Priceline.com Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Priceline.com in May 2014.

I had applied for ETL position in early May and could find the job responsibility very exciting.
Initial round started with phonic discussion which went through a healthy discussion and i was looking forward to meet the team and have face to face interview done.
Iwas not local to the place being available in other city which was too far and commute time was spending a day in transit, so seeked company sponsorship to have ease of commute but unfortunately declined by company as they have sponsoring criteria only for opposite Coast of Globe.

I was called upon and had first round was being interviewed by 4 project representative and it went good where i was provided laptop and asked to implement x different things irrelavant to actual reallife process.

Then it was followed by HR which was pleasingly good.

Interview Questions
  • Then came the most untidy round where in senior lead chipped in giving self introduction showcasing rudely of having expert level experience in almost all IT technologies. I was asked all irrelevant question , be it personal and behaviorual with absurd categories of architect level out of scope /unexpected question which lasted for appx 60+ min leaving me exhausted and lost interest in what i was actually looking for.
    A couple of my counter question were taken very rudely as if i was offending Babu's ego against his commitment to not reveal certain company/project levels details.

I was at last verbally told that the company usually goes out with 1 open position in 2 or 3 years and it was normal policy to regress 100 odd guys for single position to choose appropriate candidate, to which i still personally feel is a kind of stress test, showcasing the level of flexibility and freedom to be provided to employees by senior management.

With all of above stress and hardest commute of my life to appear for such interview was toughest experience and my recommendation for anyone would be not to appear for one job which is listed on companies website for decades as these guys seems to be really not interested in hiring but have intent of some internal benefits.
      Answer Question

Senior leadership under which project was aligned and who took my interview seemed to be over qualified to work with considering the ego and temper to delegate entire world to my footstep.

My decision was not supporing Mindset of leader

Other Interview Reviews for Priceline.com

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Priceline.com in October 2012.

Fairly simple interviews, I had 3. 2 on the phone, and 1 in person. The first phone interview was with their HR, it only lasted 5 minutes and he scheduled the follow up technical phone interview while we were on the phone. All he was interested in was my past experience. He also asked for my current pay and desired range (I lied about my current pay and shot myself in the foot here, dont do that).

The second interview was also quite easy, I interviewed with a lead developer who asked about a few sites I built in the past. He wanted details on how we did it , how long it took, and what technologies we used. I heard back about a final interview within an hour after the call.

The third/final interview was an in-person. It started off with 20 minutes with the HR guy, then 45 minutes - 1 hour with two developers. They were quite friendly and asked a series of questions to test my skillset and knowledge. There was a whiteboard with the classic "fizzbuzz" test written at the top but I was not asked to take it. The next step was 3 managers, they were more interested in my experience / goals. Lastly they brought in the CTO and I met with him for another 20 minutes. Extremely friendly guy, and quite the visionary. I'm sure he would be a great guy to work for.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt have to do it but the FizzBuzz seems to be their standard test.   View Answer
    • How would you improve our site?   View Answer

I lied about my previous salary (come on, who doesn't?), they requested paycheck stubs and caught me in that lie. What a shame, I would've been a great employee for them and was hoping to work there very long term.

Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Priceline.com in January 2012.

Got call from recruiter. Started with a phone interview which was very simple with basic questions about DHTML, Java and Struts and was called for face2face interview in Norwalk. Started with the HR interview with questions like 'why you are leaving?', 'What do u know abt priceline' and went on for about an hour. Then the Director of the group came in for a interview and asked me to explain what I was doing in my previous company and he explained the position details. Then the technical interview for couple of hours. Overall I thought I did pretty well, but for some reason I din get through.

Interview Questions
    • if there are multiple web servers how do consecutive user requests get the session info?   View Answer

Worked for Priceline.com? Contribute to the Community!