Princeton University Interview Questions in New Jersey

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.7

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process took 2 days. You are invited to visit the school and you are asked to meet with at-least 3 faculty members on a one on one basis to discuss research.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Waited about 3 months for an interview, finally got a call. Went in the next day was greeted kindly, the people who interviewed me were great, made me feel welcome, gave me the tour, met everyone etc etc

Interview Questions

• Can you handle monotonous tasks?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Typical interview with the head of the lab and the lab members. You give a presentation in the morning, meet with 4-5 lab members individually, go out to lunch and conclude with a meeting with the boss. An offer can them be given in person by the end of the day or you may be told you will be contacted shortly.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Jobs for students are posted on the Student Employment Website. I submitted a resume and cover letter, followed by a short 20 minute interview about my resume. I worked for a politics professor and was able to work about 8 hours per week, whenever I wanted. We met once a week to discuss my research progress, and I self-reported hours into the payroll system.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary had been posted on the job site already.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Contact with professor via email, first step: recommendation letters, second step: skype interview. Received Job offer immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Postodc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in May 2009.

Interview

standard postdoc interview drill. good papers and manners and you are in.

Negotiation

we will let u be part princeton cult. u shud work for free and feed on ur passion for science, but nih says we should give u 30k a year, we being generous will give you 35k a year. now go and publish papers.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Applied through normal process and got an admit from Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Princeton University, Princeton, NJ

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

A junior staff member gave me a tour of the office. She was very nice and geared the tour towards the position's responsibilities. The interview followed with the senior staff. The questions were basic but detailed. The interview took about 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as "What would you do in certain situations." They wanted very detailed responses.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

Interview

Resume sent online, phone call, brief chat, loooong 2 hour interview with Staffing HR, Department Manager, another manager, and 3 other Administrative Staff. Was pretty stuffy with HR and DM - but other staff more friendly. Got the feeling some tension within the team.

Interview Questions

• Not so difficult, but recurring question regarding "how do you handle difficult personalities?" A lot of "behavioral" type questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Princeton University (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, resume sent, nice people very nice work environment. Lots of interactions and very fun place to be great town and close to NY very smart people all around many einsteins everywhere with long beards. really enjoy the place and think of smart people best for future progress and greatest school in country