Prince Georges County Public School

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crisis Intervention Resource Teacher Interview

Crisis Intervention Resource Teacher

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position, was called relatively quickly (a couple days at most). I then interviewed at three schools on the same day and was offered a job after the second interview. The complete process was completed in two days. it actually was a pleasany experience as the first supervisor I had was supportive and helpful.

Interview Question – How soon can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal, as they said I had to start at the bottom.

Math Teacher, Middle School Interview

Math Teacher, Middle School

Interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School

Interview Details – I wanted to cry after I have an answer to how I handle a hard situation and the principal told me I handled the situation poorly. I felt like the principal was playing devils advocate with all of my answers. It was like he had a certain answer in mind and wasn't satisfied until i gave that answer. At the end of the interview they said they wanted to hire me...still not sure what I did right. Not sure if I'm going to take it or not.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Called back for second panel interview. Interview process was very long. It took 60 days to receive a response regarding the position. The HR partner was slow in solidifying the next steps.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult. Questions would not be difficult for a subject matter expert.   View Answer

Instructional Lead Teacher Interview

Instructional Lead Teacher
Landover, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process is well put together for the applicant in the Oracle system. The postings allow fast application. THe interview process however is not well organized. I have secondary (middle-high school subject specific experience) and I was interviewed to be a testing coordinator and reading specialist for one position, I was not clearly told what would be expected for another, and was interviewed for a position that the principal already knew who they would be hiring in another.

Interview Question – I was asked simple questions about my background. There were no questions that really made me differentiate myself from any other applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase in this career. All salaries are based on time in service education, and are specific to the position.

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was great, but details were not given as to what the position was really like, what hours outside of normal business hours were required, etc. Be sure to find what specific grade you will be working with, as well as any challenges they foresee with the job. Also be sure to determine how many hours are expected of you outside the normal business hours, committees, etc. Ask about the Evaluation process and what is the typical protocol

Interview Question – None really difficult questions. Just the same basic things, ie: something bad that happened and how you handled it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, they are desperate for teachers, you will likely get hired if you are a warm body

Group Assistant Interview

Group Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in June 2010.

Interview Details – My initial process was ok it was just working with some of the supervisors, for the most part everything was ok. I didn't mind working there, I just changed my career.

Interview Question – If I were a animal what would it be?   Answer Question

Bus Attendant Interview

Bus Attendant
Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy. Submit an application and got the job!

Interview Question – Special Needs children!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My resume stood out. I did not have to negotiate anything!

English Teacher Interview

English Teacher
Oxon Hill, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Prince Georges County Public School in July 2009.

Interview Details – Same day hire, went in for an interview and the principal said I had the job

Interview Question – What educational principles can you contribute?   Answer Question

Worked for Prince Georges County Public School? Contribute to the Community!