Preqin

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Preqin.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview with HR. She will ask you why you want to work there, what you know about the role, pretty standard prep questions. You will then schedule an in person second round interview with two managers who again will ask you about what you currently do, why you want to work there, etc. You should really do your homework on the company and understand their clients. Know the major asset classes covered: PE, Hedge Funds, Real Estate, and Infrastructure. Finally one last interview with the Head of US Operations, which is basically the same interview as number two. I heard back with an offer within a week.

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult or intended to trick you. They basically want to see how well you mesh with the culture and if you can stay on top of your work which are deadline driven. If you don't have sales experience, show them that you can outgoing and persuasive.   Answer Question

PIN Consultant Interview

PIN Consultant

Interviewed at Preqin

Interview Details – Normal interview - ask about your background. You'll get called back if they like you; if you're qualified. After the second call back, I knew I was going to receive an offer.

Interview Question – Definitely know about PE, HF, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Preqin.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening with HR, went in and met with multiple people, and then had another call. Easy process.

Interview Question – Understanding of the alternative asset landscape.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Preqin in March 2012.

Interview Details – Stage One is a phone interview where they are looking for confident, coherant people that can speak well. One of the test question is to be able to express myself clearly in Chinese.

Stage Two is also the final stage where they will present a script with some points and as long as you can combine them smoothly into a sales pitch, it will be fine.

Interview Question – Nothing, Standard questions throughout   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Preqin.

Interview Details – applied via reed and got invited with in 5 days. Interview was with 2 team managers, very friendly, general questions about previous experience, then interview was followed by a written assessment with a maths part but only % GCSE level and 2 texts had 2 be summarised.

Interview Question – "What do you know about private equity"
In general it was avery pleasant interview and not difficult, however I could have needed more time for the assessment.
  Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Preqin in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone conversation followed by interview with HR. 2nd round is a panel interview with 3 managers. About 1 hour each. Questions are general and not particularly intense. Little on problem solving and maths/logic puzzles. A 30 minute test with some questions involving %'s and summarising a paragraph. Not hard.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about private equity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Worked for Preqin? Contribute to the Community!