Preqin Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Preqin

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Preqin.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with HR. She will ask you why you want to work there, what you know about the role, pretty standard prep questions. You will then schedule an in person second round interview with two managers who again will ask you about what you currently do, why you want to work there, etc. You should really do your homework on the company and understand their clients. Know the major asset classes covered: PE, Hedge Funds, Real Estate, and Infrastructure. Finally one last interview with the Head of US Operations, which is basically the same interview as number two. I heard back with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult or intended to trick you. They basically want to see how well you mesh with the culture and if you can stay on top of your work which are deadline driven. If you don't have sales experience, show them that you can outgoing and persuasive.   Answer Question

PIN Consultant Interview

Interview

Normal interview - ask about your background. You'll get called back if they like you; if you're qualified. After the second call back, I knew I was going to receive an offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Preqin (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR, went in and met with multiple people, and then had another call. Easy process.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through Reed, got an email within days. First round interview with three analysts ran through CV, research skills, phone skills and knowledge of alternative assets. After the interview had to do a test which included very basic maths and short writing peices. Got invited to a second round interview within days for the following week. Was with three senior people, again running through skills and aspirations.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Preqin.

Interview

Pretty standard, Was given a phone interview to gauge my interest in the role. A week later, was invited to go down to the office for another interview. Questions were quite standard, was not caught off guard by most of them. Questions were also asked to gauge my personality and whether I was a good fit for the role and company.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on-line within a few days invited to a first interview. Interview was basic questions about past experience and skills ect. Followed by a test. Very easy and straight forward. Got an offer for a second interview the same day. The second interview was with 3 hiring managers, very strange interview, hardly any questions asked of me, spoken at about the different departments. Told I would hear within a few days. Over a week, and 3 emails from me I finally got a response and feedback which didn't even sound like my interview. But the person relying this information wasn't sure. I didn't get the offer, but I found Preqin to be very unprofessional in handling this process and would not want to work for them after this.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied via reed and got invited with in 5 days. Interview was with 2 team managers, very friendly, general questions about previous experience, then interview was followed by a written assessment with a maths part but only % GCSE level and 2 texts had 2 be summarised.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about private equity" In general it was avery pleasant interview and not difficult, however I could have needed more time for the assessment.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone conversation followed by interview with HR. 2nd round is a panel interview with 3 managers. About 1 hour each. Questions are general and not particularly intense. Little on problem solving and maths/logic puzzles. A 30 minute test with some questions involving %'s and summarising a paragraph. Not hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Preqin (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2012.

Interview

Stage One is a phone interview where they are looking for confident, coherant people that can speak well. One of the test question is to be able to express myself clearly in Chinese. Stage Two is also the final stage where they will present a script with some points and as long as you can combine them smoothly into a sales pitch, it will be fine.