Price Chopper Supermarkets

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Colonie, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in April 2014.

Interview Details – the interviewer was late to the interview. It was generally easy, he asked me a few questions about whether I have ever worked in retail and then had me fill out the paperwork to do a background check. there was no drug test, and no complex questions.

Interview Question – the only real question he asked was why i left my last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in June 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume on line for another store that no longer had a need, But this store saw my app and called me. They had been without a second decorator for at least three months, 'They were pretty desperate. I had 21 years of experience and had been looking for a job for 3 months so we were a good match,

Interview Question – None really, sorry, it was pretty basic,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me what I asked for, they had been without a second decorator for a whilke,

Front End Clerk Interview

Front End Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Come in and talk to a manager. They ask you some questions that are pretty general. Then you either get it or don't

Negotiation Details – Said be there at a certain day and time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seafood Teammate Interview

Seafood Teammate
Hartford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application

Interview Question – At the time can you fry fish?   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Amsterdam, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Hired as a bagger\ Cart boy at 17 years old. Got the job because my parents knew the manager (only way to get anywhere in this company is knowing someone) and the interview was basically just a ruse, and was given job at end of interview.

Interview Question – What do you do if I customer is unhappy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Schenectady, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then usually 1 or 2 more interviews. Basic generic questions.

Interview Question – Two weaknesses about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Rome, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very easygoing and professional, they made me feel at home and welcomed. Don't have to worry too much about the interview process as they take almost anyone as long as you are not a criminal. Just be honest on your application and in your interview and you will do fine.

Interview Question – Give us a reason why we shouldn't hire you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Found a job closer to me.

Assistant Night Manager Interview

Assistant Night Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was told to go to corporate after my shift. I had a 3 member group ask me questions.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Webster, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Online app at price chopper.com . Ability to attach resume at that point. Goes electronically to Hr and they call you for interview. Pending passing the interview you must pass a standard background check and some testing depending on the position applied for

Interview Question – There is a new form on the online app caleed People answers be prepared for this everyone has to take it. It is timed by section and if you get below 70 you will not be considered for any position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Oneonta, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets in June 2011.

Interview Details – One has to apply online first. The data get sent to the store and they will eventually call you for an interview if a position opens up. Once you make it to this stage, you essentially meet with a front end supervisor for a few minutes and that's it. They basically ask you why you want to work at Price Chopper, what your availability is, and you're in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't expect a lot of flexibility with pay. There are many other people (especially high school and college students) who would take the job for less pay.

Worked for Price Chopper Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!