Princeton University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.7

Theater Technician Interview

Interview

I applied online, got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30min. They asked me some questions such as why would you like to work for Princeton University
    ? We discussed my previous work history.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview

The interview process varies dramatically between different people, professors, majors, and experiences. There was a long delay between the application and the interview, but that was so that they could select the top candidates. Not everyone got an interview, and mine was very laid back.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Princeton University.

Interview

Received interview request from hiring manager (PI) directly; after initial interview, had a phone interview with HR two weeks later. Did not get the offer, was irritated that HR never followed up with hiring decision as promised (had been told I would be notified "either way" in the next couple of days).

Interview Questions

• Interview with hiring manager was subject-based, nothing unexpected; HR only wanted to discuss benefits/salary requirements/etc.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Typical interview with the head of the lab and the lab members. You give a presentation in the morning, meet with 4-5 lab members individually, go out to lunch and conclude with a meeting with the boss. An offer can them be given in person by the end of the day or you may be told you will be contacted shortly.

Undergraduate Student Interview

Interview

The interview process is just a chance to prove that you're a real person and not just a high-achieving student who is only motivated by getting good grades. If you want to do well at Princeton you need to have a legitimate intellectual curiosity because everyone is going to be working harder than you and you have to be interested in your course work to do well.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Jobs for students are posted on the Student Employment Website. I submitted a resume and cover letter, followed by a short 20 minute interview about my resume. I worked for a politics professor and was able to work about 8 hours per week, whenever I wanted. We met once a week to discuss my research progress, and I self-reported hours into the payroll system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary had been posted on the job site already.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Interview

The outcome of an interview for a postdoctoral position relies on publications, good recommendation letters, and a good style of presenting your research. There is nothing special to Princeton University in this respect.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview

Started with a screening phone interview in which questions focused on skills and experiences. These were the typical interview questions. Then had an all day in-person interview with most of the staff at some point in the day. Started with an interview with the three staff members who I would be working with the most closely. This was a conversational interview asking about experiences, thoughts about trends in the field, etc. After this round, I met with the administrative staff and had a chance to ask many questions. I then received a tour of the campus by a staff member and had a lunch interview with the Director.

Master of Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Princeton University in January 2014.

Interview

An interview with the lady in charge of career service of that program. She is pretty friendly and the questions are all quite predictable like why do you want to study Finance and what is your future career goal.

Research Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Princeton University in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was in depth and took a long time to complete. Start to finish it took months. The initial offer was an intentional low ball. but they were willing to negotiate to a normal salary range. The people were very friendly and very helpful. The Institution itself is very small and the campus is beautiful. It is a perfect place to allow for very creative thought processes to occur. The people are independent and very intelligent. With no major cities around it makes it difficult to buy anything which results in a tremendous reliance on online ordering. They love their policies.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to answer: "Where do you want your career to take you"   1 Answer

Negotiation

salaries are posted publicly on their website