Preqin Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
6 interviews

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Preqin.

I went through a phone interview with HR. She will ask you why you want to work there, what you know about the role, pretty standard prep questions. You will then schedule an in person second round interview with two managers who again will ask you about what you currently do, why you want to work there, etc. You should really do your homework on the company and understand their clients. Know the major asset classes covered: PE, Hedge Funds, Real Estate, and Infrastructure. Finally one last interview with the Head of US Operations, which is basically the same interview as number two. I heard back with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult or intended to trick you. They basically want to see how well you mesh with the culture and if you can stay on top of your work which are deadline driven. If you don't have sales experience, show them that you can outgoing and persuasive.   Answer Question

PIN Consultant Interview

Normal interview - ask about your background. You'll get called back if they like you; if you're qualified. After the second call back, I knew I was going to receive an offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Preqin.

Had a phone screening with HR, went in and met with multiple people, and then had another call. Easy process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Preqin in March 2012.

Stage One is a phone interview where they are looking for confident, coherant people that can speak well. One of the test question is to be able to express myself clearly in Chinese.

Stage Two is also the final stage where they will present a script with some points and as long as you can combine them smoothly into a sales pitch, it will be fine.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Preqin.

applied via reed and got invited with in 5 days. Interview was with 2 team managers, very friendly, general questions about previous experience, then interview was followed by a written assessment with a maths part but only % GCSE level and 2 texts had 2 be summarised.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about private equity"
      In general it was avery pleasant interview and not difficult, however I could have needed more time for the assessment.
        Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Preqin in September 2012.

Phone conversation followed by interview with HR. 2nd round is a panel interview with 3 managers. About 1 hour each. Questions are general and not particularly intense. Little on problem solving and maths/logic puzzles. A 30 minute test with some questions involving %'s and summarising a paragraph. Not hard.

Didn't negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Preqin

Worked for Preqin? Contribute to the Community!