Primerica Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.6

Sales Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Rochester, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

After giving out my resume on the job fair, I received a call from the local VP of Primerica making an interview appointment with me. I went to the office the next day, dressed up, and it was just a two-floor house. The interviewer and her assistant received me downstairs. The whole process was about an hour, and the questions are all focused on my educational background and school stuff. At last, came the critical part, they asked me to attend some training classes and pay $100 ahead. Then I turned them down..

Interview Questions

They asked me to pay for the training classes before I got hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica in September 2013.

Interview

I received a call after they saw my resume on monster. He made it seem like he wanted me to work with him in a team leader position. When I got to the interview he showed me a presentation and kept telling how they change peoples lives. The interview had nothing to do with me and more about what a great company they were. The position was to be an agent to sell their products not a team leader.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about your last job? It's the only questions they asked me.   Answer Question

Software Test Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Interview came through Matrix Resources. Was brought in and interviewed by my former bosses, neither of which had any real technical background, which came through in the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was that there were several rather personal inquiries, to see if I would fit the Primerica mold.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. At the time, Primerica was still an arm of Citigroup, and all salaries were slotted and frozen.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Irvine, CA).

Interview

This is a PYRAMID SCHEME. Multi-level marketing (harrassment). No legitimate company will EVER require you to PAY to start training with them.

Interview Questions

• Harassment / very aggressive, very shady tactics, will make it seem like a real opportunity (whatever you are looking for, they make it seem like you are a good fit, even if it has nothing to do with your career path)   1 Answer

SCAM

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Willowbrook, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I feel like this company was a pyramid scam. When they called me from my resume on career builder they didn’t say their company name. They also had said they have full time positions available and that I would be hiring and training people to sell and that I myself would not be selling. I had a brief phone interview and then they invited me to have a in person interview. The interview was a 2 hour presentation about selling life insurance and stocks. They said no salary all commission and you earn money if you bring others in.

Interview Questions

• Looks like they would hire anyone. You pay a fee annually.   Answer Question

Not for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Lansing, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Meet with a representative from the company and talk about the business and the process of getting hired in, and how one engrosses income. Interview process itself takes about 10-15 minutes, of just asking questions, and getting answers. Hiring process can take a lot less, depending on how prepared the individual is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Commissioned Salary

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

The interview was incredibly long - almost 2hours. it is a lot of explaining what they doas a company before you get to talk much. All the basic questions are asked. Some are concrete knowledge questions, and some are philosophical to see if you are a "cultural fit" for the company.

Interview Questions

• Personal preference in term or whole life insurance to best meet client needs   1 Answer

It seems to be a pyramid scheme to me

Operations Manager/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Was told during phone interview that they were interested in me "NOT SELLING" but rather to assist the regional vice president to establish 30 offices in he next two years. I was intrigued and thought the job sounded right up my alley. Once I got to the interview it was the proverbial "bait and switch" I was told the job was strictly a commission based position where I was only employable IF I opened my own office.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions just a poor interview in terms of what was discussed and then what was discussed at interview   Answer Question

Did not want to deal with company that was not forthright in the job description and expectations.

Interview

thye called, and set up an interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Walker, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Pyramid Structure. Interview begins with a phone call in which a yes man reads your resume and says they do exactly what your resume speaks to without telling you what the job is. Tons of flattery, no substance. In the interview, you will is with a "VP" (basically everyone who survives in the company becomes a VP - there are dozens in every metro-area). The "VP" will go on about how great the company is and drop Warren Buffets name about 10-20 times because he supposedly thought the company was the best investment ever. Consequently, as company where a bunch of people go out and sell financial products which anyone can get a re-seller agreement for, without the risk of actually paying a salary to those doing the legwork, and reaping the rewards of those sales made by anyone who tries and fails, is a profitable business model....as is Amway, Scientology, and Televangelism. I was told that I reminded the VP of one of their top earners. (I blushed)

Interview Questions

• When I told them I knew there was no salary and asked what the commission structure was, I watched them squirm and tell me they couldn't tell me that. Also, when I asked them how many VPs there were in West Michigan and they said like 28 or something. (not laughing was a challenge). Also, when I asked them what would stop me from taking their licensing, selling a bunch of financial products and then going over to a place like Merril Lynch and getting a job that pays....that took them off guard. Did you mean difficult questions they asked me? There were none. Cults don't make it difficult for you to join, that would defeat the purpose.   1 Answer

I wanted to get paid for my work. Anyone can go convince other people to sell widgets for them and promise them a VP title and a licence to screw people if they continue to work for free for a year or so. Real entrepreneurship involves taking the risk of paying people in the understanding that your business model will effectively produce a profit.