weeks later received a personality assessment test via e-mail. Afterwards, received an invitation for a phone interview with an HR Manager. Spoke with a polite person (not the hiring manager) who asked a series of fairly simple questions and would pass on my information to the hiring manager. Never heard back regardless of the several attempts made contacting the HR Manager.

Interview Question – How did you hear about PHG?   Answer Question

Worked for Preferred Hotel Group? Contribute to the Community!