Premera Blue Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Premera Blue Cross

Interview Details – 1 phone interview. I asked for a specific wage, they still offered a less than expected. Still waiting to see if they pay for the benefits or if the employee does.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Customer Experience Strategy & Design Consultant Interview

Customer Experience Strategy & Design Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Job was posted mid month, I saw the posting and applied about 2 weeks later. I didn't hear from the recruiter until about 3 weeks later to set up the first phone screen. The second phone screen followed 2 weeks later with the consultant who is currently in the role and a third phone screen another 2 weeks after that with the hiring manager. I did not make the cut to do an in-person interview but the recruiter did his best to let me know the status at each stage.

Interview Question – The hiring manager gave pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Assistant Actuarial Analyst
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview Details – The hiring process was one to remember, for good and bad reasons. The process took longer than I'd care to remember. From start to finish, it was about a three month wait: however, there were certain circumstances that made it longer than it should have been. I applied online after receiving an email about a posting online. I filled it out, and it was about a month until I received an email saying that the company wanted to set up a phone interview.
     The phone interview was about a half hour with an HR representative, and I was asked questions that would be expected in an interview. Essentially, give an impression of myself and abilities. None of the questions were too easy, or too hard. This went well enough that I was told that I would be contacted to have an in person interview set up.
     I waited about a week before being contacted, then had the interview set up in another week after that. The interview was two and half hours, in 5 half hour sessions, with one or two people at a time. I met with several managers and senior analysts from the department that I would be working in. They all had questions tailored to different areas, and it was fairly simple and was not too challenging. Given I prepared a lot for anything and everything.
  Then the waiting came. I was one of the first to interview, so I knew it would be a little while, but this was also around the holidays, so I ended up waiting a month and a half for a phone call saying that I had gotten the job.
   The actual interview process was very easy and everyone I talked to was very upbeat and easy to talk to. The only bad thing I can say was that it took way too long. I love my job now and the community is very welcoming and easy to work around.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with adversity, and you knew you were going to fail, and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Internal Consultant I Interview

Internal Consultant I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR which was to answer questions the hiring manager had written down and the HR rep typed my answers up to give them. That was followed by an in person interview with an internal consultant who (I think) was there mostly to tell me about the culture and see if I would fit in, and the director. Then for people who passed that stage, an interview with the execs the position would have been presenting to.

Interview Question – The HR rep asked a questions the hiring manager had left for them which I wasn't used to. They were tell me about a time you...
...used data to identify solutions.
...gave guidance on a complex project
...used analytical and resource planning to meet deadlines
...worked with management to ensure a project met quality and timeliness standards
...recovered a project that wasn't going well

The questions in the face to face interview had some similar specific questions plus the cultural fit questions like what's your ideal job and why do you want to work here.
  Answer Question

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Assistant Actuarial Analyst
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in January 2014.

Interview Details – Scheduled a 2.5 Hour interview session a few weeks into the application process. Went to Mountlake Terrace campus and interviewed in two sessions. Half an hour interview sessions with Actuarial analysts and managers. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – They ask if you had a magical box that could produce any information, what would you want to price a premium for a policy?   Answer Question

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

ECommerce Product Manager
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in July 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible process, long delays, communication gap between each step, seems top heavy micro-managed place, interviewers lack clarity of thought, cant give big picture, peers to the role seem to be struggling as well.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, but yes general and good questions which everyone asks.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems very political, top heavy place to work and definitely not a company you want to make career..

Internal Consultant Interview

Internal Consultant
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Phone interview with contract recruiter. She reviewed the position, benefits, pay and company policies with me.

Interview Question – Basic phone interview questions.

Can you tell me of a time when...?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Internal Consultant Interview

Senior Internal Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Multiple phone screenings, half-day in person interview. No offer received.

Interview Question – Questions were simple. They seem to be looking for a perfect cultural fit AND someone who will not 'rock the boat' too much.   Answer Question

Human Resources Retirement & Benefits Representative Interview

Human Resources Retirement & Benefits Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Applied online and received phone call several weeks later. Initial phone screen was very positive, recruiter seemed impressed with my depth of knowledge and experience. Candidly discussed my stronger and weaker areas. Didn't discuss the position much, mostly my qualifications and salary needs. Was contacted within a day or two of phone screen to arrange for in-person interviews. There was some back and forth, and several schedule changes. A bit disorganized. When I arrived for my interview, I was a bit taken aback by how unfriendly the receptionist was. Met with four individuals, most of whom were not particularly personable or friendly, and most of the interviews were more grilling than conversational. Learned in the first of four interviews that the position I was interviewing for was different than the position posted. Realistically, I was not qualified based on the revised job duties. I would have appreciated being given a heads-up so that I could have withdrawn myself from consideration. Even if I'd received an offer, I'd have declined. I was frustrated by the disorganization, and would not have fit in well with the group with whom I interviewed.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult, blend of behavioral and technical questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Premera Blue Cross

Interview Details – premade questions interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at Premera Blue Cross

Worked for Premera Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Premera Blue Cross interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Premera Blue Cross employees and interview candidates.