Preferred Systems Solutions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Preferred Systems Solutions

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott AFB, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott AFB, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions.

I got the first call and it was the normal rate and experience, send the resume. The call felt rushed but not the hiring process. I was entertaining other offers and interviews at the time and found that everything was taking long than I thought it would. After about a month I got a call and was told that the main supervisor would be in town for a few days and that I would have an interview with him and the on site supervisor. This was not made clear if it was to be on the phone or in person.

The day before I was told that it would be in person. I didn't exactly have the gas to get home from the location that I was interviewing at. But I took the risk and went to interview. The questions where the standard fair for any developer position.

In the end it was talking about personality and getting some clear facts about purpose and direction. At the time I got weird feelings, at least mixed, from the on-site supervisor but he willing filled my car for me so I could get home.

Just be you and go in ready to learn fast and stay fast.

Interview Questions
    Go in with your number and be aware of it's market value in the field and area.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions in April 2011.

The overall interview process was very standard. I completed a phone interview first, and then completed a personal interview in the Vienna, VA office. Expectations were set up front regarding recruiting numbers and overall activity required per week.

Interview Questions
    • There was not necessarily a most 'difficult' question, however, the team did ask me "why Recruiting?".   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Preferred Systems Solutions in March 2011.

My inital reaction was very positive. PSS is great job at interviewing! The issue though is they present themselves as a small defense contractor when in reality they are a staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask very difficult questions. In fact they were the standard by the book questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negoitate a great salary for myself. The advice I would others is to examine your own needs as an employee. If you are very thick skinned and able to roll with the punches than this is a great enviroment. If you are a person who craves stability and consistency you may want to think twice about accepting an offer with this firm.