Pret A Manger

Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pret A Manger in September 2014.

They ask too much for the kind of horrible job.
    Too many regulations. Too strict. Stupid rules. Bad Management. They try to get you to work therr for 10.00 when the kind of job they make you do is worth much more.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pret A Manger.

Contaced by a recruiter for the company. Had initial phone interview, very basic. Had a second interview a week later with the recruiter in person. Third interview a week after that with the Operations Manager for the region. Contract negation was done through the recruiter

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in moving to New York?   View Answer
    Negioate for more in your base salary!! The bonus structure is based off of your base salary PLUS, you most likely will not get a raise and to achieve a bonus of any "decent" size per quarter you will need to work 60+ hrs a week. You will not make the bonus they tell you that you can make, almost guaranteed.

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pret A Manger.

They basically wanted people with a food service background, which I don't have. As soon as the interviewer realized I didn't have this background she shut down. I could tell the difference in her body language. I realized at that point I had no hope of getting this job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went beyond the call in delivering customer service   Answer Question

Team Member Star Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pret A Manger in September 2012.

I was referred by a friend and I was told that Pret hired every weekend after the first interview I was called the same day to come in for a second interview. It was pretty fast they called back the next day and told me I was going into training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really hard. There's no write or wrong answer they just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Information Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pret A Manger in July 2012.

Was contacted through a recruiting firm. Interviewed with HR, went very well. She was very well versed with company culture and painted a good picture of what to expect working at Pret. Was asked to come in and meet the VP of Finance \ IT, who was much more Finance and very little IT. He asked questions about how to solve their current-day issues. The VP of HR left the company just after the interview and the recruiter's response regarding my candidacy didn't seem to make sense (clear to me that they confused their candidates).

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair, nothing particularly challenging or difficult. Notable question asked by VP of Finance was "What would those who worked for you say about you if they were asked?".   View Answer

Team Member Star Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pret A Manger in February 2012.

applied right then and there got a mini interview
    got called a month later
    scheduled for an interview
    met with a person 1 on 1
    got called a few days later for orientation

Interview Questions
    • everything was easy they asked how you know about pret
      describe yourself
      how do you deal with customers

Answer Question

Administrative Opener (Hired As Team Member) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pret A Manger in November 2011.

Open interviews are held almost every Saturday at their Bryant Park location.
    From the looks of the other candidates, there was no specific dress code.. However, I showed up in slacks, boots, a button down and denim jacket. I came well prepared having read all about the company the night before and with a filled out application and resume (which was appreciated.) I was interviewed quickly by a Pret employee (she appreciated my charm, openness, and genuine friendliness) She quickly passed me on to the next process which to my surprise was the same day. I was then interviewed by a hiring manager in their back room.. They love SMILES, a great sense of humor, and confidence. I was contacted with a job offer later that day.

Interview Questions
    • They ask your standard questions.. How would you respond to a certain situation, how did you deal with conflicts at your previous place of employment etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pret A Manger in October 2011.

Walk-in session

No negotiation available

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pret A Manger in March 2010.

The hiring and interview process was fast and easy. After going to their flagship store during an open house for a short interview, I was hired on the spot! They hire employees weekly at there shop on 42nd street and 5th avenue it very accessible and they are extremely welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question asked during the interview process was, "Where do I see myself in the company in 10 years."   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pret A Manger.

You'll get asked the usual - why do you want to work for Pret, what experience do you have, why should Pret pick you etc.
    You might do an experience day, where you work in the kitchen and on the floor, it's a little nerve-racking as at the end all the other employees have to vote you into the team or not! Just be chatty, ask questions and be interested.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get asked a difficult question, but advice would be to mention that you love/would love to work with food as that's important.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as pay is pretty good, but depending on the weekly mystery shopper you may lose out on your bonus, which is important also.