Primark Interview Questions

2.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Primark in September 2010.

interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

No negotiation

Retail Assistant/Stockroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marble Arch, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Arch, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Primark in September 2014.

applied online, took couple weeks. their system is a bit messy as they were keep sending me interview reminder before receiving the actual interview email. had to contact them to send me an email.

finally booked my interview after 2 weeks of dispute
    waited for 30 min at customers services then i was taken to the training room where interviews take place.

along with another guy, so 2 interviews in one room.

Interview Questions
    • why work for Primark?
      Primark competitors?
      explain when you work in a team?
      explain how you dealt with difficult customer
      explain a time you used excellent communicatio
        View Answer
    i am still waiting for decision

Retail Operative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark.

Applied through the online system at beginning of August and received a phone call inviting me to an interview 2 weeks later.

The interview was very relaxed and quite open. The interviewer asked basic questions such as "tell me about a time you worked well within a team" and "why do you want to work for Primark", but the majority of the interview was an open flow conversation where I felt the interviewer was really trying to get to know me as a person. I was offered a position at the end of the interview and was invited for an induction the following week.

Retail Operative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark.

Applied and was emailed 5 days later with an interview slot for one week later. Interview was one-to-one. It included a question about a time working in a team when a member of the team has been holding everybody else back or words to that effect, a question about my experience giving presentations, a time where I've given good customer service, who are Primark's main competitors (no detail needed). They do not ask what you know about Primark but give their own information about the company at the end of the interview and they ask why you applied to Primark. During the interview there were 3 competency based questions (outlined above). However, it seemed as though the interviewer was able to choose between three options for each question so these could easily vary for each person. I left the interview and was told I'd hear back within a few days, was called within one hour of the interview and asked to start the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you have worked within a team and a member of the team has been holding everybody back   Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2014.

Applied online. Received an email inviting me to an interview approx 1 week later. There was a group interview where you were asked to put a list of items into order of importance. During this the interviewers watched and took notes on you. You then had a one-to-one interview where you went through your CV and described previous jobs. Then you were asked simple questions about the company. Then you had to answer around 4 competency questions - these were extremely detailed.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a time when you used your initiative / team work / communication etc   Answer Question

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2014.

Applied online, received an email about an interview at 3 days later, interview was fairly straight forward. Who are primarks main competitors, what is good customer service, how would you deal with an upset customer etc. Interviewer was lovely explained all the process and wages to me, I also stated I had a holiday booked and she was very reassuring about it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail a time when you have delivered good customer service   Answer Question
    Asks what shifts you are able to do, ranges from 4 hours to 40 hours per week

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Primark in March 2014.

Applied online and received an email to choose an interview spot. I had an uninterested interviewer, obviously just waiting to get back to work. Interview was interrupted a few times and once I reviewed the application that was filled out real time, I noticed a couple of mistakes. Otherwise the interview is your standard competency and skills based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an upset customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Primark.

You must apply online, they will get in touch with you usually within 2 weeks whether you were successful for interview or not (don't worry if you are not invited the company keeps hold of information and some people get called for interview up to 6 months later), if you get interview great do a little research and interview can last upto 1 hour, dress smart and be yourself as although it is a job interview everybody is friendly and down to earth so relax and you will do fine.
    Question 1 is about yourself

Question 2 is either what you know about the company or who are primarks competition and why

Question 3 why do you want to work at Primark

Question 4 what can you bring to Primark

Question 5 where do you see yourself in 5 years time

I am sure there are 1 or 2 more questions but very basic (I had the interview about 3 years ago with success). The main thing you need to remember is to be confident and open and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    They just asked what shifts you are available for and they would do there best to give you a shift that suits you, they have many shifts available starting from 4 hours per week to 40 hours per week

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primark in June 2013.

Group interview.
    Company's video
    Ability tasks for the role
    Interview face to face individually at the end

Interview Questions
    • what would you do in the future to improve this role? (college, courses, etc)   View Answer
    It's good only for the title. No experiece or teach the real job properly

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Primark.

Back in 2008 I applied via application form. Dropped the application on a Saturday, got a phone call the following Monday, interview Tuesday and started working on Thursday.

I guess they don't expect much from people to work as retail operative. You're either going to fold clothes and deal with customers that don't expect good customer service (once they're paying so cheap for their items), or you're going to work in the stockroom, in which case, you should know numbers to be able to separate stock by department. That's their mentality towards hiring someone. If you can speak the bare minimum english, you're in.

Interview Questions
    • The ''most difficult'' question was: Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do? I can't really remember any other question from that interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered the job and the terms were ok at the time.

Worked for Primark? Contribute to the Community!