PriceSpective Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at PriceSpective

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PriceSpective.

Interview

Talked with recruitment table and career fair, and they called me the next day to interview through my school's OCR program. Interview was typical behavioral + case study, they asked why pharma, why consulting, what past experience do I have etc.

Interview Questions

• What should we price this drug based on the competition and insurance/copay factors for patients   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective.

Interview

very pleasant nothing out of the ordinary. First case study is not face to face but they give you 4 pages about a project and you need to answer 3 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Over a period of 4 weeks I had a 30 min phone screener, 60 minute phone interview with a Director, than a multiple hours in person day with 3 1:1 interviews. the first was for fit, second with a case example, and last with VP that allowed me to direct the conversation more than the rest.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PriceSpective.

Interview

The interview was an extremely long and disappointing process. They had delayed the interview for one month after I was informed about the opportunity to interview. I had the interview on campus with the vice president of the company. It was a typical behavioral/ case study first round interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was informed that I had second round interviews, but after 2 months of waiting, they contacted me and informed me that the position was no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Case study: What recommendation would you provide an insurance company regarding the coverage of a new drug?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PriceSpective.

Interview

- Contacted via online posting - Initial phone interview about previous work experience and why PriceSpective - Interviews the next day with VP, two Directors, one Senior Consultant, and one Senior Analyst - Two case studies on pharmaceutical industry - Overall, found job and interviewed within 2-3 period - Received offer after 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• - (Case study 1): How would you price Product X, given ABC market data, to maximize revenues? Tier placement effects on price-volume trade-offs? - (Case study 2): How would you segment the payer markets for Product Y? At what price point would you recommend for this product? Why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

- Negotiated signing bonus - Advice: Negotiation power depends on position, higher up positions obviously more negotiating power

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

10-15 minutes - resume discussion 30-40 minutes - case interview (related to the kind of work they do - market size, pricing and market access) 15 minutes - questions for interviewer Very friendly folks. Case interview is tricky if you dont practice but if you're alert and keep track of things you can come up with the best answer they're looking for easily.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - give me a description based on resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective (Blue Bell, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Frustrating. Pricespective certainly is one of the fastest growing bio consulting firms, but some of the directors and senior consultants are incompetent. I first had a 60 minute 1:1 fit and case interview with a VP. He was very nice and I had a very good perception of the company. I was invited to the second round and it was 2 1:1 60 minute fit and case interview. This is the problem. The senior consultant who gave me the case was very unorganized and he even gave me the wrong numbers. While I was doing case A, he gave me figures from case B. The whole interview was just ruined by this one senior consultant. Then I had a second case interview with the director. She was really sarcastic.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PriceSpective (Blue Bell, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Despite what sounded like an urgent need to fill a vacancy, they took a long time to get it together. Typical interview process - phone screen, on site, second on site, offer. Work-life balance was promoted as being "reasonable", but the folks out doing the heaving lifting looked terrified every time I walked by. Bad vibe all around.

Interview Questions

They didn't seem to know what they were looking for nor was there a clear career track. The company has been around for quite a while now and they've had the same number of partners almost since the beginning...no one has been promoted. Seems like a sweat shop. Also, one of the people (I think she was a director even) was really sarcastic in the interview - her behavior made me think of high school and not a professional services firm. Salary amount was reasonable, but I got a sense that work life balance would be bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PriceSpective (Blue Bell, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st round 1:1 with HR to go over resume 2nd round 1:1 with director level or above to see if they want to bring you in 3rd round 4 1:1 interviews lasting approximately 30 minutes and a 30 minute case presentation to the group that dealt with value strategy

Interview Questions

• Given certain information, you have to figure out if buying a drug portfolio is a good investment.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PriceSpective (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Following an informative phone screen, I was invited into the office for a 4+ hour series of 1:1 interviews and a case study review/presentation. I was extremely impressed with the qualifications, personalities and general feel of the company and office environment.

Interview Questions

• The case study was difficult as it includes a detailed analysis of scientific information, financial graphs and requires the respondent to present to a group of people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate as the offer was fair and met my indicated salary range. Compensation included all the important points. Salary + Bonus, 401k, health and dental, plus a great vacation/holiday package.