Press Ganey

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.4

Marketing Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in December 2008.

Press Ganey has canned questions that every interviewer is assigned. They have a huge group of people interview you, and the questions sometimes overlap. I would say to be yourself and make sure to have lots of examples of your work that you can use in the interview. They are very small-town oriented, so be aware that everyone knows everyone, and there is not a single secret in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you measured results of your marketing campaigns.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous company?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Press Ganey in September 2009.

First I had two phone interviews. Next I drove into town, they put me up in a nice hotel. The next day I spent several hours interviewing with several people in different departments. I found the interview process exhausting and Unnecessarily drawn out. For the most part everyone stuck to a script of typical questions. I sensed that most of the people conducting the interview felt stiffeled by having to ask the questions. Some people varied and asked their own style of questions. Everyone was polite and very professional. This is a conservative company. I answered every question to the best of my ability and tried my utmost to remain alert and interested in this archaic interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me an example of where you have failed or received some negative feedback in some aspect of your job performance. What did you do to try to correct this failure and what resulted from your actions?   Answer Question
    • Give me some examples of how an organization you’ve worked for has benefited from something new that tried on the job.   Answer Question
    My offer came well below what the market will offer so I negotiated other perks to make the offer more suitable. Know the market, know your position and if it is valued within the company. Some positions are more valuable to the company than others. My position was not a direct contributor so it was not as valuable say as a Sales Executive would be. I knew what I could or couldn't negotiate with my given role. In the end I feel that Press Ganey was fair and flexible with regards to my offer.

Director Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Press Ganey in December 2010.

The interview process was very drawn out....3 months. I spoke with 9 different people a total of 11 times. Most of the interviews were behavioral based. Everyone was very friendly and all seemed very intelligent. The overall process was frustrating as it was very drawn out and scheduling kept changing. Also, next steps were often different than what I was being told during interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled an employee that is not performing up to expectations?   Answer Question

Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

The interviewing process has changed numerous times during my tenure there and has continued to change; it is constantly being tweaked and modified. Any insight on my interview process would be mostly moot. It was intimidating - it was a panel of the managers where I had to present a few of the reports that, if i were to get the job, would be presenting to the clients. They were looking for presenting skills and personality. Now, however, they look more for healthcare experience, which helps, but is not as critical as the other soft skills. Personally, with the change in their culture, I wouldn't go back to this company if they doubled my current salary. Employee sat has plummeted and for a company that tried to teach other organizations to survey their employees, I found it sad that they didn't last year because the results of the previous year were abysmal.

Interview Questions
    • Again, the process has changed. I had to present THEIR data to a panel of managers - without having any knowledge of the material. It was more for presenting skill, but it was quite intimidating!   Answer Question
    not much room for negotiation.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Press Ganey.

Long and drawn out. Had to pester HR to schedule and to receive feedback. Interviewed for over 4 hours of my time and have yet to receive any feedback, offer or even next steps. However, the time spent during the interviews went very well. The people seemed committed, hard working and very smart. The interviews had all the hallmarks of 'things going well". Very surprised to have not heard a thing...no choice but to blame a low functioning recruiter/ HR person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were designed to get a real feel for your personality, often lead with "Tell us about a time when..."   View Answer

Client Relationship Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Press Ganey in March 2011.

Extremely Detailed. Long Process to ensure proper fit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in June 2011.

It is composed of the usual phone screens. The next step is a face to face where the candidate is evaluated for basic development skills and personality fit for the intended team.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how did you overcome it?   View Answer
    Pretty much take it or leave it. At the time, I felt that this was the best group of people that I had met during the job search process, the company was doing exciting things so I chose to sacrifice a little money for the expected enjoyment of my work life.

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

Panel style interview. More like an interrogation and intimidation. Ridiculous. Heard they do not do these any more, but still tag team you with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes to get as much information about the prospect next to you and then present this person to the group.   Answer Question

Not enough pay

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in October 2009.

I applied by submitting my resume through Monster. No response, but I didn't give up because I thought I seemed like a really good fit for the job. A couple weeks later, I tried again, and this time received a phone call from HR. We did a phone screen, and then later then brought me in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you weren't working in this field, what would be your dream job?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I wish that I would have; I know others that did.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Press Ganey in July 2009.

the interview processed has changed several times over the past two years

there is no negotiating salary