SHI International
www.shi.com Somerset, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

SHI International Business Development Manager Interview Question

"Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual. 2 Business References Written Communication 2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today) • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution. • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with 6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory? • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES. • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Business Development Manager Interview Review - one of 24 SHI International Interview Reviews

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

SHI International – Why Work for Us?

Careers at SHI In addition to a competitive salary and high-quality benefits package, SHI offers an exciting, fun and supportive environment that was recently recognized by our employees as one of the best places to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHI International interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SHI International employees and interview candidates.