Priceline.com Senior Java Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Senior Java Developer (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Regional Revenue Manager (1)
- Hotel Operations Manager (1)
- Front-End Engineer (1)
- Mobile Software Engineer (1)
- Vice President of Xxx (1)
- Online Marketing Manager Analytics (1)
- Associate Software Engineer (1)
- Internship (1)
Senior Java Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2011.
In Person interview : Questions were asked about architecture like Explain the architecture of your company operations. I told the we had a operations team to do that. But they were more interested in the servers and how they are deployed.
then some questions were: 1. What is thrashing? 2. How to tune database? 3. How does hashing work? 4. What is the serial id , why is it needed? 5. Serialization and Externalization 6. Why to Synchronize 7.What is process and multithreading 8. Why wud u need an abstract class ? 9. why do u need to override equals with hashcode()
Later had UI team to interview: 1.Write a program to display Buzz for 3 times value and Fizz for 5 times value for 1 to 100
2. Later they asked some normal td tr questions and I insisted that we use divs now a days. So advantages to use divs over td trs.
3. Validations in Struts
4. How to make the page load fast and many other simple questions
Interview Question – Architecture of your current company ? Where are the service beans and UI servers. How are the servers maintained? How to detect the exceptions which don't affect the system , but are yet in the log Answer Question