Primera Engineers

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.7

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Enjoyable process. Started with a call from the HR. Just your standard HR questions that you find online. Then went on to talk to the head engineer. He was a nice guy and easy to talk to. Mostly talked about my experience and how it can benefit them. Much more technical than the first interview though. The last interview I had was with the two lead engineers for my division. This was a Skype interview and wasn't too difficult but they definitely are gauging how well you will fit into the office at this point. It was like having a mix of the HR interview and head engineer interview. Some technical questions and some personality. I got my offer letter the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Probably asking about why I want to work there. I'm not from Chicago so I had to convince them that I truly wanted to move out there and work for them.   Answer Question
    Still going through it but from what I've dealt with so far I'm sure they will make it enjoyable.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Excellent

Interview Questions
    I still dont know. in the process

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Primera Engineers.

Long and complex. Started with a group phone interview that was tough to manage as it was me and 6 people on a speaker phone. Then a half a day of interviews with the same several people. Then, another 2 hour interview with a consultant that they hire to assess your fit with their culture. Then another group interview, after which I was told they were 'not sure' they wanted to hire me. Another group interview where I gave a presentation. They then checked my references and told me that they would not make me an offer based on a negative reference. Upon calling this reference told me that it was not a negative reference and that the reference checker asked the same question several different ways. My reference felt that the reference checker was trying to determine if she was telling the truth or not and this had upset her. They asked her if she would rehire me and she said that she was retired and so that was a moot question, the interviewer took this to mean she would not but didn't clarify as such. Also, they contacted an old boss that I did not authorize them to contact and even he said he gave me a good reference. Point being, I believe I was denied the job because of factors other than my skill set and background, namely I'm female.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Primera Engineers in April 2013.

My interview experience with Primera was incredibly pleasant, start to finish. Their Talent Officer contacted me from my LinkedIn profile stating that Primera had a position available and she felt I would be a great fit. While I was not looking for a new job, I was intrigued. I had a list of initial questions about the opportunity as well as their expectations that may have put some potential employers off. Instead, she explained that she wanted me to get the answers I needed and set up a time for me to discuss my concerns directly with the COO. He called at the arranged time and was open and honest in his response to all of my questions. From there, we set up a time for me to come in and formally interview. I had a short interview with the Talent Officer and then met directly with the COO. Both were great experiences as they focused on asking good questions with genuine interest, rather than boilerplate and generic interview questions that yield boilerplate and generic responses.

I was asked to return again to meet with the President and an external consultant hired to gauge my fit with Primera's expectations and culture. My interview with the President was similar to the first two I had - pleasant, direct, and engaging. He, too, asked great questions with genuine interest. The consultant was extremely pleasant and easy to talk and work with. She explained her background, qualifications and her role in the process. This was my first time experiencing this type of interview, and I think it says a great deal about the company that Primera is. She, as an extension of Primera, was just as interested in my fit within the company as the company's fit for me and my career. They are looking beyond just a candidate's skill set, and I couldn't be more pleased to join a firm so interested in hiring the right people to maintain their culture and reputation.

The follow up and contact was quick, constant and appreciated. I needed time to update my resume and organize my portfolio and all involved were understanding and patient. The same applied when arranging my start date. I truly believe they went above and beyond in working with me so that the entire process was as painless as possible.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Primera Engineers.

Applied and within a couple weeks received invitation for phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral questions, strengths, weaknesses that kind of stuff. Details about work experience. After A week, second phone interview with hiring manager. Mostly verified information from HR interview prior.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Primera Engineers in June 2009.

Very professional interviewer. The person has been in the human resources profession for a long time. The interviewer took notes while interviewing over the telephone.

Interview Questions
    • Would I consider assisting with administrative roles if time permits?   View Answer
    • Do I know Project Management software   View Answer