Priority Health Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Priority Health

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Priority Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, which was actually through the Spectrum Health website. I received an email 7 days later that my resume was advancing to the hiring manager. A week later, I received a call from my future boss to set up a time for an in-person interview. I went to the interview on a Thursday and then received a call the next Monday that I got the job. They sent me an official offer in the mail that day with my salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an issue in the news right now that our company might be concerned with?   1 Answer
    • Why didn't you take more classes related to this field in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my start date. They were very open and friendly. I wasn't afraid to ask for a later start date due to a scheduled family vacation.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priority Health.

Interview

Not too difficult, just 2 interviews. I don't think the hiring manager looked at my resume before I arrived.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, the questions were not that difficult, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more money and they said no, they would not negotiate at all.

Marketing/Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priority Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I received a call from a HR representative indicating that they would like me to participate in a online interview. They allotted me 3 days to complete it at any time I choose. The questions were a lot more basic than I was prepared for. There were about 15 total. This process was very impersonal. Two weeks later I was followed up with a request for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few members of their team. I arrived a few minutes early at the receptionist desk. I waited for aprox. 20 minutes until the receptionist got my attention after she had received a phone call from my interviewer directing me to walk over to the building on Priority Healths campus where they were. After the interviewer met me at the door they proceeded to tell me that they were not pleased with their HR process with the posting and scheduling of interviews. My interviewer was dressed in jeans, "casual Friday". I felt out of place. We went into a meeting room which had materials from a previous meeting on the table. That part of the interview lasted aprox. 20 minutes. Easy basic questions, more less just telling me the current need and some of the workflow of the department. It was a lot more telling than asking. I asked how many candidates were in the pool for this leg of the process. About 5 people had face to face interviews from 10 who had video interviews. I was also told that one of the contractors already working with the team was a candidate. The interviewer went through a list of past employees that recently left. High turn over, thus the position opening. The interviewer reviewed my portfolio. When I asked if they was familiar with my online portfolio or experience, there was hesitation. That meeting was followed up by about 30 minutes with two of the team members. I asked them questions mostly. I asked what was their least favorite part about working there. There was dodging at first, real hesitation with an uncomfortable laugh. Their ultimate answer was they did not feel that the software tool they were using was very efficient and sometimes frustrating. The HR person noted that there would be some kind of proficiency test. That did not occur. Overall I was grateful for having the experience but not impressed with the process or hiring interviewer. I felt as If they already had a decision regarding another candidate and I was wasting their time. They were not prepared for the meeting and had no structured questions. All of the people I met l seemed nice. The HR contacts who I spoke with on the phone and by email were prompt and pleasant. They followed up one week later with a phone call letting me know they were pursing another candidate.

Provider Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priority Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

First met and interviewed with HR rep and then met and interviewed with the provider services rep manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your current or previous job that you had to think outside the box.   Answer Question