Primerica Sales Interview Questions

1.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in April 2014.

I walked into the primerica building in piramus New Jersey doing some work for another job. I was approached by one of the senior sales reps in the building, we started talking at first then he asked if i wanted job. He was throwing crazy numbers out telling me i could make $700 a sale and that one of the employees in his office had closed a deal for a investment account rollover and make $40,000. Sounded like he was just trying to paint me a picture perfect fairy tail. But he backed up most of his statements with photos or other employee testimonials. He showed me some pictures of him on Hawaii with his company which he stated he received as his bonus. Seems like a great company for some one who has lot's of entrepreneurial drive and is willing to chase after leads. You are asked for $100 up front if you want to get you license so you can sell insurances and after that you receive an email saying you have to pay $25 for your online website and marketing tools. I think i will follow through with it and see how much money can be made and how legit the companies products are.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to refer three friends to work there, I don't like recommending something I haven't personally tried and been successful at.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Primerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Primerica in June 2013.

I feel like this company was a pyramid scam. When they called me from my resume on career builder they didn’t say their company name. They also had said they have full time positions available and that I would be hiring and training people to sell and that I myself would not be selling. I had a brief phone interview and then they invited me to have a in person interview. The interview was a 2 hour presentation about selling life insurance and stocks. They said no salary all commission and you earn money if you bring others in.

Interview Questions
    • Looks like they would hire anyone. You pay a fee annually.   Answer Question

Not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in August 2012.

It was great and very informative.

Interview Questions

It was commission only and I needed a sure thing paycheck for now. Started school fulltime 2weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in May 2012.

very professional interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation where you have to manage someone who is older than you but doesn't think they should be managed by a younger person.   Answer Question

It seemed like the type of company who will hire anyone because it is a salary based position and it is of little risk to them if the employee doesn't produce.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in March 2012.

Received a phone call and short interview during the initial phone call. Sounded like a sales job, which I wasn't looking for, so I asked and the recruiter reassured me that they were hiring for what I was seeking. Recruiter set up an in-person interview for a few days later.

Went in for the interview where the representative informed me they only had (commission only) sales positions available. He said everyone has to start in sales in this company- there is no way to make it to another position without working in sales, and that is why the recruiter said they were hiring for all positions.

I was very direct with both people and frustrated that they wasted my time and claimed they hadn't lied based on a technicality. However, I had braced myself for this to happen before going in because of similar experiences posted on Glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in December 2011.

Had a sit down presentation explaining what we do, our objectives, etc... then a follow up meeting 2 days after that, more thoroughly explaining our objectives and approach. After the first sit down presentation you could leave it or take it to the next step. I chose to follow up, seems like a very successful and surprisingly friendly business and I work with a great team of people!

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions, rather everything was explained to you...   Answer Question
    You were told what you were able to have, make, or earn. The money is really up to how much drive and time you want to put into this. You really do get out of this what you put into it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Primerica in June 2010.

I did not actually apply to this firm as they actually found me. I think it might have been from a two year old resume that was on file at my college. I went in for the first interview where I filled out an official application for the position which I was not told of the position yet. I then went in and they asked very basic questions about my college and work experience. It really felt more like a sales pitch than anything. I was way overdressed apparently because they wore business casual and I wore a suit. I passed that interview and then went in for my second interview where I brought references and found out a lot more about the position. They really liked the fact that I had set up a business before and made a offer of employment to me.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked questions about my work background as it felt like more of a sales pitch.   Answer Question
    • They did also ask about my school background, but again it felt more like a sales pitch than an interview.   Answer Question

I declined the position because it was based on commission and I wanted something with a more stable income. Also, it did require training which I was already taking a full time load at Graduate school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Primerica in August 2008.

Interview was not too difficult, standard questions-why Primerica, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Primerica in November 2007.

This place was too scammy. I told the scheduler that I was NOT interested in a door to door commission only job. She said they have other scheduler type jobs and that she would bring me in to interview for that position.

I was the first of about 15 people to arrive for the interview. We all sat through the stupid sales pitch for their 'Triangular based commission structure' - I was told there was a base training that everyone had to go through and then from there you decide your pathway.

After the 1 1/2 long sales pitch, we were asked to fill out a form so they could schedule one on one interviews. I walked out without filling it out.