Priceline.com Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.5

Senior Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Priceline.com.

Video if remote. half a day of in person. Not very challenging. But brings out the personality in general. A decision is mostly made right after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • IT/Programming concepts pertaining to parallelism, scaling sizing etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Priceline.com.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was asked to come in at the end of the call. I met with a manager, director and SVP of Finance. Interviews were easy, about 20 minutes long with each person, but I was also very prepared with information about the company and the role (I did a similar role prior to the interview).

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Priceline.com in January 2015.

Apply- wait 3 months. Then phone Interview with recruiter, wait a week, phone interview with team, wait 2 weeks, in person interview, wait 2 weeks, job offer- extensive background check.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of design work i was currently working on, how much experience i have with html and css, how well i work in a team - a few situational questions designed to see if you ask for help when its needed and if you're willing to learn new things.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2014.

I had a pre screening phone call from hr asking about the company and my salary requirements. then I had a technical interview on phone with a senior software engineer (related to Java). I was called onsite and I had 2-3 rounds of interview both technical and hr. Interview process was good. Team was very encouraging.After the interview I did send a follow up mail 2 times asking about their decision. Neither the team members nor the hr responded. I don't ask them to respond for each and every candidate they interview( considering their busy time). But I feel it's good to respond at least to a candidate who comes for an onsite interview and interviews for half a day. Let the candidate know if they did not make it.

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Priceline.com in November 2014.

I met the recruiting team at the campus career fair. HR seemed particularly interested in my potential fit for this role as they had asked when I was available for an in-person interview. Nearly two months later, I received an email from a Senior Recruiter to set up an introductory phone interview. The second interview was set up for the next week with a VP. When he missed the interview, I had reached out to HR, but the original recruiter never contacted me. Another HR representative reached out reschedule the interview for the next week. The day of my interview, I received a text message from the interviewer asking if it was ok to again, reschedule due to a family emergency. I finally had the interview, but there was something very off. It came off as if the interviewer had not seen my resume. In addition, he had mentioned that he was standing outside because it was noisy inside. From the start of the interview, I could hear the wind rustling in the background. At one point it sounded like I was on mute. And when the interview was over, the interviewer somehow was at the train station as he said that he was hoping on a train to the NYC office. He told me that he would sleep on his decision and that he would get back to me on Friday afternoon regarding next steps. Surprisingly, I never heard back and after reaching out to HR once again to find out what exactly was going on, it seemed like HR was unaware and after that call, I gave up.

The entire interview process came off as unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic background and related experience questions.   Answer Question

NOC Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Priceline.com in November 2014.

Great interview, very light and informal yet informative and challenging. Job specific questions were asked however not very technical. Three separate interviewers, an HR representative followed by the NOC manager and ending with the Senior Director of operations. All three individuals were very nice and a pleasure to interview with.

Interview Questions
    • What do you enjoy most about working in a NOC environment   View Answer

Salary wasn't where I needed it to be, company unwilling to raise number.

Priceline.com Response

Feb 3, 2015Senior Recruiter

We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience. Despite us not being able to come together on compensation, we do value your providing feedback. Best of luck!

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Priceline.com.

Weird hiring process...took a long time between interviews. HR didn't reach back out. I didn't interview for the job I applied for but one the recruiter felt was a good fit (it wasn't ). Hiring manger wanted to Skype interview. Which was strange, I don't live that far away. So I did it. They aren't big on tele commuting. No one has cubes or offices. Sounds like they run very lean so a lot of questions geared towards can you handle a large work load.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Priceline.com in October 2014.

I applied online. After a week I got an email from hiring manager to set up a Phone interview with 3 of their software engineers within a week. They started with asking question related to my past projects, what was my biggest challenge while developing them etc. and then they gave me 2 mins to see their website and I need to tell them that what changes I can do or what more I can add to their website to make it more effective. Thenceforth, the technical questions: what is the difference between frame and iframe, what is the mother of all the class in java, what DML and UDL and questions to improve their website. I did pretty well in the interview. I gave almost all the answers at the best I can. There is no response from their side after an interview.

Interview Questions
    • HR told me that interviewers will ask me questions related to only java, so, I was prepared for java but it was unexpected that they asked me question from every where like HTML, CSS, Database and Java.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Manager Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Priceline.com in July 2014.

Interviewed with hiring manager using skype. He was very dry and bored with the interview process. When his question did not come through clear due to audible complications I asked him to repeat his question and got a rude reply in a monotone manner. I interviewed the day before writing this post so don't know the outcome of the interview. But if asked to come back for in person meeting I would decline due to not wanting to work with this person

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Priceline.com in May 2014.

I had applied for ETL position in early May and could find the job responsibility very exciting.
    Initial round started with phonic discussion which went through a healthy discussion and i was looking forward to meet the team and have face to face interview done.
    Iwas not local to the place being available in other city which was too far and commute time was spending a day in transit, so seeked company sponsorship to have ease of commute but unfortunately declined by company as they have sponsoring criteria only for opposite Coast of Globe.

I was called upon and had first round was being interviewed by 4 project representative and it went good where i was provided laptop and asked to implement x different things irrelavant to actual reallife process.

Then it was followed by HR which was pleasingly good.

Interview Questions
    • Then came the most untidy round where in senior lead chipped in giving self introduction showcasing rudely of having expert level experience in almost all IT technologies. I was asked all irrelevant question , be it personal and behaviorual with absurd categories of architect level out of scope /unexpected question which lasted for appx 60+ min leaving me exhausted and lost interest in what i was actually looking for.
      A couple of my counter question were taken very rudely as if i was offending Babu's ego against his commitment to not reveal certain company/project levels details.

I was at last verbally told that the company usually goes out with 1 open position in 2 or 3 years and it was normal policy to regress 100 odd guys for single position to choose appropriate candidate, to which i still personally feel is a kind of stress test, showcasing the level of flexibility and freedom to be provided to employees by senior management.

With all of above stress and hardest commute of my life to appear for such interview was toughest experience and my recommendation for anyone would be not to appear for one job which is listed on companies website for decades as these guys seems to be really not interested in hiring but have intent of some internal benefits.

Answer Question

Senior leadership under which project was aligned and who took my interview seemed to be over qualified to work with considering the ego and temper to delegate entire world to my footstep.

My decision was not supporing Mindset of leader