PriceSpective Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at PriceSpective

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective in May 2013.

Over a period of 4 weeks I had a 30 min phone screener, 60 minute phone interview with a Director, than a multiple hours in person day with 3 1:1 interviews. the first was for fit, second with a case example, and last with VP that allowed me to direct the conversation more than the rest.

Other Interview Reviews for PriceSpective

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PriceSpective.

The interview was an extremely long and disappointing process. They had delayed the interview for one month after I was informed about the opportunity to interview. I had the interview on campus with the vice president of the company. It was a typical behavioral/ case study first round interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was informed that I had second round interviews, but after 2 months of waiting, they contacted me and informed me that the position was no longer available.

Interview Questions
    • Case study: What recommendation would you provide an insurance company regarding the coverage of a new drug?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective in October 2011.

Frustrating. Pricespective certainly is one of the fastest growing bio consulting firms, but some of the directors and senior consultants are incompetent. I first had a 60 minute 1:1 fit and case interview with a VP. He was very nice and I had a very good perception of the company. I was invited to the second round and it was 2 1:1 60 minute fit and case interview. This is the problem. The senior consultant who gave me the case was very unorganized and he even gave me the wrong numbers. While I was doing case A, he gave me figures from case B. The whole interview was just ruined by this one senior consultant. Then I had a second case interview with the director. She was really sarcastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PriceSpective in September 2009.

1st round 1:1 with HR to go over resume
    2nd round 1:1 with director level or above to see if they want to bring you in
    3rd round 4 1:1 interviews lasting approximately 30 minutes and a 30 minute case presentation to the group that dealt with value strategy

Interview Questions
    • Given certain information, you have to figure out if buying a drug portfolio is a good investment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at PriceSpective in October 2013.

1. Phone interview with HR-general questions on yourself and why you chose the company

2. Face to face interview with senior consultant/director (competency based questions + questions derived from your resume) + 1 case study.

3. Face to face interview with VP/Associate Director (competency based questions) + 1 case study.

4. Case study presentation-given in advance (one week in advance) for you to prep and questions about it after.

#1 happened 2 weeks after the online application was made. #2-#4 all happened on the same day as the company did not have time to schedule it all on different days.

Interview Questions
    • Case Question 1: Market sizing, pricing of a drug. This is the question: A large pharma company is expecting EMA approval for a therapy that treats lower respiratory infections i.e. Drug Y (which is an antibiotic). In about six months the division will receive EMA approval to launch drug. Despite this apparent good news from the EMA, the EU division is concerned about the market potential for drug Y and it’s ability to reach key prescribers in the therapeutic category.

You have been asked to help them determine the commercial value of this product and the likelihood of use, and determining whether they should:

Launch alone
      Co-market with a partner (Joint venture)
      Sell or license the drug

The concerns over market potential centre on whether the drug can gain adequate competitive advantage in a market segment having a dominant, patent-protected competitor and low cost generic antibiotics. Additionally, a higher technology antibiotic, which appears to offer therapeutic advantages was recently introduced by a competitor.

Case Question 2: Putting a drug into a market, IP issues and should they proceed or not.

Case Question 2 was more difficult than case question 1.
        View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PriceSpective.

The interview process was straight-forward and the interviewer was easy to talk to. He asked me a few questions about my interest in the position and then dove right into the case. The case was not hard if you prepared for it properly, which you can do by familiarizing yourself with their approach. The math involved was very basic. I haven't actually heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective in September 2011.

Pretty difficult interviews. Case interviews were long and required good knowledge about biopharmaceuticals industry. Be persistent if you want to get in. PriceSpective hires rarely and is pretty competitive from what I understand. I would recommend you network your way into the firm (in my experience, the employees were pretty receptive to my networking). Makes sure you practice your cases and/or know a good deal about the industry (medical/pharmacy benefits, Medicare, net pricing, basic knowledge about popular disease areas, and even some strategy or game theory thinking is helpful).

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are in the therapeutic space X (information on space given in handout), with one competing IV agent on medical benefit and one injectible product on the pharmacy benefit, how would you advise entering the market? Why? How would you contract with hospitals, physicians, and/or commercial payers? How would you inform your contracting decisions to prevent losing net value? Bonus: how does Medicare Best Price factor into this decision?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective in March 2011.

Final interview on site was three hours with three different cases. People were very friendly there. Cases are very industry specific, they will provide you with material to study that will help you with the cases however.