Primerica

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

1.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Primerica.

Real smooth talking. Very persuasive when they speak of all the benefits you get from working here.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. The interview was pretty straight-forward.   Answer Question
    I was called for the interview and I accepted.

Sales Manager Interview

Responded to post on craigslist

Interview Questions
    • Tried to sell me on the job itself. strange turn of the tables   Answer Question

Sales Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

After giving out my resume on the job fair, I received a call from the local VP of Primerica making an interview appointment with me. I went to the office the next day, dressed up, and it was just a two-floor house. The interviewer and her assistant received me downstairs. The whole process was about an hour, and the questions are all focused on my educational background and school stuff. At last, came the critical part, they asked me to attend some training classes and pay $100 ahead. Then I turned them down..

Interview Questions

They asked me to pay for the training classes before I got hired.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Primerica in November 2013.

I went to a career day at my university and a man from Primerica lifted a copy of my résumé out of my folder without me initially realizing it. He then called me the next day twice after I explicitly asked him not to call back the first time. After that, I went to work at the restaurant where I was employed at the time (I have since secured actual employment now that I've graduated) and two representatives from Primerica specifically sat in my section and harangued me all night about the company and then left me only a 10% tip. It was

Interview Questions
    • She asked me "don't you want to be your own boss?"   View Answer

Primerica is a borderline pyramid scheme and insurance sales is outside of my major.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in September 2013.

I received a call after they saw my resume on monster. He made it seem like he wanted me to work with him in a team leader position.
    When I got to the interview he showed me a presentation and kept telling how they change peoples lives. The interview had nothing to do with me and more about what a great company they were. The position was to be an agent to sell their products not a team leader.

Interview Questions
    • What did you enjoy about your last job? It's the only questions they asked me.   Answer Question

Software Test Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Primerica.

Interview came through Matrix Resources. Was brought in and interviewed by my former bosses, neither of which had any real technical background, which came through in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was that there were several rather personal inquiries, to see if I would fit the Primerica mold.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. At the time, Primerica was still an arm of Citigroup, and all salaries were slotted and frozen.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica.

This is a PYRAMID SCHEME. Multi-level marketing (harrassment). No legitimate company will EVER require you to PAY to start training with them.

Interview Questions
    • Harassment / very aggressive, very shady tactics, will make it seem like a real opportunity (whatever you are looking for, they make it seem like you are a good fit, even if it has nothing to do with your career path)   View Answer

SCAM

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Primerica in June 2013.

I feel like this company was a pyramid scam. When they called me from my resume on career builder they didn’t say their company name. They also had said they have full time positions available and that I would be hiring and training people to sell and that I myself would not be selling. I had a brief phone interview and then they invited me to have a in person interview. The interview was a 2 hour presentation about selling life insurance and stocks. They said no salary all commission and you earn money if you bring others in.

Interview Questions
    • Looks like they would hire anyone. You pay a fee annually.   Answer Question

Not for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in June 2013.

Meet with a representative from the company and talk about the business and the process of getting hired in, and how one engrosses income. Interview process itself takes about 10-15 minutes, of just asking questions, and getting answers. Hiring process can take a lot less, depending on how prepared the individual is.

Commissioned Salary

Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Primerica.

The interview was incredibly long - almost 2hours. it is a lot of explaining what they doas a company before you get to talk much. All the basic questions are asked. Some are concrete knowledge questions, and some are philosophical to see if you are a "cultural fit" for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Personal preference in term or whole life insurance to best meet client needs   View Answer

It seems to be a pyramid scheme to me