Primark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Rockville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Primark in September 2010.

Interview Details – interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Trainee Manager Interview

Trainee Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email inviting me to an interview approx 1 week later. There was a group interview where you were asked to put a list of items into order of importance. During this the interviewers watched and took notes on you. You then had a one-to-one interview where you went through your CV and described previous jobs. Then you were asked simple questions about the company. Then you had to answer around 4 competency questions - these were extremely detailed.

Interview Question – Can you tell us about a time when you used your initiative / team work / communication etc   Answer Question

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email about an interview at 3 days later, interview was fairly straight forward. Who are primarks main competitors, what is good customer service, how would you deal with an upset customer etc. Interviewer was lovely explained all the process and wages to me, I also stated I had a holiday booked and she was very reassuring about it.

Interview Question – Explain in detail a time when you have delivered good customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asks what shifts you are able to do, ranges from 4 hours to 40 hours per week

Retail Assistant Interview

Retail Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Primark in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email to choose an interview spot. I had an uninterested interviewer, obviously just waiting to get back to work. Interview was interrupted a few times and once I reviewed the application that was filled out real time, I noticed a couple of mistakes. Otherwise the interview is your standard competency and skills based questions.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an upset customer?   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Primark.

Interview Details – You must apply online, they will get in touch with you usually within 2 weeks whether you were successful for interview or not (don't worry if you are not invited the company keeps hold of information and some people get called for interview up to 6 months later), if you get interview great do a little research and interview can last upto 1 hour, dress smart and be yourself as although it is a job interview everybody is friendly and down to earth so relax and you will do fine.
Question 1 is about yourself

Question 2 is either what you know about the company or who are primarks competition and why

Question 3 why do you want to work at Primark

Question 4 what can you bring to Primark

Question 5 where do you see yourself in 5 years time

I am sure there are 1 or 2 more questions but very basic (I had the interview about 3 years ago with success). The main thing you need to remember is to be confident and open and you will do fine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions all very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just asked what shifts you are available for and they would do there best to give you a shift that suits you, they have many shifts available starting from 4 hours per week to 40 hours per week

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview.
Company's video
Ability tasks for the role
Interview face to face individually at the end

Interview Question – what would you do in the future to improve this role? (college, courses, etc)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's good only for the title. No experiece or teach the real job properly

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Primark.

Interview Details – Back in 2008 I applied via application form. Dropped the application on a Saturday, got a phone call the following Monday, interview Tuesday and started working on Thursday.

I guess they don't expect much from people to work as retail operative. You're either going to fold clothes and deal with customers that don't expect good customer service (once they're paying so cheap for their items), or you're going to work in the stockroom, in which case, you should know numbers to be able to separate stock by department. That's their mentality towards hiring someone. If you can speak the bare minimum english, you're in.

Interview Question – The ''most difficult'' question was: Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do? I can't really remember any other question from that interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered the job and the terms were ok at the time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Primark in April 2013.

Interview Details – I handed my CV in directly to the company store however I think they are recruiting online too. Do both to be secure. Make sure you hand it to a manager.
The interview was about 20 minutes where they ask you questions such as 'what is your positive and negative experience with a customer?' 'What can/will you bring to primark?' 'what current fashions are out?'

Interview Question – I think the question to explore and practice is what can you bring to primark? what are your qualities. At this point, you should know what are your strengths and weaknesses. what motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can start asap and there are lots of opportunities to pick up overtime. however employees are not allowed over 39 hours a week

Retail Operative

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Primark in October 2013.

Interview Details – They were very friendly and mostly willing to accommodate me and what I needed. Considering that I went in just to ask about a phone call to then suddenly going into an interview , it was fairly easy and the questions simple enough. They were willing to take me on with no retail experience at all and were willing to train me even though I never was trained to work the till in the weeks I was there.

Interview Question – Not really any , pretty straight forward. Just make sure to show an interest in fashion and the company as you will be asked if or example who do you think is our biggest competition?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much, they didn't ask as they hadn't sorted out contract hours yet and it wasn't until induction that I was given my hours.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Primark in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and they got back to me after 3 months with a job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Primark?. their questions are very easy so no worries.   Answer Question

Worked for Primark? Contribute to the Community!