Preferred Systems Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.2

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott AFB, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions (Scott AFB, IL).

Interview

I got the first call and it was the normal rate and experience, send the resume. The call felt rushed but not the hiring process. I was entertaining other offers and interviews at the time and found that everything was taking long than I thought it would. After about a month I got a call and was told that the main supervisor would be in town for a few days and that I would have an interview with him and the on site supervisor. This was not made clear if it was to be on the phone or in person. The day before I was told that it would be in person. I didn't exactly have the gas to get home from the location that I was interviewing at. But I took the risk and went to interview. The questions where the standard fair for any developer position. In the end it was talking about personality and getting some clear facts about purpose and direction. At the time I got weird feelings, at least mixed, from the on-site supervisor but he willing filled my car for me so I could get home. Just be you and go in ready to learn fast and stay fast.

Interview Questions

• How would you join these tables?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go in with your number and be aware of it's market value in the field and area.

IT SPECIALIST- Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

It was conducted as a meet and greet luncheon and no opportunity to get a personal interview. No opportunity to showcase my skill set and /or experience. No one on one interview was provided. No chance to sell my contribution to the company or the company's mission.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions (Vienna, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The overall interview process was very standard. I completed a phone interview first, and then completed a personal interview in the Vienna, VA office. Expectations were set up front regarding recruiting numbers and overall activity required per week.

Interview Questions

• There was not necessarily a most 'difficult' question, however, the team did ask me "why Recruiting?".   Answer Question

Systems and Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions (Arlington, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard recruiting in an attempt to fill contract slots on government agency contract slots. Interviewing was non-technical. PSS is simply overhead on hourly-billable government contracts. Frankly, there are many companies doing the exact same thing better than PSS. I declined their job offer because of their mandatory and horrid non-compete contract where the employee gets nothing in return for giving up many rights. Read it. You give up the right to perform ANY similar work for ANY employer in radii of PSS office and customer workplace that covers the entire metro DC area, even if you're terminated. PSS appealed lawsuits based on this contract all the way to the VA Supreme Court. I believe that for any given contract position you can find another contractor or prime contractor that would better for you as an employee.

Interview Questions

• The interview was limited to basic questions about clearance, tolerance of commute - practical non-technical considerations regarding getting to work every day. They all boiled down to "Can you bill hours?"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions in March 2011.

Interview

My inital reaction was very positive. PSS is great job at interviewing! The issue though is they present themselves as a small defense contractor when in reality they are a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask very difficult questions. In fact they were the standard by the book questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negoitate a great salary for myself. The advice I would others is to examine your own needs as an employee. If you are very thick skinned and able to roll with the punches than this is a great enviroment. If you are a person who craves stability and consistency you may want to think twice about accepting an offer with this firm.