Pret A Manger

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pret A Manger.

Interview Details – Contaced by a recruiter for the company. Had initial phone interview, very basic. Had a second interview a week later with the recruiter in person. Third interview a week after that with the Operations Manager for the region. Contract negation was done through the recruiter

Interview Question – Would you be interested in moving to New York?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negioate for more in your base salary!! The bonus structure is based off of your base salary PLUS, you most likely will not get a raise and to achieve a bonus of any "decent" size per quarter you will need to work 60+ hrs a week. You will not make the bonus they tell you that you can make, almost guaranteed.

Barista Interview

Barista
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pret A Manger in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was fast and easy. After going to their flagship store during an open house for a short interview, I was hired on the spot! They hire employees weekly at there shop on 42nd street and 5th avenue it very accessible and they are extremely welcoming.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked during the interview process was, "Where do I see myself in the company in 10 years."   View Answer

Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Pret A Manger.

Interview Details – They basically wanted people with a food service background, which I don't have. As soon as the interviewer realized I didn't have this background she shut down. I could tell the difference in her body language. I realized at that point I had no hope of getting this job.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went beyond the call in delivering customer service   Answer Question

Team Member Star Interview

Team Member Star

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pret A Manger in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and I was told that Pret hired every weekend after the first interview I was called the same day to come in for a second interview. It was pretty fast they called back the next day and told me I was going into training.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really hard. There's no write or wrong answer they just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pret A Manger in October 2011.

Interview Details – Walk-in session

Interview Question – Why do you want the job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Administrative Opener (Hired As Team Member) Interview

Administrative Opener (Hired As Team Member)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pret A Manger in November 2011.

Interview Details – Open interviews are held almost every Saturday at their Bryant Park location.
From the looks of the other candidates, there was no specific dress code.. However, I showed up in slacks, boots, a button down and denim jacket. I came well prepared having read all about the company the night before and with a filled out application and resume (which was appreciated.) I was interviewed quickly by a Pret employee (she appreciated my charm, openness, and genuine friendliness) She quickly passed me on to the next process which to my surprise was the same day. I was then interviewed by a hiring manager in their back room.. They love SMILES, a great sense of humor, and confidence. I was contacted with a job offer later that day.

Interview Question – They ask your standard questions.. How would you respond to a certain situation, how did you deal with conflicts at your previous place of employment etc..   Answer Question

Information Technology Director Interview

Information Technology Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pret A Manger in July 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted through a recruiting firm. Interviewed with HR, went very well. She was very well versed with company culture and painted a good picture of what to expect working at Pret. Was asked to come in and meet the VP of Finance \ IT, who was much more Finance and very little IT. He asked questions about how to solve their current-day issues. The VP of HR left the company just after the interview and the recruiter's response regarding my candidacy didn't seem to make sense (clear to me that they confused their candidates).

Interview Question – All questions were fair, nothing particularly challenging or difficult. Notable question asked by VP of Finance was "What would those who worked for you say about you if they were asked?".   View Answer

Team Member Star Interview

Team Member Star

Interviewed at Pret A Manger

Interview Details – i applied in victoria
it was quite easy. did the interview the next day. and experience day
i start 5am . i am used to it. i love my team,

Interview Question – what do we do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Pret A Manger

Interview Details – You can apply via the store, or the Recruitment Centre at Victoria.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in the food industr?y   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pret A Manger in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submit my application online and got an phone interview on the next day. HR is friendly and the interview is all about yourself and Pret, e.g why Pret? and introduce yourself. (The whole interview is less then 15mins)

Then I was invited to attend a face to face interview in victoria station which is similar to the phone interview.

Interview Question – nth really. The interview is very easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They require me to work 5:30am in the morning

Worked for Pret A Manger? Contribute to the Community!