Primark Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Primark (Rockville, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Primark (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and afterwards there was a 15 mins assessment to fill in. Was offered interview about 2 weeks after I applied, via email. On the interview day I reported to customer services and one of the staff led me into the canteen to wait. Was called for interview few mins later. Lovely lady easy to talk to. Most of q's were:

Tell me a time when you gave exceptional customer service?

Rate your communication skills 1 to 10 (10 as best) and why do you think you have excellent communication skills?

What do you think is needed for exceptional communication skills?

Tell a time where you performed very well in your previous jobs?

Interviewer then Talked about salary, uniform, hours I can/cannot work, what the role involves.

And asked for any q's I may have.

Interview Questions

• Went through my CV and asked questions about my education and employment history.   1 Answer
    • Who are the competitors?   1 Answer
    • As a customer what do you like about Primark and which departments would u shop in?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Primark.

Interview

applied online. after completing my profile, i was asked to take an online assessment. the assessment must be finished in 15 min. i passed the assessment. the HR people called me for an interview 2 days after my application.

Interview Questions

• who r the competitor of primark? give me an example when you gave excellent customer service ?   Answer Question

Weekend Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Primark.

Interview

The interview lasts about an hour. It is easy to prepare for if you Google questions and know everything by heart with examples. Focus on team work, customer service, working individually, main competitors, using charisma, hitting sales etc. Examples are the most important part as they show that you can do these things already.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grays, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Primark (Grays, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer seemed nice and shook my hand. I was asked to tell him about my previous retail experience and the duties that were involved, was also asked about my avilability. The interviewer then told me on what was required for me to do,the hourly rate and the uniform that is expected.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is good customer service?   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Primark (Birkenhead, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Part time - applied online, completed questionnaire on the primark site. Was emailed a few days later saying I have been successful and that they would like to invite me to an interview in store. Went to the interview, was quite possibly one of, if not the best interview I have ever had. It was with the manager of the store, she was nice, it was mostly copetency based questions on my past experiences and things. We seemed to get on well, lots of chatting about past things and joking around. Both left the interview with smiles on our faces. A day later! 1 day.. Received another email from primark informing me that they would like to offer me a position of employment within the store. I have an induction day on Friday, which is just showing me the ropes and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you have gone beyond what was expected of you for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not sure yet as I have an induction day this week.

Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primark (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very formal...i applied for the job on line then within 45 minutes they rang me and asked if i could go for an interview on the monday.
    The interview itself was very easy,the manager made me feel at ease..

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online the next day got an email to pick a date for an interview. I went to the Primark on Oxford Street, and it was really busy at the time I went (it always is anyway) then I was to wait in the room for about 5 mins. the interview was easy, the manager seemed really nice and smiley. She asked the same generic questions and I thought I answered them quiet ok. I didn't really get a chance to show of my personality maybe thats why I didn't get an offer. But its Primark so I would I don't see why they would care.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I delivered excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, and after filling out all the sections and the questionnaire I received an email about 2 weeks later offering an interview. It was a one to one interview with a manager and I talked about myself and why I would be suited to the job, I was asked the general questions about how I've been helpful in a team etc. The interview lasted around 10-15 minutes and after that I just left. It took about 2 weeks and I got a reply offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time in which you helped someone, what was there issue and how did you help them?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have been in charge of a situation?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and after filling out all the sections and the questionnaire I received an email about 2 weeks later offering an interview (usually i get an email saying for every position i apply that i am unsuccessful but this one for some reason it went in :S?!). as it seemed on the phone she wanted more candidates. I went for one to one interview with a manager (but i waited in the canteen for like more than 15 minutes :o because i was the last person. and i knew iwas last because i said on the phone that i cant come for interview at 11am and she offered me at 3:30 which i accepted. so i had 2 interviews within same day thats why) and I talked about general questions.

and by the way. the room was like HELL omfg they turned the heater way upp which made me sweat when i was answering the question :O but i did try my best.

The interview lasted around 15-20 minutes and after that I just left.

the question i was asked that was on the paper i think (because she was reading it from a paper and writing my answer on the box provided)

1-Why primark?
    2-What are the main Primarks Competitors?
    3-What would you think of Primark as a customer?
    4-Tell me about a difficult situation and how you asked others for help?
    etc

Interview Questions

• Did you do any presentations at either school or college?   1 Answer