Primerica

Updated Aug 30, 2014

1.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Primerica.

Every office does it differently. Just know what you are looking for and why you want it. There are now specific questions. May ask what you liked about your last job and what you disliked. Most seasoned interviewers at this company take what you tell them and find an aspect of Primerica that will appeal to your answers.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Primerica

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica.

I went into the office for an interview. I was asked the basic interview questions. They explained to me what the company does in great detail and answered all of my questions

Interview Questions
    • What would my life be like if I had an unlimited income?   Answer Question
    N/A

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Primerica.

pay $99 for Individual business license pass a background check

Interview Questions
    • who are the top ten to twenty people who would do anything for you?   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

I went to a career day at my university and a man from Primerica lifted a copy of my résumé out of my folder without me initially realizing it. He then called me the next day twice after I explicitly asked him not to call back the first time. After that, I went to work at the restaurant where I was employed at the time (I have since secured actual employment now that I've graduated) and two representatives from Primerica specifically sat in my section and harangued me all night about the company and then left me only a 10% tip. It was

Interview Questions
    • She asked me "don't you want to be your own boss?"   View Answer

Primerica is a borderline pyramid scheme and insurance sales is outside of my major.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica.

This is a PYRAMID SCHEME. Multi-level marketing (harrassment). No legitimate company will EVER require you to PAY to start training with them.

Interview Questions
    • Harassment / very aggressive, very shady tactics, will make it seem like a real opportunity (whatever you are looking for, they make it seem like you are a good fit, even if it has nothing to do with your career path)   View Answer

SCAM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walker, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walker, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in April 2013.

Pyramid Structure. Interview begins with a phone call in which a yes man reads your resume and says they do exactly what your resume speaks to without telling you what the job is. Tons of flattery, no substance. In the interview, you will is with a "VP" (basically everyone who survives in the company becomes a VP - there are dozens in every metro-area). The "VP" will go on about how great the company is and drop Warren Buffets name about 10-20 times because he supposedly thought the company was the best investment ever. Consequently, as company where a bunch of people go out and sell financial products which anyone can get a re-seller agreement for, without the risk of actually paying a salary to those doing the legwork, and reaping the rewards of those sales made by anyone who tries and fails, is a profitable business model....as is Amway, Scientology, and Televangelism. I was told that I reminded the VP of one of their top earners. (I blushed)

Interview Questions
    • When I told them I knew there was no salary and asked what the commission structure was, I watched them squirm and tell me they couldn't tell me that. Also, when I asked them how many VPs there were in West Michigan and they said like 28 or something. (not laughing was a challenge). Also, when I asked them what would stop me from taking their licensing, selling a bunch of financial products and then going over to a place like Merril Lynch and getting a job that pays....that took them off guard. Did you mean difficult questions they asked me? There were none. Cults don't make it difficult for you to join, that would defeat the purpose.   View Answer

I wanted to get paid for my work. Anyone can go convince other people to sell widgets for them and promise them a VP title and a licence to screw people if they continue to work for free for a year or so. Real entrepreneurship involves taking the risk of paying people in the understanding that your business model will effectively produce a profit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in March 2010.

The position involved cold marketing to potential customers and workers, selling life insurance. The prices were ok but it required you to invest on a monthly commitment basis. I was no tcomfortable with that concept of making an income, because I needed a regular salary and did not have that kind of time to invest.

Interview Questions
    • How much are you willing to invest in your future, securing other people's future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in December 2009.

I was invited to this interview while at a local mall by a recruiter who thought I dressed professional, so right off the bat I kinda felt this wouldn't be the right mix for me but I went anyway since I try not to shy away from opportunities. First He briefly mentioned how the company gave you an opportunity to build your own business as a financial advisor (this seemed appealing at the time since I'm in college for Business Management) he also mentioned that they help those in the community seek financial independence. I gave him my phone number and he gave me a card with his information. I got a phone call the next day, I personally felt this came off as desperate so I decided to look into the company. While on the phone interview he basically asked more about me and was very vague in what the actual company did. We set up the interview. looked briefly into what the company did and it was vague (since I went to their website) but I gathered just enough info to have talking points when I went in for the interview. At the interview I was impressed by the decor (obviously presentation is a good way to sell stuff) and he began to go into detail on how the company worked. I took notes and I must say if you're slow to comprehend, they're fast talkers and will leave you in the dust. Everything sounded good except for realizing I would be doing this exact pitch he just completed to make somewhat of a living day in and day out. This is actually a good job for a salesman but I'm more of and investment advisor and it just didn't appeal to me. I left with his contact info so I guess if I ever see myself doing that I can go back, obviously they are always looking for bottom pieces to the pyramid.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions, the questions requiring most thought when asked of business models that I felt worked   View Answer
    • You will be asked of your opinion of the interview   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in October 2009.

So I made the incredibly stupid mistake of moving to Charlotte minus the job. A family member was ill so I blindly moved to help them out. Desperately I am hitting every job site on the internet. On Craigslist there was this add about a financial consultant. I had previously worked in patient financial services at the hospital so thought I might make a good fit. Well I call the number and it kicks into this weird voice mail of someone who English was obviously not their first language. To make matters worse they were speaking entirely too fast. Unable to understand I hang up and don't leave a message. About an hour later I get a call back and it is someone asking if I had called about a financial services job...I say yes (I had applied for so many jobs I had no idea who this was, but, whatever) the person on the other line gives me an address and a time for the interview.

I show up the next day dressed to impress and there are like 15 of us crammed in this little reception room. Some of us were dressed nicer than others. It was obvious we were all from very mixed backgrounds. My spidey sense was tingling. We were asked to sign in to the list on the clip board. I see where it said name and then it said invitee. Umm that was kind of odd for an interview...this wasn't a party that I was 'invited' to. I am starting to get a sickly feeling in my stomach. I sit back down waiting when I notice a basket of magazines. On the cover of one it mentions Primerica. I scoop it up and flip to the page indicated. All I am seeing is start your own business blah blah blah. Then they call us all back for a panel type presentation. The guy goes on and on how he is a sister company or owned by Citi and how they are probably going to be bought out by Goldman Sachs. They say that they are not even Primerica but a company called Roussis? Then why do you answer your phones under Primerica? Why is that not on your add on the internet? Thirty minutes go buy and it gets down to the whole MLM thing and how they want 99 bucks and 25 a month during training or something. I politely head for the door. But some woman is following me out ( I am reminded of a zombie movie) she says 'wait..wait' and I am like "sorry not for me".

You know I am not mad at MLM schemes but I am mad at how they sneak into your lives. They should have just said what they were so they don't waste peoples lives. I needed a real paying job not a job that I had to pay people to do with no concrete pay check coming in.

Interview Questions

I declined on this because it was not a job offer. It was an offer to pay to be an independent distributor of a multilevel marketing scheme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in July 2009.

The interview was basically a sales pitch.