ProAssurance Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at ProAssurance

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ProAssurance (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter found me, I interviewed with management, passed a background check, and received an offer a couple of weeks later.The offer was very competitive. Not what I asked for, but very close.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took some time, but they came in with a strong offer close to what I asked for.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ProAssurance.

Interview

The hiring process was done by a local recruiting agency. They attempted to low ball my pay which really angered me. At that time, I was looking for employment after having my entire department disbanded with another large international insurer. Even though it was more than my current salary, I felt they forced me into leaving money on the table.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions that I recall. It was the typical generic questions until you reached the second interview at the company offices. I enjoyed that one because they were great people who were very thorough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it turns out, after being hired for nine months, one of the senior management guys found out my salary. They were shocked at how low it was compared to my coworkers. Not only did I receive a nice merit increase, they added thousands more to make my salary closer to everyone else's! That was amazing!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ProAssurance in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a IT recruiter. She sent my resume to ProAssurance. Recruiter contacted me that the employeer wanted to interview me. The head of the IT department interviewed me. Very professional and courteous. From what I was told, they tend to be very particular with who they hire. However, if they like you I'm told it is a very good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Out of the blue, I was asked "Android, blackberry, or iPhone?" Wasn't expecting that.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ProAssurance in July 2012.

Interview

Quick response after submitting resume but took 2 months of phone calls and 3 face-to-face interviews before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ProAssurance in November 2009.

Interview

Usual interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Had to recall how many previous files were from a specific law firm.   Answer Question