Priceline.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on online and contacted by hr. After a general phone call and talked with the hiring manager, went to the office for a case interview. Then NEVER heard back from them, no reply to emails or phone calls

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com in January 2015.

Interview

Applied and about a week later called by recruiter. Immediately was scheduled for phone screening. Phone screening only seemed to go so-so and assumed it would be over since it took a week to hear anything. Went in for interview, met with five people. Went either well or poorly - real diverse group to meet with functionality and personality-wise. And then I heard nothing for four weeks and after taking a day off work to meet with five people they sent an email instead of calling. Based on the process I assume they are totally understaffed to be hiring as much as they are and if they take this long to get back to people they might lose candidates to whom they do want to offer jobs.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Involved a Google Hangout with a developer. Was asked to do a live jsfiddle using jQuery. After the video screen, came in and met with other developers and an Engineering Manager.

Interview Questions

• What does a modulo operator do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate salary slightly.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

WHAT EVER THE POSITION SAYS , THEY WILL TEST YOU IN ALL THE FIELDS - FRONT END, MIDDLE TIER, BACKEND. I guess I had a bad luck or a bad day, I got a call for phone screening via employee referral where I impressed the interviewer with my Java Collections knowledge plus the eagerness to learn as I had learned R-Programming on my own. I was given a onsite call immediately. I was told about the new backend team for which they are hiring. Considering this I prepared my self accordingly. I was assigned 5 rounds of interviews. 1st round - Complete front end with some rude guys who doesn't want anything on your resume unless you are paid for it(knowledge does not matter according to him) 2nd round - Networking - out of now where.. which made me blank & my moral down. Now the funny thing is, HR is not able to track other 3 interviewers this was the scenario that day. These guys were supposed to be backend guys which I was good at & no onw shows up. Some random guy comes in asks me about HashMap & database structure as the third round which went well. Later the HR come & says you are Done! lol.. I was like what,... this day couldn't be any worse. So I think if the interviewers weren't available for the day, they should have rescheduled my interview. Plus they should change the name of the position to Full Stack Developer. That day went on to be one of the worst day of my life.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter contacted via email. They did a phone screen but they didn't really do the right job in terms of figuring out what my Javascript level is. After the friendly but non-technical "tech screen" they asked for an on-site. The entire job is about Javascript. During the in person interview they mentioned they have a "new stack" that's based off of node.js and angular, in a move away from JSP. It wasn't the most professional way to do things since I had to use PTO in order to go in person, when they could have determined my JS level over the phone. If you have node.js on your resume they'll grill you on node and if you have angular, then they'll ask about that. Overall if you put a price on your PTO, and you don't get the offer, then you're paying out of pocket for the experience even though they could have done a better job on the technical phone screen.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter at Priceline.com in order to set up a phone interview because my qualifications met the job description. She had contacted by voicemail as well as by email. I responded to this request within 1 hour, by phone and email, but I never heard from the recruiter again. Nothing. No response. What kind of people are running this operation? Have they no regard for people? What kind of company would have these type of people on their team?

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter leading to a Google Hangouts Video chat with Lead Developer. He had me go through a rather creative exercise that started out simple, create a list of items in HTML then added complexity by having me manipulate the items with JS and jQuery. I got through this alright then waited a while before being offered an in person interview with their Norwalk office. In person interview consisted of meeting with the recruiter and discussing the role and my past experience then moving on to a multi-person panel of Lead Developers who "tested" my knowledge of JS with a printed sheet of poorly written trick questions designed to mislead and embarrass the reader. If only I had brought my typewriter... I was not given a practical test the way the first developer did in the Hangouts interview which would have been a better representation of how I use my tools, reference materials, and technologies to produce working code and not memorize minutiae. Had I been allowed to use my laptop to solve the questions, I might have been made an offer as I felt the rest of the interview process went very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you met a challenge that was difficult for you and how you overcame that issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Forget where I submit my resume, got a call from the HR Manager. Followed up with 1 hours phone interview with the hiring manager after one week, then came to office for onsite group interview with the team and 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. The whole interview process went very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Some tech questions in front end web development, java, javascript, css etc.., MVC pattern and the recommendations to current Priceline.com website, most questions are open questions, no algorithm, in general, not very hard interview, just tell what you know and think   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

I first took two phone interviews with hiring managers, one two turns onsite interview, each one for one hour with the hiring manager and their technical engineer. They asked Java, OOD questions, you work experiences, and ask some small technical problems to you for solution. I think if it is time they are hiring people, it is easy for interviewee to get offer. The people are friendly and introduced their projects and work environment to you. The company is very good, open space, and excellent green card police for foreign worker visa holder like H1b.

Interview Questions

• How the out of stack memory, out of heap memory, out of CPU error happened?   1 Answer

Negotiation

smoothy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I interviewed here more than once. Initially , it is the recruiter call checking on your background and telling you how critical Java is to the company, how it is a core java shop blah blah. Then there is a tech phone screen. I passed both the times. Same questions (both the years were over 3 years apart...java has evolved but the interviewers questions didn't seem to have :-) ). Then they give you a test to code and bring for the in-person interview. The same ChutesAndLadders game. The recruiter will tell you play with it, enjoy it and show off your skills. The interviewers will ask you why did you unnecessarily do this or why was that necessary (you were showing off your skills though, right ?). Inperson is boring, same questions - They will probably give you a computer and ask you to code small loops etc. Nothing major.

Interview Questions

• Priceline recruiters tend to boast about knowledge in threading and serialization so the interview is fairly standard - 1 )threading (synchronization, thread starvation etc) , 2) serialization questions (emphasis on serialVersionUId) and 3) they asked me this question both the times (3 years apart) - working of hashMap (basically covering hashCode and equals() method).   1 Answer