Press Ganey

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey in October 2014.

There was a video interview, followed by in person interviews. The interviews weren't bad, but the video one was pretty weird and a little awkward. I was told by a friend who is currently an Account Manager, to apply for the position. Although he was always stressed out and venting about the high volumes of work, he always said they had good benefits and there is room to grow there.

I got offered a position starting at 38K annually, eligible for yearly raises, and thought it was a joke. For the amount of work that they seem to do, that is not worth the work. I would be taking a major pay cut, so in the end, I had to decline.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty straight-forward. They asked for examples of times when I've had to do this or that. Typical   Answer Question

Pay was far too low.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

This was a 2 step process: phone interview, followed by a 2 hour onsite interview that consisted of 2 panels. I was a little intimidating, but they tried to make me as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • It was very straight forward. They asked background questions and things like "explain a time when you had to get someone to do something they didn't want to do".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Bilingual Phone Survey Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey.

Interview process happened in one day. First did a group interview where Human Resources Manager spoke mostly about the company and asked each of us different question. I was with three other people. Second round was individual interviews with two management professionals. Very easy and basic questions to make sure you understood the importance of confidentiality and could handle conflict resolution with callers.

No room for negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

I had to interview with 5 different people,and at the end of it my manager knows nothing about my job. So odd, it took forever!!!

no salary negotion

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

Panel style interview. More like an interrogation and intimidation. Ridiculous. Heard they do not do these any more, but still tag team you with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes to get as much information about the prospect next to you and then present this person to the group.   Answer Question

Not enough pay

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Press Ganey.

Long and drawn out. Had to pester HR to schedule and to receive feedback. Interviewed for over 4 hours of my time and have yet to receive any feedback, offer or even next steps. However, the time spent during the interviews went very well. The people seemed committed, hard working and very smart. The interviews had all the hallmarks of 'things going well". Very surprised to have not heard a thing...no choice but to blame a low functioning recruiter/ HR person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were designed to get a real feel for your personality, often lead with "Tell us about a time when..."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in January 2013.

They first conduct a telephone interview and then select people to come into the office and meet with all of the account management team managers and one person from HR (usually the person who you did the phone interview with) who need people/are short people on their team. After the interview the managers meet to discuss pros and cons of each potential employee and argue over who gets who on what team. Most account mangers last less than one year before moving to another company. The account management position has a very high turnover rate. During the interview the managers take turns reading from a paper of preexisting behavioral interview questions, each then take notes to aid them in their discussions and decision making process later. This is a process driven company and they have a specific process to follow for every task, including very heavy documentation and checklists to complete for EVERY process. They like details and are looking for very detail oriented people.

Interview Questions
    • This is a pretty straight forward behavioral interview. Just look up behavioral interviewing on the web if you are unsure or have not participated in a behavioral interview, and you'll be good to go.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate salary with account managers. It is a take it or leave it job offer, and that is a company wide thing in the account management department.

Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

The interviewing process has changed numerous times during my tenure there and has continued to change; it is constantly being tweaked and modified. Any insight on my interview process would be mostly moot. It was intimidating - it was a panel of the managers where I had to present a few of the reports that, if i were to get the job, would be presenting to the clients. They were looking for presenting skills and personality. Now, however, they look more for healthcare experience, which helps, but is not as critical as the other soft skills. Personally, with the change in their culture, I wouldn't go back to this company if they doubled my current salary. Employee sat has plummeted and for a company that tried to teach other organizations to survey their employees, I found it sad that they didn't last year because the results of the previous year were abysmal.

Interview Questions
    • Again, the process has changed. I had to present THEIR data to a panel of managers - without having any knowledge of the material. It was more for presenting skill, but it was quite intimidating!   Answer Question
    not much room for negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in June 2011.

It is composed of the usual phone screens. The next step is a face to face where the candidate is evaluated for basic development skills and personality fit for the intended team.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how did you overcome it?   View Answer
    Pretty much take it or leave it. At the time, I felt that this was the best group of people that I had met during the job search process, the company was doing exciting things so I chose to sacrifice a little money for the expected enjoyment of my work life.

Client Relationship Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Press Ganey in March 2011.

Extremely Detailed. Long Process to ensure proper fit.