Prime Wire Cable
Marketing Manager Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at Prime Wire Cable in June 2011.
This was the lengthiest interview process I've been through, which involved filling out a very extensive questionnaire -- mine wound up being over 2,000 words in length by the time I was finished. During the in-person interview we covered the same exact material that was on the questionnaire, and the way he talked about it, I had a feeling the hiring manager hadn't even read it.
Hiring manager said he really liked my skills and experience, and led me to believe an offer was forthcoming. The last time we talked, he said "I'll call you tomorrow." Then I never got the call. Then he stopped taking my calls. After three days of that, okay, I got the hint. I realize it's their prerogative to send (or not send) an offer, but after the effort they ask of a candidate (not to mention losing a day of my real job to go to their interview) the closing was extremely unprofessional.
BTW, their office looks like a garbage dump. It would have been extremely hard to work there on a daily basis!
- Please describe your marketing experience with major retailer/distributors. Which accounts and projects did you manage? Define “manage.” Answer Question
- Please describe your supervisory experience: number of direct/indirect reports. How many people did you manage and what were their titles/responsibilities? How large were each of your previous employers (annual sales dollars and staffing in your department)? Answer Question
- Describe how you managed projects from initiation through post-launch. Answer Question
- Describe how you monitored and analyzed marketing activities against goals. Answer Question
- Describe your role in planning and coordinating trade shows and other related business meetings. How did you handle the development of the booth, pre- and post-show communications, and booth management? Answer Question