Princess Cruise Lines

Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Customer Service/Reservations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Interview started with a few questions from HR rep, followed by customer service test on computer, then interview with 2 department sups, ended with listening in on a reps calls. All of this was done on one day, spent way more time in the office than I had expected, They did validate my parking.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in June 2014.

the interview went very swell nicely very calm very pollteful kind considerate they love my resume they are very witty very smart they put a very clear message across to me.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Phone interview with employer asking typical HR-type questions not specific to the position at first. The second phone interview was with my manager who did ask questions about my experience, what I wanted to accomplish in my time there, and why I feel I'm a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you had to make in a leadership role?   Answer Question
    Offered the position on the phone with HR, they asked for expected hourly wage but all interns earn the same amount regardless of department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Found their ad online and applied. I received an e-mail a couple of days later asking if I wanted to come in for a group interview. During the group interview we were told in detail about the job specifics and training and then were asked 3 questions and given 2 minutes to think it over. We then went and everyone answered the three questions, and then the interviewer asked if we had any questions, (which I always try and have questions) and then he let us go.

The next day I received an e-mail asking if I wanted to come in for a second interview. There is testing involved for the second interview, but it wasn't hard. I went and had an 1:1 interview with the guy who interviewed us at the group interview, and then I was sent to the call center and allowed to listen to some calls for 20 mins. Then I went and had an interview with 2 supervisors. They asked if I had any questions after they asked theirs and then that was the end of the second interview. All the questions were your typical interview questions. Like they asked "What are your Strengths", and "What did you like best about your last job?".

They do perform background checks so you have to wait until they complete those to hear if you got the job. I was told it would be a little over a week until I heard from them. I was called, not e-mailed, that I got the job.

The waiting is the hardest part, they don't want you to contact them throughout the process, so it gets frustrating, but I do have to say they get back to you as fast as possible.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask a question I wasn't already prepared for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Apply online. Will receive a call from HR. Then will have an interview with HR followed by interview with managers and potentially with VP's. Multiple interviews. If interview went well HR will reach out to you. They will not provide you the department manager's information so get their business card before you leave in case you want to contact them with questions or thank you.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions are common. How would you handle certain situations. They focus on what type of experience applies to the role you are applying for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in January 2014.

I interviewed with a Human Resources representative and then individually with the hiring manager. I spent about 2 hours there. It was a standard interview but I was also asked to provide writing sample. I heard back from HR within 10 days and started about two weeks later. I think there was a little less scrutiny because I came from a temp agency that screened me first.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. I worked in recruiting before so was well prepared for interview.   Answer Question
    Rate was not negotiable.

Reservations Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

I applied online and received an email a few days later to come in for a group interview. Once I got there, there was about 15 people, and after going over the job and benefits in detail, the recruiter left the room and gave us two minutes to come up with an answer to three questions: What brought you to Princess? Tell me about your customer service experience. Which of your past jobs do you think has prepared you the most for Princess? After he came back and everyone had a chance to answer the questions, he then asked us if we had questions for him. That was the end of the first interview and he said he would reach us via phone or email if they were interested in a second interview. We handed him our resume and went out the door.

The next day I received an invite back for a second interview. This one was more detailed. He asked me five questions total, then asked me if I had any questions for him. All the questions he asked me were situational in nature. After answering I asked my two or three questions, and he called a supervisor. The supervisor took me upstairs where I listened to some live calls for about 20 minutes. Then the supervisor took me in a small conference room and asked me five more questions, again all situational. She asked at the end if I had any questions for her, so again, I asked the two questions I had prepared. She said I would know within a week if not sooner if I got the position. If you are selected for a second interview, there is some testing involved, so be prepared for that. In the recruiting emails they specifically ask you not to contact them via phone or email while they are in the selection process, so the waiting can be difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do better than other people   View Answer
    No negotiation, the wage is set. You do get three raises in the first year, however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in July 2013.

Applied online then received an email the next week for a "mini" group interview. It wasn't mini at all, there were about 30 people at the group interview. They said they were looking to fill about 50 support agent positions. The group interview was just an explanation of the job then they asked all 30 of us to introduce ourselves briefly and then asked if there were any questions. That was it, and then they said they would contact us by email if they were interested. I spoke for probably only 1-2 minutes, and that is all they are going to decide on? I feel that there were too many people and it was not a good opportunity for HR to get to know the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in July 2013.

1st Group interview: One question, They want to know about your customer service experience and how it relates to Princess. If you make it pass the group interview. They send you an email with a link to a call center test. It's pretty easy. Then a one on one interview. You sit with a call center rep. and listen into a few of their calls. Then another one on one interview. They ask basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give one example of how you went above and beyond what was expected with a old employer.   Answer Question
    not sure yet.

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Was contacted a few days after I applied. Had an interview with one of the recruiter's. She was obviously reading off of a script. I didn't think I did terrible and asked about a second interview, in which I was told I would be contacted by her manager. Never heard back from anyone until 3 months later I finally received the declined offer - which I pretty much knew.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, a lot of situational questions.   Answer Question