Primerica

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in July 2009.

Interview Details – This was the wierdest job interview that I have ever encountered. I ran into this guy while I was grocery shopping and he asked me if I knew anyone looking for a job. I told him I might be and he set me up for an interview the next day. I met with this individual for an interview and he asked me one question, which was what I expected from Primerica. The rest of the time it was all about him and his accomplishments and what the company does. I have never in my life been offered a job that I had no skills of any kind in. This copmany is just crazy.

Interview Question – What do I expect from Primerica as an employer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The company seemed like a scam or joke. I have never been through an interview where I was not really asked questions about me. It was more of the interviewer telling me about them.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Primerica in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was a glorified hard sell to get you on board as a sales person for them. I spent over an hour receiving the hard sell from the "Future Regional VP". I had asked prior to driving 45 minutes to interview if this was a commission based job or if it was an office support job and got the run around.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, a lot of personal information, no professional questions. Hard sell for you to join them in sales.   Answer Question

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Primerica in March 2012.

Interview Details – An absolute joke. i go in and there are 30 people sitting watching a guy who was yelling in a 20x20 room and telling me that i can receive 15% savings rate... how many 15% savings rates are available... all i could do was laugh... then i go into the 1 on 1 and tells me that i basically am going to exploit my family and friends for leads... absolute joke of a company

Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Primerica in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone by a sales rep, apparently I was referred to him by an acquaintance of mine. Scheduled the interview the same day. When I arrived I filled a pre-application of sorts, It asked for my info and for what areas of the company I was interested in. It also asked for my top 5 references. After that I was sent to a cubicle for a one on one interview. The "interview" was more of a sales pitch than anything. I was told basic info about the company, then I was shown how switching from whole life to term life ins and investing the rest was better. All in all it felt like I was being sold a life insurance policy rather than an interview. I was then given a second application. This time it just asked for my info and I was told i had to pay $99 at this point.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined because the job is entirely commission based . Second, I felt i was being sold the job, I did not want to pay to start a job. Third, the office environment and people there did not seem professional or trustworthy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Primerica

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Primerica Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Primerica employees and interview candidates.