Principal Financial Group Interview Questions in Iowa

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

got in through a connection. The process is 2 interviews, each 45min with 4 people asking you questions. they go over your resume. its very simple and im just trying to get to the 50 word min that this site requires. just dont do anything stupid

Lead - Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. First round is HR and all questions asked are based on situation and behavior. Second round they call it as Center Of Excellence. Very few questions are technical. Third they say it is at HR Recruiting building, and it is purely technical.

Interview Questions

• What technology stack used. Is there a situation that you had a conflict with your team member and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Not satisfied with salary part. Asked for increase , said that it is going to be their standards.

Employee Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview that lasted about 20-25 minutes, followed by an hour and a half in person interview that required a test of my grammatical and writing skills as well as a question interview. I was asked to write about what my ideal vacation would be, but they did give you four or five alternative options to write about. The test on grammar was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? After retirement?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Principal first requires that all eligible applicants go through a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you will be invited to come interview in person. I had three different individuals interviewing me with more of a conversation type of atmosphere. Most of the interview questions are behavioral and then they transition into your goals and what you are looking to get out of this work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult project you had... what about it was difficult? Results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial and follow-up communications with HR were very professional and helpful. He seemed to really care about my future at the company. I was contacted about one week after I applied and the interview was scheduled for the next week. The interview itself was fairly informal (it is an intern position ) and they did a lot of the talking, but I left feeling like I'd like to join the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning specific challenging client relations.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university in August of 2014, and received a phone interview in September. I attended the final interview round in October and received an offer a few days after. The phone interview was 45 minutes with two people (an HR representative and an LDP associate). The final interview consisted of three interviews (2:1 each). All of the questions were behavioral, however, they want to determine your leadership style.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style. How does this promote effective teamwork?   Answer Question

ITApplications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Currently I am a third year obtaining my Bachelors in Computer Systems Engineering studying out of state. I Applied online for the summer IT intern program. Principal's response time was extremely prompt throughout the entire process, and they quickly set up a phone call with an HR representative that was my point of contact throughout the entire interview process. The interview process consisted of two main parts. The first was a 30 minute conversation with the HR representative. The second portion of the interview process was a phone conference call. During this second phone interview, Principal took time to discuss exactly what the internship entailed. Additionally, this phone call consisted of two conference style calls with 4 different representatives. During these interviews the following professionals within their respective fields asked various behavioral questions and specific details about school projects as well as personal projects that I had completed over the previous years. I was happy and eager to talk about some personal projects I had completed within android development. A week after my conference calls, I heard back that I had received an internship position for the position I applied in application development.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult and followed the guidelines of the numerous IT interview I have completed. The large majority of the questions were not techinical. If possible it would behove applicants to review code from previous projects so that one can talk about specific programming details and experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation associated with internship positions.

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

They reached out to me immediately after applying. I met with one of the HR people and someone of the program. They were absolutely amazing and welcoming. It was a really warm experience. Keep your resume in front of you because there was a lot of behavioral questions concerning my resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me salary in the first interview! This completely shocked me because you have no idea what you will be expected to do, so you can't even put a price on your work yet. It seemed a bit predatory seeing they knew I was early in the job process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Vt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

1st round interview asked working experience and academic background, example of dealing with new environment, ability of working with Micro office software. Other questions were quite common, normal behavior questions.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Applied Online, got a call to set up a time for a phone interview. On the day of the interview, got a call a couple of hours back asking to reschedule. It was a behavioral interview, questions asking to describe strengths, weakness, what you know about the company etc, why you would be a good fit etc. Followed up after a couple of weeks, got a response after a month saying that they had decided to go ahead with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview, questions asking to describe strengths, weakness, what you know about the company etc, why you would be a good fit etc.   Answer Question