Primerica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

1.5

Senior Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

The interview was a very great experience! I met a lot of nice people who were very open and friendly. Nothing about the interview process was hidden or held back. I learned a lot about finances that I never knew before. It was very laid back, nothing was done to try to trick me or twist my arm into doing anything. Wasn't a typical interview where the interviewer tries to ask questions to stump you or make you think harder then needed. Everything was well planned and very down to earth and personal. I wish I found this company sooner!

Interview Questions

• What would hold you back from at least trying for yourself if this is 100% risk free to your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to start, even though I did not have much time to start out with up front.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

They will call you again and again for their orientation or overview. Actually it is a presentation rather than a interview. They will change the name of a financial rule you are familiar with, and then demonstrate their priority and professionalism because you "do not know" the rule. However, their presentation skills are really good, and completely show you what a good sales man should have.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. Perhaps the most essential question you should think about is whether you are suitable to be a salesman.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Primerica (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I met a Primerica rep at a career fair. I was not incredibly interested, but I gave him my resume and business card anyway. He has been calling for two years now.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica.

Interview

The initial telephone communication and telephone interview was very good. The interview process was well planned.

Interview Questions

No longer interested in the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica (Lancaster, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I met someone from primerica at a job fair. I had already been interning for a company as a financial advisor. His interest in me became apparent as i had already told him that i was licensed. I went to his office and he had a powerpoint on his ipad. He asked a few general questions about me, but spent most of the time trying to tell me about the good parts of the company. He then showed me how the compensation works, and told me that once i reach a certain level, that i would make 110% on commissions. I found that hard to believe, and i said that i didn't think that was possible. His response was rather nervous and vague, and i dont specifically remember what he said.

Anyway, it really wasn't much of an interview, but really a sales pitch on joining the company. It reminded me of Amway because of the similar powerpoint, payout structure, and tales of people that made it big in the business.

Interview Questions

• Really a sales pitch: If i were to show you that it is possible to do this part time, would you be interested in learning more?   Answer Question

Clearly this business has potential for SOME, but not MANY or ALL. Simplifying this business model to a pyramid scheme is unfair, but not completely inaccurate. I felt like i was being sold something, and that caused me to decline.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

It was just if you have people friendly skills and you are close to other people

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

You have to pay $99 to get the paperwork going and become a member of the firm. There is no real interview process. Primerica representatives are looking for interested ones, willing to recruit others and prepare for FINRA State License exams.

Client Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica (Conshohocken, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Was very straight foreward. Didnt waste much time getting to the standard presentation process. This job is what you make of it. They wont hire criminals or anyone with a felony background. Just show you desire to succeed and you will be welcomed.

Negotiation

was none, basically are self employed with training

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Primerica in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience overall, I wasn't subjected to the "lets see how many time's we can stump this person" game. I could tell there was an effort made to see if I would fit in with the rest of the team as well. Going through the HR process was fairly simple and straightforward as well.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions I was asked were overly difficult (to me), they mainly dealt with in depth knowledge of industry/regulatory compliance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered once and we reached an agreement.

Mid Level Management/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica (West Chester, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a horrible recruitment process. I was contacted by a man the West Chester, OH location. He said he was looking for people like me with no financial background b/c of my interpersonal skills. I came in and had a preliminary interview with the Senior Regional Leader, and a orientation of what the company does, along with other applicants. I then scheduled a followup interview.

During the weekend though I did some research and found some concerns I wanted to address before meeting . Some said online that the work was purely commission-based and did not provide a client list, requiring the use of "warm markets" or one's own family and friends. The presentation had alluded to some commission but did not mention if there was/was not a base salary. I tried calling both contacts multiple times throughout the weekend and Monday but no one picked up.

Finally, less than 3 hours from my interview, the recruiter called back and said he had received my questions and said we should not meet b/c I had concerns and did not match his background. This did not add up b/c he had told me before on the phone, and the orientation had reiterated, that they company was looking for people OUTSIDE the financial sector. ("It is much easier to teach people the proper financial skills than to teach them interpersonal skills"). Then when I called him out on it and asked for the answers to my questions he just said, "Yeah, well... have a good day, best of luck". I just wanted this issue to be resolved as it was very rude, unprofessional, and two-faced. Either he was lying to me that the company was looking for people outside the financial sector before, or he was lying to me that they weren't just to avoid answering my questions. If it was the former then he made me come in and waste my time to interview for a position he knew I could not/would not get. If it was the latter, your employees need to be more professional and also be more forthright as to if positions are commission-based and if clients are required to bring in their own markets, BEFORE an interview. It would have been a waste of time for me to get dressed up in a suit and drive 30 minutes, just to find out that there were hidden requirements to the job.