Principal Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

first round phone interview. she will not ask question at first, you should talk about yourself about all the things, including education background, experience etc. and then she will ask very detail experience questions

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

It was interesting. Me and a group of candidates were invited to meet with a group of managers. We basically all socialized for 20 minutes. Then the managers presented us with information about the position, what was expected etc... We were then pulled out individually by a single manager for a 25- 30 minute individual interview. Next we had a mock phone conversation with a manager who was acting like a disgruntled client calling in and received feedback on how we handled the situation. After that I was contacted and asked if I would like to come back for a 2nd interview a week later. That interview went great. I received an offer and was hired.

Interview Questions

• The most critical part was how I handled a role play customer situation with the manager acting as a customer. I was presented with a customer who had been on hold for too long and had a question about their account and some of our services.   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

got in through a connection. The process is 2 interviews, each 45min with 4 people asking you questions. they go over your resume. its very simple and im just trying to get to the 50 word min that this site requires. just dont do anything stupid

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

Good, brief ... technical test followed by Tech interview, Mgr interview and HR. Technical test depends on the job role you seek. For development, the technical test checks people for sql and logical aptitude in programming. Make sure you dont quote too high a salary in your expectations since they weed out such candidates after the first test.

Market Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

They sent an email and set up a phone interview. However, understanding where the job was located was very difficult from reading the job posting. Online in their website it said they had several locations, but you read the job posting and it said Iowa. Iowa was a deal breaker for me so I couldn't move forward. They did offer me other remote positions and I wrote back that I was interested but never heard back from them after insisting twice.

Interview Questions

• Why Principal Financial Group? Really make this answer apply to you.   Answer Question

Lead - Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. First round is HR and all questions asked are based on situation and behavior. Second round they call it as Center Of Excellence. Very few questions are technical. Third they say it is at HR Recruiting building, and it is purely technical.

Interview Questions

• What technology stack used. Is there a situation that you had a conflict with your team member and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Not satisfied with salary part. Asked for increase , said that it is going to be their standards.

Employee Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview that lasted about 20-25 minutes, followed by an hour and a half in person interview that required a test of my grammatical and writing skills as well as a question interview. I was asked to write about what my ideal vacation would be, but they did give you four or five alternative options to write about. The test on grammar was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? After retirement?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Principal first requires that all eligible applicants go through a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you will be invited to come interview in person. I had three different individuals interviewing me with more of a conversation type of atmosphere. Most of the interview questions are behavioral and then they transition into your goals and what you are looking to get out of this work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult project you had... what about it was difficult? Results?   Answer Question

Investment Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

First round interview - Just asked about my resume, skills, why I want to work at Principal. Second round interview - Went through my resume again but in more depth. Pretty much all behavioral questions. The interview was pretty laid-back, not very stressful. I was expecting at least some technical questions, but I was pretty young and clearly didn't have the experience, and I think they realized that.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in February 2015.

Interview

face to face interview, two technical and one HR. The interview process is fast and is completed in one day. some times a technical level one interview might be technical also.