Primerica

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

101 candidate interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – pay $99 for Individual business license pass a background check

Interview Question – who are the top ten to twenty people who would do anything for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Interview

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in April 2014.

Interview Details – I walked into the primerica building in piramus New Jersey doing some work for another job. I was approached by one of the senior sales reps in the building, we started talking at first then he asked if i wanted job. He was throwing crazy numbers out telling me i could make $700 a sale and that one of the employees in his office had closed a deal for a investment account rollover and make $40,000. Sounded like he was just trying to paint me a picture perfect fairy tail. But he backed up most of his statements with photos or other employee testimonials. He showed me some pictures of him on Hawaii with his company which he stated he received as his bonus. Seems like a great company for some one who has lot's of entrepreneurial drive and is willing to chase after leads. You are asked for $100 up front if you want to get you license so you can sell insurances and after that you receive an email saying you have to pay $25 for your online website and marketing tools. I think i will follow through with it and see how much money can be made and how legit the companies products are.

Interview Question – Was asked to refer three friends to work there, I don't like recommending something I haven't personally tried and been successful at.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Brick, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a career day at my university and a man from Primerica lifted a copy of my résumé out of my folder without me initially realizing it. He then called me the next day twice after I explicitly asked him not to call back the first time. After that, I went to work at the restaurant where I was employed at the time (I have since secured actual employment now that I've graduated) and two representatives from Primerica specifically sat in my section and harangued me all night about the company and then left me only a 10% tip. It was

Interview Question – She asked me "don't you want to be your own boss?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Primerica is a borderline pyramid scheme and insurance sales is outside of my major.

Home Office Employee Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – what was your more difficult decision you made?

Interview Question – None, very generic interview   Answer Question

Financial Representative Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – They seem to take ANYONE who will work there... something just felt wrong with the whole job

Interview Question – Nothing... they made you fit right in   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered an internship as a freshman while i knew seniors who were about to graduate who were offered the same job...it all seemed a little off

IT Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Primerica in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a pleasant experience overall, I wasn't subjected to the "lets see how many time's we can stump this person" game. I could tell there was an effort made to see if I would fit in with the rest of the team as well. Going through the HR process was fairly simple and straightforward as well.

Interview Question – None of the questions I was asked were overly difficult (to me), they mainly dealt with in depth knowledge of industry/regulatory compliance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I countered once and we reached an agreement.

No Title Given Interview

Madison Heights, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in March 2014.

Interview Details – A couple days after posting my resume online I received an unsolicited call about a job opportunity for leadership and growth in my area. The man on the phone was fairly insistent about setting up an interview with two options for what worked for his schedule.
the interview itself was a sales pitch for learning more about Primerica, it was some softball interview questions and more about connecting on a personal level. There was no talk of salary or commission but the word opportunity came up at least a dozen times. At no point was a position title discussed, only scheduling for a client seminar.
The whole experience had the ring of a being no different than a pyramid scheme.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Assistant Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

Interview Details – After giving out my resume on the job fair, I received a call from the local VP of Primerica making an interview appointment with me. I went to the office the next day, dressed up, and it was just a two-floor house. The interviewer and her assistant received me downstairs. The whole process was about an hour, and the questions are all focused on my educational background and school stuff. At last, came the critical part, they asked me to attend some training classes and pay $100 ahead. Then I turned them down..

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They asked me to pay for the training classes before I got hired.

Transitional Leadership Development Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primerica in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process took two weeks with three rounds of interview. The first round took approximatelly half hour with the recruiter one by one. The second round was the presentation from Primerica's manager and took roughly two hours. After the presentation, candidates were asked to apply for the third round or decline. The third round of interview was with the same recruiter as the first one and could take from 20minutes to one hour. The decision was made after the third round.
The interview questions were easy, mostly about resume and how you would fit to Primerica. All people I met there were very friendly and kind. It seems like a great place to start your career.

Interview Question – Be prepare to asnwer all questions about the company. What do they do? What is their focus? How does the market look? ..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lansing, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in June 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with a representative from the company and talk about the business and the process of getting hired in, and how one engrosses income. Interview process itself takes about 10-15 minutes, of just asking questions, and getting answers. Hiring process can take a lot less, depending on how prepared the individual is.

Interview Question – How motivated are you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Commissioned Salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Primerica

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Primerica interview questions and advice. All 101 interview reviews posted anonymously by Primerica employees and interview candidates.