Premera Blue Cross

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Analyst II Interview

I interviewed in the Healthcare Economics division and I wasn't particularly impressed.

First contact was with a recruiter who asked very general questions for 20-30 minutes. Two weeks later I talked to the hiring manager for 30 minutes. This was mostly going over my resume and my experience within the healthcare industry. Then a month later I get invited to participate in 5 30-minute phone interviews, ranging from entry level analysts to the director. Some interviewers were very nice and others were very rude. After these interviews I heard nothing for over a month. I finally received contact from the hiring manager asking me to participate in another round of 4-5 interviews with some more members of the department. At that point I finally said no-- you'd think I was interviewing to be CEO.

Also, the Healthcare Economics department is largely women. I got the impression that if you have male parts you probably shouldn't bother applying.

Senior Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview process for this position was not too intense. About 5 interviews with Director and VP level individuals. Mostly behavioral and fit questions. No case questions or hardball "Game Theory" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of this category. All were straight ahead "tell me about your experience" kinds of questions. It was up to you to sell yourself. The openended nature of the questions allowed you lots of latitude.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate and it didn't go well. Accepted the first offer.

Program Manager Interview

My interview experience was a five hour interview with 5 unique managers. Each manager represented their work group and how they would interact with the position. The conversation ranged from current state to specifics about the expectations of the role in the first few months.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would go about creating value for a new team   Answer Question

Senior Internal Regulatory Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross in September 2014.

Relaxed atmosphere, workforce dress is business casual, interviewer wore jeans and plaid shirt.
    Interview was set for an hour, but completed in 40 minutes. Started the interview with asking what I thought the duties of the job were. Then asked how my skillset would be useful to the position. Interviewer was not really interested in my background, was mainly focused on experience with regulatory requirements and communicating the requirements to others.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult or complex.   View Answer

Manager of Client Technology Services Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross in August 2014.

First interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later I was invited to 2 days of onsite interviews. First day was an interview with the departmental director, HR, management peers, and the full team this position would be supporting. The 2nd day was more interviews with management peers from other departments. I was invited back for a final interview with the hiring manger.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager kept testing my knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, however this was not listed as a requirement on the job posting. Also asked several situational types questions, i.e. what would you do if an employee showed up to work who appeared to be drunk.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross in July 2014.

The interview process went smoothly and I interviewed with a very impressive panel of Mount Lake Terrace interviewers. Unfortunately, when I got to the interview feedback, the Premera HR team dropped the ball. I interviewed in July and after 4 months I am still waiting for interview feedback. I am not annoyed that I did not get the job but rather shocked that HR left me hanging for 4 months with zero follow through. When a candidate takes 3 hours out of their schedule (time off, unpaid for me) to interview, I expect some sort of follow up. It's just common courtesy. When I called to request interview feedback/next steps, after 3 weeks, I got scolded by the Premera Recruiter. Extremely disappointing, unprofessional and unacceptable!

Customer Service Representative Interview

1 phone interview. I asked for a specific wage, they still offered a less than expected. Still waiting to see if they pay for the benefits or if the employee does.

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

The hiring process was one to remember, for good and bad reasons. The process took longer than I'd care to remember. From start to finish, it was about a three month wait: however, there were certain circumstances that made it longer than it should have been. I applied online after receiving an email about a posting online. I filled it out, and it was about a month until I received an email saying that the company wanted to set up a phone interview.
         The phone interview was about a half hour with an HR representative, and I was asked questions that would be expected in an interview. Essentially, give an impression of myself and abilities. None of the questions were too easy, or too hard. This went well enough that I was told that I would be contacted to have an in person interview set up.
         I waited about a week before being contacted, then had the interview set up in another week after that. The interview was two and half hours, in 5 half hour sessions, with one or two people at a time. I met with several managers and senior analysts from the department that I would be working in. They all had questions tailored to different areas, and it was fairly simple and was not too challenging. Given I prepared a lot for anything and everything.
      Then the waiting came. I was one of the first to interview, so I knew it would be a little while, but this was also around the holidays, so I ended up waiting a month and a half for a phone call saying that I had gotten the job.
       The actual interview process was very easy and everyone I talked to was very upbeat and easy to talk to. The only bad thing I can say was that it took way too long. I love my job now and the community is very welcoming and easy to work around.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with adversity, and you knew you were going to fail, and how did you manage it?   View Answer

Customer Experience Strategy & Design Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Job was posted mid month, I saw the posting and applied about 2 weeks later. I didn't hear from the recruiter until about 3 weeks later to set up the first phone screen. The second phone screen followed 2 weeks later with the consultant who is currently in the role and a third phone screen another 2 weeks after that with the hiring manager. I did not make the cut to do an in-person interview but the recruiter did his best to let me know the status at each stage.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager gave pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Premera Blue Cross in January 2014.

Scheduled a 2.5 Hour interview session a few weeks into the application process. Went to Mountlake Terrace campus and interviewed in two sessions. Half an hour interview sessions with Actuarial analysts and managers. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They ask if you had a magical box that could produce any information, what would you want to price a premium for a policy?   Answer Question