Primerica

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – pay $99 for Individual business license pass a background check

Interview Question – who are the top ten to twenty people who would do anything for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Brick, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a career day at my university and a man from Primerica lifted a copy of my résumé out of my folder without me initially realizing it. He then called me the next day twice after I explicitly asked him not to call back the first time. After that, I went to work at the restaurant where I was employed at the time (I have since secured actual employment now that I've graduated) and two representatives from Primerica specifically sat in my section and harangued me all night about the company and then left me only a 10% tip. It was

Interview Question – She asked me "don't you want to be your own boss?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Primerica is a borderline pyramid scheme and insurance sales is outside of my major.

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – This is a PYRAMID SCHEME. Multi-level marketing (harrassment). No legitimate company will EVER require you to PAY to start training with them.

Interview Question – Harassment / very aggressive, very shady tactics, will make it seem like a real opportunity (whatever you are looking for, they make it seem like you are a good fit, even if it has nothing to do with your career path)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – SCAM

Walker, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pyramid Structure. Interview begins with a phone call in which a yes man reads your resume and says they do exactly what your resume speaks to without telling you what the job is. Tons of flattery, no substance. In the interview, you will is with a "VP" (basically everyone who survives in the company becomes a VP - there are dozens in every metro-area). The "VP" will go on about how great the company is and drop Warren Buffets name about 10-20 times because he supposedly thought the company was the best investment ever. Consequently, as company where a bunch of people go out and sell financial products which anyone can get a re-seller agreement for, without the risk of actually paying a salary to those doing the legwork, and reaping the rewards of those sales made by anyone who tries and fails, is a profitable business model....as is Amway, Scientology, and Televangelism. I was told that I reminded the VP of one of their top earners. (I blushed)

Interview Question – When I told them I knew there was no salary and asked what the commission structure was, I watched them squirm and tell me they couldn't tell me that. Also, when I asked them how many VPs there were in West Michigan and they said like 28 or something. (not laughing was a challenge). Also, when I asked them what would stop me from taking their licensing, selling a bunch of financial products and then going over to a place like Merril Lynch and getting a job that pays....that took them off guard. Did you mean difficult questions they asked me? There were none. Cults don't make it difficult for you to join, that would defeat the purpose.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted to get paid for my work. Anyone can go convince other people to sell widgets for them and promise them a VP title and a licence to screw people if they continue to work for free for a year or so. Real entrepreneurship involves taking the risk of paying people in the understanding that your business model will effectively produce a profit.

Decatur, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in March 2010.

Interview Details – The position involved cold marketing to potential customers and workers, selling life insurance. The prices were ok but it required you to invest on a monthly commitment basis. I was no tcomfortable with that concept of making an income, because I needed a regular salary and did not have that kind of time to invest.

Interview Question – How much are you willing to invest in your future, securing other people's future?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was no tcomfortable with that concept of making an income, because I needed a regular salary and did not have that kind of time to invest.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in March 2009.

Interview Details – The so called interview was actually a group presentation.
There was about 60 people in the room with 20 new prospects and 40 active agents. The presentation took over 1 and a half hour. There was a lot of good solid information, but a lot of it was also a lot of smoke and mirrors. They handed out checks and everyone in the room was clapping, to make things exciting.
At the end of the presentation, the new prospects filled out a comment sheet and met with the agent that invited them out to the presentation. I ended up to scheduling to meet 1:1 the next day.

The 1:1 was more of a recap of the company and the presentation from last night, and getting to know the agent. The information made a lot of sense, I ended up signing on with Primerica 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was basically a sales pitch.

Interview Question – How many loans do you close a month?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was invited to this interview while at a local mall by a recruiter who thought I dressed professional, so right off the bat I kinda felt this wouldn't be the right mix for me but I went anyway since I try not to shy away from opportunities. First He briefly mentioned how the company gave you an opportunity to build your own business as a financial advisor (this seemed appealing at the time since I'm in college for Business Management) he also mentioned that they help those in the community seek financial independence. I gave him my phone number and he gave me a card with his information. I got a phone call the next day, I personally felt this came off as desperate so I decided to look into the company. While on the phone interview he basically asked more about me and was very vague in what the actual company did. We set up the interview. looked briefly into what the company did and it was vague (since I went to their website) but I gathered just enough info to have talking points when I went in for the interview. At the interview I was impressed by the decor (obviously presentation is a good way to sell stuff) and he began to go into detail on how the company worked. I took notes and I must say if you're slow to comprehend, they're fast talkers and will leave you in the dust. Everything sounded good except for realizing I would be doing this exact pitch he just completed to make somewhat of a living day in and day out. This is actually a good job for a salesman but I'm more of and investment advisor and it just didn't appeal to me. I left with his contact info so I guess if I ever see myself doing that I can go back, obviously they are always looking for bottom pieces to the pyramid.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions, the questions requiring most thought when asked of business models that I felt worked   View Answer
  • You will be asked of your opinion of the interview   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in October 2009.

Interview Details – So I made the incredibly stupid mistake of moving to Charlotte minus the job. A family member was ill so I blindly moved to help them out. Desperately I am hitting every job site on the internet. On Craigslist there was this add about a financial consultant. I had previously worked in patient financial services at the hospital so thought I might make a good fit. Well I call the number and it kicks into this weird voice mail of someone who English was obviously not their first language. To make matters worse they were speaking entirely too fast. Unable to understand I hang up and don't leave a message. About an hour later I get a call back and it is someone asking if I had called about a financial services job...I say yes (I had applied for so many jobs I had no idea who this was, but, whatever) the person on the other line gives me an address and a time for the interview.

I show up the next day dressed to impress and there are like 15 of us crammed in this little reception room. Some of us were dressed nicer than others. It was obvious we were all from very mixed backgrounds. My spidey sense was tingling. We were asked to sign in to the list on the clip board. I see where it said name and then it said invitee. Umm that was kind of odd for an interview...this wasn't a party that I was 'invited' to. I am starting to get a sickly feeling in my stomach. I sit back down waiting when I notice a basket of magazines. On the cover of one it mentions Primerica. I scoop it up and flip to the page indicated. All I am seeing is start your own business blah blah blah. Then they call us all back for a panel type presentation. The guy goes on and on how he is a sister company or owned by Citi and how they are probably going to be bought out by Goldman Sachs. They say that they are not even Primerica but a company called Roussis? Then why do you answer your phones under Primerica? Why is that not on your add on the internet? Thirty minutes go buy and it gets down to the whole MLM thing and how they want 99 bucks and 25 a month during training or something. I politely head for the door. But some woman is following me out ( I am reminded of a zombie movie) she says 'wait..wait' and I am like "sorry not for me".

You know I am not mad at MLM schemes but I am mad at how they sneak into your lives. They should have just said what they were so they don't waste peoples lives. I needed a real paying job not a job that I had to pay people to do with no concrete pay check coming in.

Interview Question – They asked if you wanted to be rich.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined on this because it was not a job offer. It was an offer to pay to be an independent distributor of a multilevel marketing scheme.

Fort Worth, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to Primerica by my girlfriend and my first impression talking with their regional vice president is that she is so eager to get me in for an interview. On the interview, I had a feeling that everything was so good to be true, and she insisted that she wanted to look at me and my husband's finance, which make me feel very uncomfortable!

Interview Question – Can I come over and take a look at your finance to see if I can help you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No salary and I have to pay for my licenses!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Primerica

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Primerica Financial Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Primerica employees and interview candidates.