Princeton Review

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Washington, DC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Princeton Review in October 2009.

Interview Details – The executive director conducted a phone interview with me first. He asked questions about my work experience and seemed especially interested in my computer skills. He then scheduled a face-to-face interview to meet with him and two other managers.

On the day of the face-to-face interview, I arrived 15 minutes early and was asked to fill out a job application. While I was filling out my paperwork, I could hear the managers and a couple of other employees talking and laughing in their office so it seemed like a pretty casual work environment.

When I finished filling out my application, I met with the two managers, one at a time. One was the operations manager and she asked me administrative questions about my skills. The other was the field operations manager and she asked me more situational questions. I thought the 2nd interviewer's questions were tougher. The exec. director wasn't there that day, so I didn't interview with him, but the managers told me they would contact me by a certain date to let me know if I got the job because training would begin right away.

I waited for them to call and they didn't, so I assumed I didn't get the job.

I was surprised when I received a call from the exec. director asking for me to come in again to do a face-to-face interview with him. We scheduled to meet on the next day.

Just as before, I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview. I was already at the office when I received a call from the director, asking me if he could postpone the interview to an hour later. I agreed and found a cafe to sit in to review my resume.

Ten minutes before the interview, I was back at the office. I notified the other managers that I was there to meet with the exec. director. They told me he wasn't there yet so I waited. He arrived 30 minutes late but ready to interview me.

The interview with him consisted of the same questions he had asked during the initial phone interview. We went over my background and experience and computer skills. His questions were fairly easy. Unfortunately, he left the door of the interview room open, so people who walked by the room could hear what we were talking about. We were also interrupted a couple of times by employees poking their heads into the room to ask the director a question. The interview continued and the director told me he had hired another person for the position but she quit at the end of the first day of training. He didn't say why that person quit.

Anyway, when he stepped out of the room to discuss my application with another director, he left the door open and I heard them talking about me. I thought it was unprofessional.

He came back with an offer. I did not accept it right away and asked if I could take some time to think about it. He gave me until the end of the business day.

Interview Question – How do you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I thought the interviewer was unprofessional, and I couldn't see myself working in that environment.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Princeton Review

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!

Princeton Review Videos

Princeton Review – Why Work for Us?

About The Princeton Review Founded in 1981, The Princeton Review has long been a leader in helping college and graduate school–bound students achieve their higher-education goals through our test-preparation services… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Princeton Review Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Princeton Review employees and interview candidates.