Princeton Review

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAT Instructor

I applied online and interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview Details – Applied online when I saw a Craigslist ad. I got a call from the territory manager, who requested an interview. I went on the scheduled day and no one was in the office (empty and door was locked). I thought maybe I had messed up the time and date. I emailed the operations manager and she rescheduled a new date/time with the territory manager. I was correct initially. (This should've been a sign the company was unorganized.) I went in for the interview and was asked some of the expected questions (Why do I want this job, what is my experience) and had to present a "how to" quick teaching monologue (I was informed of this before the interview). It was pretty easy and I was hired on the spot. I attended an SAT teacher training a few weeks later and passed. The other new hire with me was asked to leave the training, because he did not grasp what the trainer wanted us to teach back/emphasize in each lesson.

Interview Question – none - all were manageable and generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a base pay of something like $17/hr for SAT/ACT instructors. $19/hr for tutorials. A few dollars more for grad-level tests. I did not negotiate compensation - perhaps other people have though.

Very Easy Interview

ACT Instructor & Tutor Interview

ACT Instructor & Tutor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Princeton Review in May 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application for a different position and heard back about 3 weeks later with an offer to interview for a secretarial position and the tutoring position. It appeared that no one actually read my resume as everyone I talked to was seemingly surprised I had taught for 3 years already. Repeatedly called my home phone despite listing my cell as preference (as an adjunct, I'm rarely home). Didn't list their hours or wages for the part-time job which would have saved everyone time. They wanted ACT scores from about ten years ago even though I teach English and graduated with honors. Then, the interviewer, after hearing I had a perfect score in English on the ACT says, "Well, I guess you didn't do really well on the rest." REALLY? Sorry I didn't ace the whole thing– it certainly didn't stop me from getting full ride offers from colleges. Both interviewers employ the psychology trick for "listening" where what you say is repeated back to you but they don't seem to comprehend what you've said.

Interview Question – For the most part, it's the usual "describe a time with a difficult person." The more interesting ones: "How do you feel about making $10 per hour? Raises are annual and go up to $15." and "Can you commit to working for us for at least a year so you can learn databases?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because the pay is ludicrous, the hours cut out any chance at a second income as an adjunct, and they behaved like idiots the entire time. No thanks.

Sarasota, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Princeton Review in September 2010.

Interview Details – stage 1 in sarasota. we had to prepare a lesson on a fun subject. It had to be no longer than 10 minutes. I chose canoe camping. I had a list of all the items one should bring and passed it around. Then split my time between dos and don'ts.

Interview Question – How do you handle rude high school students without losing their business   Answer Question

Test Intern Interview

Test Intern

Interviewed at Princeton Review

Interview Details – It was interesting and I was asked about GUI testing. Spoke about data validation and my understanding of Web site. I mentioned about my study in computer science and programming languages I've learned

Interview Question – There were not many questions asked. It was very brief and simple. The manager asked me about data validation and how it worked. I knew how to answer the question as I worked on a website with data validation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Princeton Review in September 2011.

Interview Details – I met a lot of the executives including IT, Finance and HR. It was a well organized interview and everyone was nice except the CIO. He appeared frazzled and arrogant. Since I was not applying for an IT job, I didn't think anything of it. I went through three interview cycles which was extensive for a small company.

Interview Question – Do you have any outside activities that will affect your work at Princeton Review?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was worried about how backward the technology was.

SAT Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview Details – Initial meet up then you do a 5 minute presentation on a subject unrelated to academics. They are more interested in your ability to present than the substance itself.

Interview Question – Be calm and do not let the other presenters get the best of oyu.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Princeton Review in August 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed the hiring manager and an interview was quickly set up. At first, they wanted us to give a presentation to a small group of people who are also participating in the interview and to them of course. We had to teach them a subject for 5 minutes and do a few sections from an actual SAT exam. Then, we had about 3 weeks of training (teach backs), during which most people were dropped.

Interview Question – They just required improvement in each teach back.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Princeton Review in October 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume at a job fair, and got a follow up call from the hiring director. He gave me a brief phone screen, and then we scheduled an in-person audition. I also had to complete an online application. I drove to Berkeley and gave a 5 minute lecture, which they called an "audition" so they could see how I would teach one of their classes.

I got a follow-up email saying that I didn't demonstrate the necessary skills, but they would let my try again in another audition. I gave another audition in which I improved in one of the areas they needed, but not the other. They did not offer me a position as an SAT teacher, but they offered me a position as an SAT proctor, which I accepted.

Interview Question – The interview was primarily based on the teaching audition, not on questions.   Answer Question

ACT Instructor Interview

ACT Instructor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Princeton Review in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview at first, then if you pass the screening it's 3 days of training to see if you can teach. Basic questions such as "tell me about yourself".

Interview Question – Why do you want to teach?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Princeton Review

Interview Details – First, a skills test was given. Next, a brief phone introduction took place. The representative talked about salary, next steps, basic job description, etc. The interview question was provided during this introduction. We were asked to teach a topic in approximately five to ten minutes. Communication with Princeton Review was curt.

Interview Question – Provide a 5-10 minute talk about a nonacademic topic.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Princeton Review

Worked for Princeton Review? Contribute to the Community!

Princeton Review Videos

Princeton Review – Why Work for Us?

About The Princeton Review Founded in 1981, The Princeton Review has long been a leader in helping college and graduate school–bound students achieve their higher-education goals through our test-preparation services… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Princeton Review interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Princeton Review employees and interview candidates.