Primerica

Primerica Financial Advisor Interview Questions

1.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Primerica.

The interview is a complete joke. Everything you say will be praised because they will hire anyone. They will tell you about the limitless opportunities while hiding the fact that they hire anyone and most people are not successful.

Avg advisor makes 5,000/year

Other Interview Reviews for Primerica

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica.

The interview was very easy. They took me out to lunch and discussed my background. As long as you're interested and willing to work, they'll hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was mostly tell me about yourself, your background, and how you can help us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in March 2013.

I met someone from primerica at a job fair. I had already been interning for a company as a financial advisor. His interest in me became apparent as i had already told him that i was licensed. I went to his office and he had a powerpoint on his ipad. He asked a few general questions about me, but spent most of the time trying to tell me about the good parts of the company. He then showed me how the compensation works, and told me that once i reach a certain level, that i would make 110% on commissions. I found that hard to believe, and i said that i didn't think that was possible. His response was rather nervous and vague, and i dont specifically remember what he said.

Anyway, it really wasn't much of an interview, but really a sales pitch on joining the company. It reminded me of Amway because of the similar powerpoint, payout structure, and tales of people that made it big in the business.

Interview Questions
    • Really a sales pitch: If i were to show you that it is possible to do this part time, would you be interested in learning more?   Answer Question

Clearly this business has potential for SOME, but not MANY or ALL. Simplifying this business model to a pyramid scheme is unfair, but not completely inaccurate. I felt like i was being sold something, and that caused me to decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in May 2012.

Interview consisted in a meeting at a rented office space, in downtown Washington, DC. The representatives are all independent contractors, though that face was not presented to me in the interview or on the telephone. The company attempts to hide that fact from their potential employees, as it tends to discourage them from accepting to be hired, which consists of a 100 dollar fee that is presented as a deposit, that would be returned to you after you close your first deal in the company. 25. extra dollars per month is also assessed at the time of beginning with them, for use of their on line training modules, which are required for the licensing that is required by the company to function as their agents, independent contractors, that is.

I think the person giving me the initial interview was not the person who actually gave me a presentation about the company, it was his girlfriend, also who seems to be working with the company part time as a 1099 private contractor. It is the way the company operates obviously, requiring people who are working for them to do recruiting also for the company. Seems strange to me, but, that is the way they operate, and work in a sort of pyramid type structure of office functioning. All are a part of someone elses upline of employees. They obviously pick up residual income from those below them in the company. Strange but, this is the way it operates. They are a pyramid type of operating structure, with the bottom layer of employees, supporting the upper levels of management. That is the way they operate. It seems a very good little "organized group" and so far, they seem to be relatively harmless as managers. Training occurs 2 times a week, Thursday and Saturday evenings, so as not to interfere with a full time working persons regular employment. However, they obviously are looking to keep people on only as part time employees, as it profits them more with more people working under the next layer of company personnel.

I still have yet to realize the actual payment methods for various plans they offer. It has yet to be explained to me in detail. I will have to ask again the next time I meet with the two reps I have met so far.

I want to know more of these operating employees, as they do not seem to be very forthcoming with regard to how much they have made with this company so far. A strange thing for me to understand, since they seem to be very closed in what they are earning there with the company. I would still wonder why, as it would seem to be a major reason to be happy to communicate this to new employee potentials that will offer them more money for their own pockets, if retained over the long term.

That is my experience so far with them. No other reviews seem to be forthcoming. I wonder why?
    I can guess, but, I don't wish to be critical at this early stage of something that still seems so quiet about their earnings for the year they have been with the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate yourself, in terms of being coachable? In other words, to follow the lead of others, and accept their methods for training.   Answer Question
    • Do you have an outgoing personality, and would be able to work with families and individuals easily? They want to know if you have a sales background also.   Answer Question
    Nothing to it. Straight commission is the deal, but, the percentages are not yet clear as yet.
    That is avoided during most conversations with the reps I have met so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in March 2012.

A recruiter reached out to a co-worker of mine who subsequently asked if it would be OK for him to give the recruiter my info. Having a brief idea of what Primerica does, I was a little skeptical, but I told him to go ahead. Within 5 minutes of of forwarding my resume (to a 'recruiter' with a gmail address, not @primerica...) I received a call that I let go to voice mail. (Indeed, from the recruiter, but from a Georgia area code)

Before calling the recruiter back I tried to find more information about the position via Primerica's career site. They had no jobs posted in VA, DC, or MD.

So I call the recruiter back the next day and we chat. Turns out he wanted to bring me in that same day for an in person interview. However, this is before even asking me ANYTHING about my background, resume, or career goals. The very first thing he led off was, "Can you come in for an interview today?" After deferring to another time, he proposes Saturday morning (2 days away). At this point I'm pretty sure what this is all about, but he's very enthusiastic about bringing me in and showing me to the other general managers in the office on Saturday. Then, he finally asks what I'm looking to get out of my next job. I give a standard reply and he assures me this position will exactly fit my desires. That was pretty much the extent of the phone interview since he confirmed the location of the Herndon office and said he looked forward to meeting me on Saturday. It was hard to understand him during our entire conversation, and in hindsight he must have been calling from his cell phone because he did make a passing reference to "not having to work at a desk in months"

Shortly after letting this all sink in, I write the recruiter back and tell him I do not believe this position is right for me and to please remove me from further consideration. In reply I receive a fairly condescending email telling me to not believe what I "obviously" read online that Primerica is a scam and that I should look up which company has the highest earners.

I don't believe the company is a scam, and hadn't paid any mind to similar claims I did indeed see when doing initial research. However, I do believe that it is a line of work that is primarily for certain kinds of people. Having friends in similar marketing type positions, I agree that if you're outgoing, ambitious, and have a strong desire to succeed you could make much more than a traditional 9-5 job. They seem to have frequent interviews, or "open houses", which are likely mass presentations. Indeed, when I asked how long this interview would be he mentioned that a portion would be in Herndon and then if I liked what I heard he would take me to another location for further interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in June 2010.

Lady called me and asked me for an interview in Sacramento. I drove down there and she explained what her company did. They basically recruit people to work for them and offer financial advice on people's finances. People pay them for their services. The more people you find, the more money you make.

No base salary - all commission. I thought it would be difficult to build a client base. It did not look like steady income.