Press Ganey

3.2

Counsel Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Press Ganey in January 2015.

Submitted an online application, and received an email within the week to set-up a phone interview with the internal recruiter. Had a good conversation, and was told I would likely move on. But, unfortunately, it looks like they were already far enough along in the recruitment process that they had interviewed a set of candidates in-person already, and selected one of those candidates. The recruiter responded with this information quickly, but I was disappointed that they interviewed me when they already were that far along in the decision-making.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide an idea of previous experience, and why I was looking to make a transition.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey.

I was contacted 2-3 weeks after applying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with a young HR rep who was nice enough but clearly just reading off a list of basic questions and typing my answers. Not a lot of interaction. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the HR rep said she would be sending the info to management who would then make decisions about candidates to invite to in-person interviews. She said that she would be in contact within a week to notify me whether or not I would advance to the next round. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I reached out to her to ask whether the position had been filled or if she had any updates, but it has been a week and I have still not heard back.

The experience has been very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about experience dealing with clients.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in February 2014.

Terrific communication. Relaxed interviewing atmosphere. Friendly and easy to talk with. Discussed company culture, history and future. A great company and wonderful team of people. It would be an honor to be part of such a great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in January 2013.

They first conduct a telephone interview and then select people to come into the office and meet with all of the account management team managers and one person from HR (usually the person who you did the phone interview with) who need people/are short people on their team. After the interview the managers meet to discuss pros and cons of each potential employee and argue over who gets who on what team. Most account mangers last less than one year before moving to another company. The account management position has a very high turnover rate. During the interview the managers take turns reading from a paper of preexisting behavioral interview questions, each then take notes to aid them in their discussions and decision making process later. This is a process driven company and they have a specific process to follow for every task, including very heavy documentation and checklists to complete for EVERY process. They like details and are looking for very detail oriented people.

Interview Questions
    • This is a pretty straight forward behavioral interview. Just look up behavioral interviewing on the web if you are unsure or have not participated in a behavioral interview, and you'll be good to go.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate salary with account managers. It is a take it or leave it job offer, and that is a company wide thing in the account management department.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey in October 2014.

There was a video interview, followed by in person interviews. The interviews weren't bad, but the video one was pretty weird and a little awkward. I was told by a friend who is currently an Account Manager, to apply for the position. Although he was always stressed out and venting about the high volumes of work, he always said they had good benefits and there is room to grow there.

I got offered a position starting at 38K annually, eligible for yearly raises, and thought it was a joke. For the amount of work that they seem to do, that is not worth the work. I would be taking a major pay cut, so in the end, I had to decline.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty straight-forward. They asked for examples of times when I've had to do this or that. Typical   Answer Question

Pay was far too low.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

This was a 2 step process: phone interview, followed by a 2 hour onsite interview that consisted of 2 panels. I was a little intimidating, but they tried to make me as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • It was very straight forward. They asked background questions and things like "explain a time when you had to get someone to do something they didn't want to do".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Bilingual Phone Survey Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey.

Interview process happened in one day. First did a group interview where Human Resources Manager spoke mostly about the company and asked each of us different question. I was with three other people. Second round was individual interviews with two management professionals. Very easy and basic questions to make sure you understood the importance of confidentiality and could handle conflict resolution with callers.

No room for negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

I had to interview with 5 different people,and at the end of it my manager knows nothing about my job. So odd, it took forever!!!

no salary negotion

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey.

Panel style interview. More like an interrogation and intimidation. Ridiculous. Heard they do not do these any more, but still tag team you with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes to get as much information about the prospect next to you and then present this person to the group.   Answer Question

Not enough pay

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Press Ganey in June 2011.

It is composed of the usual phone screens. The next step is a face to face where the candidate is evaluated for basic development skills and personality fit for the intended team.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how did you overcome it?   View Answer
    Pretty much take it or leave it. At the time, I felt that this was the best group of people that I had met during the job search process, the company was doing exciting things so I chose to sacrifice a little money for the expected enjoyment of my work life.