Primerica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Analyst II Interview

Software Test Analyst II
Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – Interview came through Matrix Resources. Was brought in and interviewed by my former bosses, neither of which had any real technical background, which came through in the interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was that there were several rather personal inquiries, to see if I would fit the Primerica mold.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. At the time, Primerica was still an arm of Citigroup, and all salaries were slotted and frozen.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews that went very well. The managers that interviewed me were very nice

Interview Question – My most difficult question was where did I see my self 5 years from now . I really didnt know that much about the company so I really didn't give a good answer   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – This is a PYRAMID SCHEME. Multi-level marketing (harrassment). No legitimate company will EVER require you to PAY to start training with them.

Interview Question – Harassment / very aggressive, very shady tactics, will make it seem like a real opportunity (whatever you are looking for, they make it seem like you are a good fit, even if it has nothing to do with your career path)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – SCAM

Sales Interview

Sales
Willowbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Primerica in June 2013.

Interview Details – I feel like this company was a pyramid scam. When they called me from my resume on career builder they didn’t say their company name. They also had said they have full time positions available and that I would be hiring and training people to sell and that I myself would not be selling. I had a brief phone interview and then they invited me to have a in person interview. The interview was a 2 hour presentation about selling life insurance and stocks. They said no salary all commission and you earn money if you bring others in.

Interview Question – Looks like they would hire anyone. You pay a fee annually.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not for me.

Operations Manager/Office Manager Interview

Operations Manager/Office Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was told during phone interview that they were interested in me "NOT SELLING" but rather to assist the regional vice president to establish 30 offices in he next two years. I was intrigued and thought the job sounded right up my alley. Once I got to the interview it was the proverbial "bait and switch" I was told the job was strictly a commission based position where I was only employable IF I opened my own office.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions just a poor interview in terms of what was discussed and then what was discussed at interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to deal with company that was not forthright in the job description and expectations.

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Primerica.

Interview Details – The interview was incredibly long - almost 2hours. it is a lot of explaining what they doas a company before you get to talk much. All the basic questions are asked. Some are concrete knowledge questions, and some are philosophical to see if you are a "cultural fit" for the company.

Interview Question – Personal preference in term or whole life insurance to best meet client needs   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It seems to be a pyramid scheme to me

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative
Conshohocken, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was very straight foreward. Didnt waste much time getting to the standard presentation process. This job is what you make of it. They wont hire criminals or anyone with a felony background. Just show you desire to succeed and you will be welcomed.

Negotiation Details – was none, basically are self employed with training

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Primerica in February 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and cover letter for the position and received a call to schedule an interview within 1 week. I arrived @ the HR office and had to complete an application. I first spoke to the HR rep about the company and the position, she was very friendly while giving an overview of the company and her experience working there. I then went over to another building to be interviewed by the hiring manager and her boss. I was asked the typical interview questions about my experience and working habits. The job was very similar to the job I was currently performing so I felt confident that I was a good fit. The interview environment was laid back and comfortable.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a situation where I faced difficulty and how I went about resolving.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Walker, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pyramid Structure. Interview begins with a phone call in which a yes man reads your resume and says they do exactly what your resume speaks to without telling you what the job is. Tons of flattery, no substance. In the interview, you will is with a "VP" (basically everyone who survives in the company becomes a VP - there are dozens in every metro-area). The "VP" will go on about how great the company is and drop Warren Buffets name about 10-20 times because he supposedly thought the company was the best investment ever. Consequently, as company where a bunch of people go out and sell financial products which anyone can get a re-seller agreement for, without the risk of actually paying a salary to those doing the legwork, and reaping the rewards of those sales made by anyone who tries and fails, is a profitable business model....as is Amway, Scientology, and Televangelism. I was told that I reminded the VP of one of their top earners. (I blushed)

Interview Question – When I told them I knew there was no salary and asked what the commission structure was, I watched them squirm and tell me they couldn't tell me that. Also, when I asked them how many VPs there were in West Michigan and they said like 28 or something. (not laughing was a challenge). Also, when I asked them what would stop me from taking their licensing, selling a bunch of financial products and then going over to a place like Merril Lynch and getting a job that pays....that took them off guard. Did you mean difficult questions they asked me? There were none. Cults don't make it difficult for you to join, that would defeat the purpose.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted to get paid for my work. Anyone can go convince other people to sell widgets for them and promise them a VP title and a licence to screw people if they continue to work for free for a year or so. Real entrepreneurship involves taking the risk of paying people in the understanding that your business model will effectively produce a profit.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was cold-called by a recruiter shortly after updating my Information on Monster.com. She claimed to have a position open that fit my needs and invited me to come to an interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was lead to a classroom with about fifty other people in it. My first indication that something was wrong was the fact that I was the only one in the room wearing a suit aside from the yes-man they had running the show. The guy sitting next to me was in a Ravens Jersey. It looked like they were just bringing people in off the street.

They showed us a video that made insultingly unrealistic promises about the advantages of working for Primerica and then handed out employment packages. When Yes-man finished the video he asked if there were any questions. I asked him to clarify that it was a multilevel marketing organization. He wouldn't give a straight answer. When I used the term "pyramid scheme" he became defensive and agitated. I then asked about the training fee, and why it was necessary. He suggested that I leave if I wasn't comfortable. I did, but made a big enough scene that about a dozen others followed me out.

Interview Question – There were no questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Primerica is a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. I'm not a sucker. The last straw was when they asked me to pony up $150 for training and recruiting costs. I walked out.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Primerica