Princeton Review Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening, where I was asked questions about my previous experiences, questions about my resume, etc. It was about 20-30 minutes. Later that week, I was offered an in-person interview, which was said to last about 40-60 minutes. Unfortunately, the distance and the hourly pay dissuading me from continuing on to the in-person interview. But overall, it was a seamless, painless, and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• For someone with your qualifications, why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the Outreach Coordinator position at the Edison, NJ office. Was first called for a phone interview. The company recruiter emailed me back calling me in for an in person interview. The interview lasted an hour. When I came home I got another email from the recruiter asking when I can come in for a second interview with the executive director. Very excited, I emailed her back with my schedule. A half hour later she emails me back to say that they have decided to eliminate the position as a whole and that no one is being considered for the role. It was a waste of time and very unprofessional!!!!

MCAT Physics Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Princeton Review (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying they sent me a physics test just to make sure you know what you're talking about. If you've taken a few intro physics classes you'd know everything on the tests. Instead of an interview, they ask you to audition by teaching them something non-academic in 5 minutes. After that they asked me to come back to do another, this time specifically on a physics question.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a 5 minute presentation on a non academic topic.   Answer Question

SAT Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Princeton Review (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview begins with a 7-8 minute 'lecture' given by the applicant of a topic of their choice. I think they're looking for reasonably extroverted teachers who include the class and are comfortable with teaching a group of high school students. In my interview experience the employee who conducted my interview was rather rude and made it seem as though I was wasting her time. I also felt she was treating me like a child or one of her students rather than a potential coworker. Additionally, they had us take an ACT test, (which was a surprise to me, and hurt my final chances of getting the job as I've never taken and am completely unfamiliar with the ACT, in particular the science portion). Throughout the process I was overall feeling quite put-off by the company and, what I perceived to be a lack of professionalism and class.

Tutoring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Princeton Review (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an inperson interview. It went well and the interviewer told me that there'd be a quick HR interview (that he said was more a formality) and then a presentation. I told him I had a quick trip coming up and that all seemed fine. HR calls and there's clearly little intracompany communication. The interview lasts over an hour (which was fine...but just let me know instead of having me thinking this is a relatively painless 10 minute thing) and then there's an interview with the Executive Director of the CA branch (again, not mentioned in the initial outline). I did well on the second interview and the person says that she will call me to schedule the next round early next week. Not a "if we're interested." She says she will and then has me fill out an application that takes about an hour and is superfluous...but necessary just to have me hired. And then they ghost me like they're online dating. I email the HR woman I spoke with later the next week after not hearing her, leave her voicemails....and nothing. Not a phone call or email back, even to say they went with another option. I try the first person who interviewed me, just seeing if HR is busy....and no response. All of this behavior strikes me as incredibly unprofessional. I spent about 4 hours in interviews and that pointless application and was led to believe I had definitely moved to the next level, only for Princeton Review to not even have the courtesy of a response. I know that they teach primarily high schoolers, but that doesn't mean they should act like them as well.

Tutoring Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Princeton Review in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was very easy. Questions about my experience, why I want the position, etc. HR person was very knowledgable, friendly, said the site director would call me to schedule a second interview by Friday.

Educational Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Princeton Review (Scranton, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They need someone who can speak Chinese and English very fluently to answer the phone calls from parents. If you are qualify of that one point, you are in. And it is your turn to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Interview

I was asked very thorough and thoughtful questions. The Company seemed to be very casual and a very interesting, good company to work for. People were nice and extras (coffee, etc) were plentiful

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Princeton Review in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by a person in the HR department. The second interview was with the Executive Director and all team members of the office I will be working at. The final interview was with the Regional Vice President. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the process. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked on a team? What do I like most and least about my current job?   Answer Question

Tutoring Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Princeton Review (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

There are 3 parts to this interview. First being a phone call. Second is meeting with the director of the department. Lastly, meeting with the director of the company in that location. The phone call interview was really easy. The person I talked to was super laid back and made the interview very easy. Shortly after, we scheduled an interview with the director of the tutoring department. That was the hardest interview. He asked all the "normal" interview questions, but he seemed very strict and cold in comparison to the person I talked to on the phone. Lastly, the third interview with the Director of the company of the location was ironically enough very easy to talk to. It was the shortest interview out of the three.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you've had to endure with a client?   1 Answer