Prime Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prime

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prime.

Interview

Very short interview process. They will not disclose pay prior to offer. Everything is incentive so they will not guarantee any pay. They tell you that prime is very flat and there is no career development. They allow you to job shadow but the person normally is not expecting you and it's hard to know what the job is really like.

Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Prime in February 2015.

Interview

Extremely lengthy process and not fluid at all. Start to finish was about 4 months. Human Resources was very last minute on things and did not communicate with supervisors in regards to start date or with interviewee. There was a phone interview that was mostly behavioral in nature, then an in person interview with a panel of two managers and HR, then a second interview with the senior management. Finally a job offer about three weeks later. Then the drug test and background checks. I started approximately 6 weeks after the job offer.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

It went very fast and very good. The people doing the interview were very nice and asked very detailed questions as well as I did. I was prepared for what I was about to get into when I went to operations. It was right in target. N

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It went good I just asked a lot of questions

OTR Interview

Interview

its a week process $100 entry fee and extensive background check physical paperwork be honest on all paperwork will be sent home if discrepancies are found will leave with a trainer for 3 weeks then come back to yard to test for cdl then run 2 months with a trainer before you get your own truck assignment

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO).

Interview

When asked what the career path for a broker was, I was told by the interviewer that she didn't know what I meant. When I explained it to her she said there was no chance of getting promoted into management positions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a three part interview process beginning with a phone interview, an HR interview, and finally an interview with the company executives. They scheduled the interviews a few days apart, and the first two sets of interviews were general character tests, while the third was more technical and knowledge based.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about work ethic and and previous industry experience.   Answer Question

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview to start followed by a month of document gathering. Greyhound bus to the campus then about four days of drug tests, physicals, background checks, computer terminal tests, simulator driving and pre trip practice before about 2 weeks of student driving followed by a pre trip/ backing/ road skills CDL exam and about 3 months of team driving with a trainer. The training process was long, the training department didn't make any exceptions to the process and the trainers were not very flexible but that is what is needed in order to train drivers. After I was employed, it took about 3 months to get started with any sizable income.

Interview Questions

• Verifiable background and driving record.   1 Answer

Cmv Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

long exstreamly detailed straight forward no bs intensive strict and almost white glove I felt like not only I but my entire life was being reviewed and scrutinized. note to self if you have a record bad social media content any thing that affects you your job history your reputation your character forget applying here these people pull no puches your don't make the cut to be a prime driver easily. they truly are the best at what they do.

Interview Questions

• do you have any issues that would hinder your ablity to be a prime driver and meet load times and dot regulations   Answer Question

Negotiation

tell the what you want don't be afraid to be blunt and if you want a full size know you will be waiting and waiting and waiting . And if they don't bend walk away these people have all the time in the world.

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

Lots and lots of paperwork signed my name and ssn# about 200 times...no joke. After background check and driving record then it's the drug test. if all that checks out then it's hours of watching company propaganda and educational films...like load security sexual harassment and distracted driver among many other films most will have a test at the end. Then it's on to a simulator to see if you can actually drive without putting the general public at risk....it's actually pretty fun. Then it's on to the real thing driving a truck in a team situation. Total time involved is 5 days before you get behind the wheel.

Interview Questions

• A lot of people had issues with criminal history or driving history they want to know everything and if you don't disclose it they WILL find it then you are finding your own way back home. I didn't have these issues but watched a lot of people sit across the street some for days until they could figure out a way back home.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Orientation is 4 days and is basically a week long interview. There is an actual interview in this time that essentially just goes over your application, mvr, medical and criminal records. As long as your records match up to the information you gave, and you have nothing disqualifying, your hired. The other things they focus on are punctuality and your ability to follow direction. If you show up late and/or fail to do what your instructed to do, you will probably be sent home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None