Primark

2.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Primark in September 2010.

interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

No negotiation

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primark.

Everyone who was interviewed got offered a job. A few questions:
    Why do you want to work for us,
    Why did you apply,
    What's you're greatest challenge yet,
    It was the easiest interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions
    • What's the greatest challenge you've had to date?   View Answer

Retail Operative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Primark.

quick and easy. it was like a quick fire round of questions that went by really quickly. questions were about teamwork and personality and they wanted you to know who their most notable competitors were. was offered the job on the spot

Sales Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Green, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Green, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Primark in November 2014.

applied online in september, i was invited for an interview couple days after but my interview didnt take place as i did not not have a proof of Right to Work In UK.

took a month to apply for BRP (Biometric Residence permit), then i emailed the recruitment team at Wood Green store so they invited me for another interview on MONDAY 03 NOVEMBER 2014

Interview Questions
    • questions was not difficult as it was the same questions i rehearsed at home.

Tell me about yourself
      why work for Primark
      what would you think of Primark as a customer
      tell me a time where you worked as a team
      in a scale of 1 to 9 how good is your communication skills
        View Answer

Sales Floor (Christmas/Xmas Temp) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Primark in November 2014.

It's a group interview which took me by (an unpleasant) surprise when I walked into the room. After the usual photocopying of documents (NB: for some unexplained reason, you must now provide your birth certificate - not sure if it has to be the original or if a copy is also acceptable. Every other interview I've had, for Primark or otherwise, merely a passport was essential but for Primark, you now need both), the interviewer explained the structure of the group interview.

First you watch a DVD about Primark, then you do the icebreaker with the person/s sitting next to you. This is followed by a questionnaire (presumably to do with your shift pattern availability, as a list of shifts were on a whiteboard in the room) and finally, you do a group exercise. I noticed a sheet of paper with "£8" written on it, so I presume that the exercise might involve guessing which price is applicable to different types of clothing.

Christmas Temp Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Primark in November 2014.

I was called for an interview on a Friday and the HR manager was very friendly and made me feel very at ease. She asked some basic, routine questions that I was prepared for because I had googled Primark interview questions and came upon this site, which enabled me to enter the interview well prepared. I answered the questions confidently and I felt confident when I left the interview and knew I had gotten the job. I was called first thing on Monday morning with an offer of a 20 hour contract. I was so happy because, although I have experience working within the retail industry, I don't have any previous experience working in the UK and I felt like the HR manager saw my potential and gave me a chance. I am very grateful to Primark for giving me the opportunity to show my skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question, which I knew was coming, but it's good to be aware of before you go in. "Who would you say are Primark's biggest competitors?" Do your research on this question.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation nessecary because I was happy with the wages offered.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Primark.

Arrived 10 minutes early and was put in the canteen
    The woman who interviewed me made me feel very relaxed and made good conversation before an during the interview so it wasn't as intense.
    Was asked about times when I have had to make a tough decision, hobbies, when I've had to explain something in detail to somebody.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Primark in October 2014.

Emailed to tell me that I had an interview and was rung to confirm a date and time. On the day I went to the upstairs customer services and was given a slip with my name and brought to meet the person interviewing me. I had to wait a while in the lunch room as she hadn't been informed that I was there but she apologised and was really nice and friendly. The interview started off with confirming my name and the position and hours that I had applied for. Then I was asked about any previous experience in retail, which I had some voluntary experience in charity shops. I was asked questions such as the hardest situation I had to deal with, how I dealt with it, when I worked well as a team, when I gave good customer service, why I wanted to work at Primark and what their biggest competitor was and why.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question that I was asked was, when would you say you have given a high-quality service?   Answer Question

Retail Operative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Primark in October 2014.

Applied for the job online, long and detailed process but nothing too difficult. Was then accepted for an interview a few days later as the position closing date was nearby. I had a lovely & easy interview. After the interview I was phoned with my job offer and the hours I would receive. I then had a 2 day induction to introduce me to the job.

Interview Questions
    • 4 questions relating to your personal experiences and how you would deal with situations.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Primark in October 2014.

I applied for the position online and filled out the questionnaire. Received an invitation for an interview less than a week later. The interview was one on one and the lady asked me about my availability and then asked about my most recent employment. She asked me who Primark's competitors were, I said Peacocks, BHS and Asda (googled the question before I went in for my interview) and why I wanted to work for Primark. Afterwards, she asked me competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • The first question was to give an example of when I delivered good customer experience, an example of when I was under pressure and had to get other people to help me (something like that), tell me about a role/position you've held where you have had to speak to people face to face and communicate with them clearly, tell me about a time where you've had to quality check your work to make sure it was up to a good standard. She told me I would hear back within 10 days or sooner, and the next day I received an email saying I passed the interview.   Answer Question