Priceline.com Senior Java Developer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2011.

Phone interview : Had simple java, some database, Javascript questions.Cleared the phone interview then was called in person.

In Person interview : Questions were asked about architecture like Explain the architecture of your company operations. I told the we had a operations team to do that. But they were more interested in the servers and how they are deployed.

then some questions were: 1. What is thrashing? 2. How to tune database? 3. How does hashing work? 4. What is the serial id , why is it needed? 5. Serialization and Externalization 6. Why to Synchronize 7.What is process and multithreading 8. Why wud u need an abstract class ? 9. why do u need to override equals with hashcode()

Later had UI team to interview: 1.Write a program to display Buzz for 3 times value and Fizz for 5 times value for 1 to 100
2. Later they asked some normal td tr questions and I insisted that we use divs now a days. So advantages to use divs over td trs.
3. Validations in Struts
4. How to make the page load fast and many other simple questions

Interview Questions
  • Architecture of your current company ? Where are the service beans and UI servers. How are the servers maintained? How to detect the exceptions which don't affect the system , but are yet in the log   Answer Question

Worked for Priceline.com? Contribute to the Community!