ProAssurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ProAssurance in January 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter found me, I interviewed with management, passed a background check, and received an offer a couple of weeks later.The offer was very competitive. Not what I asked for, but very close.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took some time, but they came in with a strong offer close to what I asked for.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ProAssurance in July 2012.

Interview Details – Quick response after submitting resume but took 2 months of phone calls and 3 face-to-face interviews before an offer was made.

Interview Question – None. Interviewers read from a script   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ProAssurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – Usual interviewing process.

Interview Question – Had to recall how many previous files were from a specific law firm.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ProAssurance in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a IT recruiter. She sent my resume to ProAssurance. Recruiter contacted me that the employeer wanted to interview me. The head of the IT department interviewed me. Very professional and courteous. From what I was told, they tend to be very particular with who they hire. However, if they like you I'm told it is a very good place to work.

Interview Question – Out of the blue, I was asked "Android, blackberry, or iPhone?" Wasn't expecting that.   View Answer

Claims Interview

Claims

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ProAssurance.

Interview Details – The hiring process was done by a local recruiting agency. They attempted to low ball my pay which really angered me. At that time, I was looking for employment after having my entire department disbanded with another large international insurer. Even though it was more than my current salary, I felt they forced me into leaving money on the table.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions that I recall. It was the typical generic questions until you reached the second interview at the company offices. I enjoyed that one because they were great people who were very thorough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As it turns out, after being hired for nine months, one of the senior management guys found out my salary. They were shocked at how low it was compared to my coworkers. Not only did I receive a nice merit increase, they added thousands more to make my salary closer to everyone else's! That was amazing!

Worked for ProAssurance? Contribute to the Community!