Primerica Interview Questions & Reviews

1.5

Bilingual Entry Level Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in September 2011.

Very easy interview. They basically don`t ask any question just explain how the company works, and cover the basics of the job. It felt more like a presentation than an interview.

Looks like a scam.

Client Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Midlothian, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in January 2012.

Very sketchy hiring process. I was right out of school and naive. Replied to a post on Craigslist... job description was vague but figured I would get more information when they actually told me the name of the company. Was called very quickly for an interview the next day.... he never told me the company name during the call. I tried to get more information out of him to better understand the job description and the company.... again very vague. But I was driving at the time and desperate for work... so I again brushed it off.
    Interview location turned out to be 45 minutes away from home and a complete waste of time. I was waiting for the interview and I heard the guy before me very loudly ask, so you mean this is basically a telemarketing job. No.. no... I am not interested.
    They start the interview by asking you questions like, what is more important to you... money, career, happiness, etc etc etc. Basically building up to a sales pitch. He drew pictures and showed fliers for the company and then proceeded to teach me about finance (which I went to school for so that was pointless). No wonder he didn't tell me much about the job on the phone! They want you to go to peoples homes to sell them insurance. AFTER I spend about 6 weeks to get licensed.... He tried to build me on "once you bring in enough people, you move up and eventually run your own branch an". Sounds a bit like a pyramid scheme... Oh and the "that Range Rover and home in Italy are a lot closer than you think".. Nail on the coffin. Even after that interview he contacted me seeing if I would still consider the job.
    In an interview, you are meant to be selling yourself TO THEM not the other way around. Very disappointing. Lesson learned.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in August 2012.

It was great and very informative.

Interview Questions

It was commission only and I needed a sure thing paycheck for now. Started school fulltime 2weeks later.

Mid Level Management/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in August 2012.

I had a horrible recruitment process. I was contacted by a man the West Chester, OH location. He said he was looking for people like me with no financial background b/c of my interpersonal skills. I came in and had a preliminary interview with the Senior Regional Leader, and a orientation of what the company does, along with other applicants. I then scheduled a followup interview.

During the weekend though I did some research and found some concerns I wanted to address before meeting . Some said online that the work was purely commission-based and did not provide a client list, requiring the use of "warm markets" or one's own family and friends. The presentation had alluded to some commission but did not mention if there was/was not a base salary. I tried calling both contacts multiple times throughout the weekend and Monday but no one picked up.

Finally, less than 3 hours from my interview, the recruiter called back and said he had received my questions and said we should not meet b/c I had concerns and did not match his background. This did not add up b/c he had told me before on the phone, and the orientation had reiterated, that they company was looking for people OUTSIDE the financial sector. ("It is much easier to teach people the proper financial skills than to teach them interpersonal skills"). Then when I called him out on it and asked for the answers to my questions he just said, "Yeah, well... have a good day, best of luck". I just wanted this issue to be resolved as it was very rude, unprofessional, and two-faced. Either he was lying to me that the company was looking for people outside the financial sector before, or he was lying to me that they weren't just to avoid answering my questions. If it was the former then he made me come in and waste my time to interview for a position he knew I could not/would not get. If it was the latter, your employees need to be more professional and also be more forthright as to if positions are commission-based and if clients are required to bring in their own markets, BEFORE an interview. It would have been a waste of time for me to get dressed up in a suit and drive 30 minutes, just to find out that there were hidden requirements to the job.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Primerica in June 2012.

I should have noticed the red flags right away. They sit you down in a room with multiple chairs and then begin with a powerpoint presentation. The powerpoint presentation lasted nearly an hour and fifteen minutes and was more of a lecture that ended in them trying to sell me a job. The topping on the cake was the pay structure which increasingly sounded like a pyramid scheme. Avoid this company so they do not waste as much of your time as they did of mine.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in May 2012.

Interview consisted in a meeting at a rented office space, in downtown Washington, DC. The representatives are all independent contractors, though that face was not presented to me in the interview or on the telephone. The company attempts to hide that fact from their potential employees, as it tends to discourage them from accepting to be hired, which consists of a 100 dollar fee that is presented as a deposit, that would be returned to you after you close your first deal in the company. 25. extra dollars per month is also assessed at the time of beginning with them, for use of their on line training modules, which are required for the licensing that is required by the company to function as their agents, independent contractors, that is.

