Princeton University

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undergraduate Student Interview

Interviewed at Princeton University

Interview Details – The interview process is just a chance to prove that you're a real person and not just a high-achieving student who is only motivated by getting good grades. If you want to do well at Princeton you need to have a legitimate intellectual curiosity because everyone is going to be working harder than you and you have to be interested in your course work to do well.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Princeton University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was started by a recruiter. He put me in contact with one of the developers that I'd be working with. I had a quick phone call interview with him. Interview went well. Second interview was with 2 developers via phone. This one went well also. The third and final interview that I had with them was a skype interview. I wasn't quite prepared as I think they were looking for specific coding examples and I didn't realize that was the purpose of the interview. It still went well though and was an overall good experience, they just went with someone else for the position.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. All the questions were relevant and expected for the position.   Answer Question

Research Specialist II Interview

Research Specialist II

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Princeton University in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was in depth and took a long time to complete. Start to finish it took months. The initial offer was an intentional low ball. but they were willing to negotiate to a normal salary range. The people were very friendly and very helpful. The Institution itself is very small and the campus is beautiful. It is a perfect place to allow for very creative thought processes to occur. The people are independent and very intelligent. With no major cities around it makes it difficult to buy anything which results in a tremendous reliance on online ordering. They love their policies.

Interview Question – It was difficult to answer: "Where do you want your career to take you"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salaries are posted publicly on their website

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview Details – Jobs for students are posted on the Student Employment Website. I submitted a resume and cover letter, followed by a short 20 minute interview about my resume. I worked for a politics professor and was able to work about 8 hours per week, whenever I wanted. We met once a week to discuss my research progress, and I self-reported hours into the payroll system.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary had been posted on the job site already.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate

Interviewed at Princeton University

Interview Details – The outcome of an interview for a postdoctoral position relies on publications, good recommendation letters, and a good style of presenting your research. There is nothing special to Princeton University in this respect.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview Details – Started with a screening phone interview in which questions focused on skills and experiences. These were the typical interview questions. Then had an all day in-person interview with most of the staff at some point in the day. Started with an interview with the three staff members who I would be working with the most closely. This was a conversational interview asking about experiences, thoughts about trends in the field, etc. After this round, I met with the administrative staff and had a chance to ask many questions. I then received a tour of the campus by a staff member and had a lunch interview with the Director.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioral and nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Princeton University in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contact with professor via email, first step: recommendation letters, second step: skype interview. Received Job offer immediately.

Interview Question – We talked about details on my research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Postodc Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Princeton University in May 2009.

Interview Details – standard postdoc interview drill. good papers and manners and you are in.

Negotiation Details – we will let u be part princeton cult. u shud work for free and feed on ur passion for science, but nih says we should give u 30k a year, we being generous will give you 35k a year. now go and publish papers.

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Princeton, NJ

I interviewed at Princeton University in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through normal process and got an admit from Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Princeton University, Princeton, NJ

Interview Question – Not very many unexpected questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview Details – A junior staff member gave me a tour of the office. She was very nice and geared the tour towards the position's responsibilities. The interview followed with the senior staff. The questions were basic but detailed. The interview took about 60 minutes.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions such as "What would you do in certain situations." They wanted very detailed responses.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Princeton University

Worked for Princeton University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Princeton University interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Princeton University employees and interview candidates.