I think the person giving me the initial interview was not the person who actually gave me a presentation about the company, it was his girlfriend, also who seems to be working with the company part time as a 1099 private contractor. It is the way the company operates obviously, requiring people who are working for them to do recruiting also for the company. Seems strange to me, but, that is the way they operate, and work in a sort of pyramid type structure of office functioning. All are a part of someone elses upline of employees. They obviously pick up residual income from those below them in the company. Strange but, this is the way it operates. They are a pyramid type of operating structure, with the bottom layer of employees, supporting the upper levels of management. That is the way they operate. It seems a very good little "organized group" and so far, they seem to be relatively harmless as managers. Training occurs 2 times a week, Thursday and Saturday evenings, so as not to interfere with a full time working persons regular employment. However, they obviously are looking to keep people on only as part time employees, as it profits them more with more people working under the next layer of company personnel.

I still have yet to realize the actual payment methods for various plans they offer. It has yet to be explained to me in detail. I will have to ask again the next time I meet with the two reps I have met so far.

I want to know more of these operating employees, as they do not seem to be very forthcoming with regard to how much they have made with this company so far. A strange thing for me to understand, since they seem to be very closed in what they are earning there with the company. I would still wonder why, as it would seem to be a major reason to be happy to communicate this to new employee potentials that will offer them more money for their own pockets, if retained over the long term.

That is my experience so far with them. No other reviews seem to be forthcoming. I wonder why?
    I can guess, but, I don't wish to be critical at this early stage of something that still seems so quiet about their earnings for the year they have been with the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate yourself, in terms of being coachable? In other words, to follow the lead of others, and accept their methods for training.   Answer Question
    • Do you have an outgoing personality, and would be able to work with families and individuals easily? They want to know if you have a sales background also.   Answer Question
    Nothing to it. Straight commission is the deal, but, the percentages are not yet clear as yet.
    That is avoided during most conversations with the reps I have met so far.

Anonymous Employee  in  Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in May 2012.

very professional interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation where you have to manage someone who is older than you but doesn't think they should be managed by a younger person.   Answer Question

It seemed like the type of company who will hire anyone because it is a salary based position and it is of little risk to them if the employee doesn't produce.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in March 2012.

It consisted of a conversation with the person who recruited me first. Then she invited me to a presentation that was about an hour long. If I decided to sign on I would have went through a background check and training. If you are looking for home based employment that deals with face to face communication and financial placement this would be a good fit.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in March 2012.

A recruiter reached out to a co-worker of mine who subsequently asked if it would be OK for him to give the recruiter my info. Having a brief idea of what Primerica does, I was a little skeptical, but I told him to go ahead. Within 5 minutes of of forwarding my resume (to a 'recruiter' with a gmail address, not @primerica...) I received a call that I let go to voice mail. (Indeed, from the recruiter, but from a Georgia area code)

Before calling the recruiter back I tried to find more information about the position via Primerica's career site. They had no jobs posted in VA, DC, or MD.

So I call the recruiter back the next day and we chat. Turns out he wanted to bring me in that same day for an in person interview. However, this is before even asking me ANYTHING about my background, resume, or career goals. The very first thing he led off was, "Can you come in for an interview today?" After deferring to another time, he proposes Saturday morning (2 days away). At this point I'm pretty sure what this is all about, but he's very enthusiastic about bringing me in and showing me to the other general managers in the office on Saturday. Then, he finally asks what I'm looking to get out of my next job. I give a standard reply and he assures me this position will exactly fit my desires. That was pretty much the extent of the phone interview since he confirmed the location of the Herndon office and said he looked forward to meeting me on Saturday. It was hard to understand him during our entire conversation, and in hindsight he must have been calling from his cell phone because he did make a passing reference to "not having to work at a desk in months"

Shortly after letting this all sink in, I write the recruiter back and tell him I do not believe this position is right for me and to please remove me from further consideration. In reply I receive a fairly condescending email telling me to not believe what I "obviously" read online that Primerica is a scam and that I should look up which company has the highest earners.

I don't believe the company is a scam, and hadn't paid any mind to similar claims I did indeed see when doing initial research. However, I do believe that it is a line of work that is primarily for certain kinds of people. Having friends in similar marketing type positions, I agree that if you're outgoing, ambitious, and have a strong desire to succeed you could make much more than a traditional 9-5 job. They seem to have frequent interviews, or "open houses", which are likely mass presentations. Indeed, when I asked how long this interview would be he mentioned that a portion would be in Herndon and then if I liked what I heard he would take me to another location for further interviewing.

Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Received a phone call and short interview during the initial phone call. Sounded like a sales job, which I wasn't looking for, so I asked and the recruiter reassured me that they were hiring for what I was seeking. Recruiter set up an in-person interview for a few days later.

Went in for the interview where the representative informed me they only had (commission only) sales positions available. He said everyone has to start in sales in this company- there is no way to make it to another position without working in sales, and that is why the recruiter said they were hiring for all positions.

I was very direct with both people and frustrated that they wasted my time and claimed they hadn't lied based on a technicality. However, I had braced myself for this to happen before going in because of similar experiences posted on Glassdoor.